Sleeping at Knotts Berry Farm Hotel...but spending most days at Disneyland

frogerina

Earning My Ears
A trip coming up in early March, 2019! First time to the West Coast with adult daughter, and she and I ADORE coasters and Disney. We will have 4 days, so have 3-day Park Hopper tickets and also booked a package at the Knotts Berry Farm Hotel with parking (for the rental car) and 1 day in Knotts Berry Farm.

Looks like both the Hotel and ART (Anaheim Resort Transportation) do trips between the two...has anyone used either (or both?) Would really rather not pay parking at Disney...let a newbie know the secrets! Have been to Cedar Point/Kings Island (both owned by Cedar Fair, so we know there will be yummy coasters at Knotts Berry) and we did (and adored) a week at Disney World a few years ago...

Would love hotel input, experiences people have had getting between the two locales and anything else you can provide to help us out!

We stayed at Knott's hotel last April. The drive to Disneyland was long. We had APs and were only doing one day at Disneyland that trip and one day at Knott's. Personally I feel the hotel is too far away for a Disneyland trip. But when we went another poster told me it was the hotel they always stated at for Disney trips. We like to walk to Disneyland. I think the ART ride would be quite long. But maybe still preferable to parking since you will be dropped off closer to the gates.

We did enjoy our day at Knott's. It was a nice change of pace. Much less crowded than Disneyland. However no other amusement park can load and unload rides as fast as Disney. Knott's, Great America, Six Flags are all so inefficient.

ETA Although parking at Disney is spendy it may be cheaper than ART. Those ART fees add up as your group gets larger.

We stayed near Disneyland and took the Metro Bus to Knotts 3 days. I think it was route 460. We used Google maps and clicked the bus to find it. Very cheap for us. Note we stayed at Knotts all day when we went. We also went to the Medieval Times as one of those trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!