Sleeping Arrangements for a 2yr old

M

mrsltg

In November, DH, DD, and I are going to be staying at WL for 7 nights. I understand that Disney has cribs available at the hotels. Does anyone know what kind they are (I have heard that they are pack-n-plays). My DD HATES her pack-and-play... what a waste of money for my grandma who bought it for her! I am wondering if it might be better for me to just request bed rails and put her in a "big girl bed". Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Erin

Yes, the WDW resort cribs are pack n play. They are a bit smaller than the one we owned when our daughter required it, so we always took ours with us. When she was about 2 1/2 I stopped using it because she was really too big. Instead, I would build her a "nest" with a blanket and bedspread. Wedged in between the TV dresser and the wall to the closet area (at the All Stars and Moderates.) She loved it and still sleeps that way when we go (she's now 4). It's a bit of a tradition for her, she has no interest in sleeping in the bed at Walt Disney World.

I had no idea how our son would sleep in hotels as he is a great crib sleeper but had never slept anywhere but his crib. When visiting grandparents they have full size cribs at their houses. So I was very concerned about our Disney trip.

In January we went to Disney. Our son had just turned 2. We purchased a portable metal crib at Babies R Us. Just in case!

Our son ended up sleeping in his own bed. We asked housekeeping for crib rails. He was so tired that we just had to do his night time routine and then he was practically asleep.

We returned home and took back the portable crib. We also turned his crib in to a daybed with a bed rail.

We did bring along his sound machine (he listens to the ocean) and his night light.

Best wishes.

They are definately Pack N Play but to tell the truth my dd's never minded. They usually fell asleep in the stroller during the day for naps. At night they were so tired they would probably have slept anywhere and didn't mind the PnP.

I have heard that the deluxe resorts will provide a full size if availiable. I have seen full size cribs at the S/D and BW but don't know for sure if they were hotel property. Best bet is to give them a call directly and see about requesting one in advance and make sure they have a full size at WL.

I know you could also get a bunk bed room, the bottom bunk against the wall with a bedrail could work.
There are also a few baby supply companies that will rent but I imagine that could get pricy.
Have fun.

We've stayed at the Swan our last several visits. We had a metal portacrib (which they consider standard sized) for our dd which is more like a mini standard crib. My brother and his family who stayed at the BWV last year had the same crib as well. They are offered at these hotels. (S/D is not DISNEY owned but BWI is). I believe the deluxes have these types of cribs available. I'm not sure about the moderates, but I'm almost sure the All Star's resorts have the pack n play.

I totally understand your concern, my dd wouldn't sleep in a pack n play either. Call the WL directly and ask to speak with housekeeping to confirm the type of crib(s) they have available (CRO doesn't always know the information for sure). If they have both ask how you can reserve a standard sized crib.

If you're only choice is a pack n play you may want to check out baby rental places in the area that could set up a standard crib for you. It may cost extra but, your dd's comfort is most important. That can make or break your trip, we know first hand. We've had some occasions where the mattress to the crib was ripped and dd had a bad night's sleep and that doesn't make for a fun day. (it was taken care of after we found out about it)

My son will sleep in his pack-n-play, but he is getting too big for it to be comfortable. I read in a disney guide about a little pop-up tent that the writer used for his daughter.(Playschool makes one). She couldn't settle in with her parents right there, so they got her this tent and she had her own little space, on the floor so she couldn't fall out of bed, and she loved it! We are hoping this will work for us now.

we went to michigan for 4 days and 3 nights and what we did since he was pretty well tired was to lay him down with me until he fell asleep moved him on the little couch bed him and his 8 year old brother was sleeping put a chair near the bed with a pillow between him and the chair and he slept just fine.

Thanks to everyone for these great suggestions! I will call WL when we get a little closer to the date to find out what they have available. DD is only 16 mos old now, so she may be completely different by the time we get to WDW in 7 mos.

Happy Monday to all!!!

ds was only 15 months old and never slept in a playpen before, but he did just fine in one at CBR last year. We also requests bedrails in case he ended up in my bed ~ never did. We are going again in 3 weeks, ds is now 2 years and 3 months old ~ I assume he'll be okay sleeping in the playpen again. S

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter