Sleeping in the world

How many hours per night do you average at WDW?

• 10+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8-10

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • 6-8

Votes: 25 59.5%
  • 4-6

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • <4

• WHO NEEDS SLEEP!?!?!?!?!

• Total voters

beedee12

Mouseketeer
How many hours of sleep do you average per night at WDW? I currently have us scheduled anywhere from 4.5-7 hours depending on the day lol. But we are just 2 adults & have done this craziness many times before... and we bring a case of 5 hour energies lol.

Just curious!!

I usually do okay (6-8, but mostly toward the 6 side of things) most of the time. Sometimes I'll have a late close followed by an early rope drop, but that's usually only one day of a trip. I always make sure to get in a good night's sleep on arrival day because I will push myself later.

We go all the time, so never worried about getting anything done. We just decide what to do each day after we wake up and eat breakfast. Always close to noon before we get to a park. We don't schedule out our 60 day FPs either, usually, just take whatever is available the day of. The only exception was Flights of Passage this last trip. We managed to score a day prior FP for Navi River, so managed to do it all, despite not being rope drop people.

We have a 5 hour time difference to overcome, so for the first 4-5 nights I can't stay asleep past 4am, so I only get about 5-6 hours a night. As the trip goes on (about 17 nights) I stay asleep a little longer so by the end I am getting 7 hours a night, but I think that's just sheer exhaustion. On the plus side, we make the morning EMH every time, unfortunately we can't stay in the parks past 9pm as we're so tired.

We're on the short side, BUT we schedule a nap each and every afternoon to even it out...

It's not necessarily the number of hours for me, but the quality of those hours because I really hate sleeping in hotel beds. Even though the hotels on property are amazing, it gives me the creeps sleeping in beds others have slept in.

I'm a rope drop to close every single day I'm there, no matter how long the trip, kind of person. So not much! But I wouldn't have it any other way.

4-6 but not by choice :( - unfortunately wether I am working or on vacation, my body is like an alarm clock!!! Wish I could sleep a few more hours.

For me its 4 to 6 hours (if I am lucky) but in my case its 2 other problems. I suffer from a form of insomnia (although I now love Melotonin) and I was a Marine for to many years. Without and alarm clock I wake up at 04:30 every morning to hold reveille for a platoon I no longer have.

We go only every 2 - 3 years for less than a week so for me at least, it's go-go-go. That means I get up well before rope drop and stay until dark. The rest of the family usually meets me somewhere at lunch time.

My philosophy is that you can relax a bit in the parks and catch up on sleep at home; we're retired so we're already on vacation most of the time anyway!

Always at least 8 hours. I want to feel well rested before tackling a day in the parks. :earsboy:

On RD days, about 7. On those days that we need to catch up on sleep, we might get 9.

Dan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!