"Sleeper" chairs at other DVC resorts?

Machta

Mouseketeer
Good day to all! After reading about the nifty new AKV one-bedroom villas with the fold-out sleeper sofa AND fold out sleeper chair, I was wondering if anyone has heard that they might replace the "living room" style chairs in other one-bedrooms with a sleeper chair. There are only four in my family, but with DS14 and DD5 we wind up either getting a two bedroom (which is overkill for the four of us) or DS14 sleeping on the floor since he refuses to share a bed. So, even though we're obviously within occupancy limits, a sleeper chair would sure help! Has anyone heard anything? Have I missed a thread?

There hasn't been any talk about that, but there may be some legal impedements to making a change at other resorts.

When OKW was built, the studios were furnished with two beds. Then, BWV got built and they put a bed and pull-out in the studios and there was talk that maybe they should change OKW. But, if I recall correctly, they couldn't because the time-share laws are very restrictive about what can be changed.

There would be no legal restriction for adding them, taking them out later would be another matter. I would think that only OKW, VB & HH would have room to do so with any comfort. And given the costs of those items they'd have to wait until they planned to replace them anyway or significantly raise the fees to do so. I doubt they could fit it into the budget now. Frankly, I'd be surprised if they didn't do this at some point given the AKV setup.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter