Sleeping Arrangements for 18 Month Old?

becka

<font color=green>Proud Mommy of sweet Nathan and
We are looking at taking our DS to WDW late this year when he will be 18 months.

I know that you can get cribs for the resort rooms but are these full size cribs or just Pack n' Play size?

I was also wondering if maybe using the daybeds in the deluxe rooms instead of getting a crib. Is there any way to get a side rail type thing for the daybed so maybe he could sleep there?

Thanks in advance.... :)

Disney provided us with a pack n' play portable crib at our last visit, I'm not sure if they offer full size cribs. I have also learned through this message board that you can request siderails for the beds.

~ Valerie~

The cribs are pack 'n plays or a small hotel type crib, which looks like a crib, no moving sides(very difficult to get baby in-out), and is the same size as a pack 'n play. I personally wouldn't use the day bed as an alternative, since usually the top and bottoms aren't secured by anything, or if there ia anything there they aren't a solid barrier (open armrests), definately a hazard there. Also, I can't imagine trying to put the bed rail on the other side, and they aren't completely against the wall. Luckily my DS prefers to sleep in a pack 'n play, since he likes his own space. What we did with my DD who HATED anything but her own crib was to place her in bed with one of us. We used one bedrail on the her side of the bed, and another one at the end, to kind of lock her in. The other alternative would be to contact www.abbf.com They rent full-size cribs and deliver them to all WDW resorts. I believe they charge $65 a week for the full size cribs. I've never needed them, but have read good reviews of them.

It depends which hotel you are staying at. The deluxe hotels have some almost full-size cribs and some smaller hotel-size cribs. Moderates and under use the pack and plays. We used two different cribs at different times and they are pretty icky. One that we had was so squeeky, it kept the baby awake and they used full-size twin sheets on it instead of a crib sheet. Luckily we brought our own crib sheet from home. At 18 months, I would suggest having the baby sleep in bed with an adult and use bed rails.

I could NOT share a bed with my 18 month old! He rolls around too much. :)

I think you'll have to wait until closer to your trip & see what your son likes. Even at 28 mos, DS is fine in a pack n play. He naps in one at Grandma's, about once a week. But we have a friend who put her baby in a real bed at 12 months, so it varies. Of course, her child is quite large! :)

We took DS at 24 months & he was fine in both the pack n play & the wooden portable crib at the Poly. Both had clean, tight-fitting mickey sheets. We are going again next week & plan to use a pack n play.

I have a suggestion . . .

Our son will be two when we go in October and we know he won't sleep in a bed with us. When he was 5 months old we brought his pack and play and he slept in that but he doesn't like it anymore. I read a cool idea about bringing a tent to WDW somewhere so that's what we are going to do.

We got him one of those indoor play tents for Christmas and he takes his afternoon nap in there. It packs up VERY small (about the size of a long tie box) so it hardly takes up any room in the car. We are going to put the tent up in the corner of the room. Since we already have him napping in it he will be used to sleeping in there. An added bonus is that when you put the side flaps down, it keeps the light and some noise out. So we will be able to watch TV softly without waking him.

Before we leave we are going to get him a nice cozy sleeping bag and a new pillow case to make it seem extra special for the WDW trip.

Heres an alternative we bring a cheap air mattress and our twins sleep on that, next to the Master bedroom bed in the Villas. At the deluxes and down It did not fit in the floor space, We use a queen size, In those cases we get 2 bedrails and the babies get the top of the bed and mom sleeps along the bottom to box them in. For you Of course it is dependant on how he sleeps at home. Ours are on a futon at home on the floor.I would check out a babys best friend if he is a crib sleeper at home. The pak and play mattresses are so thin I wouldn't want Him in it for a week. It just seems kind of hard.

ABC Distributing has an air bed play tent ( new summer catalog)on their website. I ordered one today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter