Slightly OT: can you recommend a Paris hotel?

Peter Pan Fan

Mouseketeer
We are planning to stay on-site for the Disneyland portion of our trip, but we will be in Paris for 4 nights before we get to Disneyland.

Any suggestions on Paris hotels? We would like to spend no more than $200 American dollars per night. Something close to the sights would be nice too, but any suggestions are welcome and very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi, I have been planning our Paris & Disney trip for about six months now (going in September - yes, a little anal). But I think your first question to yourself should be how do you plan to get from Paris to Disneyland. Because, if by RER A line, then it would be ideal to maybe stay near the Auber/ RER A station. If by taxi, then you can find a hotel within your price very easily and near any site of interest.

We are going to Disneyland first and then plan to take the RER A into the city. Don't feel like dealing with the Metro and taxis, I have booked a hotel near the Auber station (this is around Opera
Garnier and Madeleine area). This area offers many different metro lines, the RoissyBus stop (airport bus), the first stop for the hop on/ hop off tour buses, near department stores, and etc.

We got a great rate with our hotel, but the room rate has significantly increased since we have booked in January. There are many, many hotels to choose from, but you need to find out which area you want to be located at first.

Good Luck.

Cynthia

Hi Cynthia - we are going in September too! (We'll be in France from 9/24 to 10/3). And yes, I'm anal like you and have been planning forever it seems. But, I've really focused more on the London & Ireland portion of our vacation and can't seem to decide about Paris.

I assume we'll take the train over to Disneyland in the late morning/early afternoon. It's a Wednesday so I thought we'd miss most of the commuters by waiting until later in the a.m.

Thanks for the info/advice....I feel like I need to take a week off work just to research this trip ;) If you have any other advice to share, please do.

Thanks!
Susan

Hi, Susan:sunny:

It's a small world! We live in Northern California (San Francisco to be exact)! We are going to be in Paris from 9/22 - 10/6. We are travelling with my 4 year old son so DLP is a must. We figure to bribe him with DLP first, and then feel okay dragging him around Paris for sightseeing and grande shopping.

I think it is always a good idea to go to the public library to borrow guidebooks about the country/city you are visiting. Then only buy one or two guidebooks that you feel is essential to planning and for reference while in Paris. Third, visit great boards like this one to ask specific questions from pros who live, played, or visited often the city.

I hate going somewhere and feeling lost (especially in a foreign country). Learned this lesson during our honeymoon in Rome six years old - argued about where to go, what to do, and what way is shorter on every block!!!

Good Luck with your planning.

Cynthia:smooth:

Hi Susan

We recently stayed at the Novotel on the banks of the Seine, no more than 200yds to the Eifel Tower. We paid for a family room 125 euros a night including a very good buffet breakfast. Its a 4star hotel that used to belong to the Japanese (I think) and has undergone quite alot of renovation which is ongoing but very unobtrusive. Not sure what the rate will be when you are there but it might be worth a look.

As for getting into Disney, the metro is superb for getting in and out in around 45 minutes (one change as I remember).

If you want any more info please let me know and enjoy your trip, its a great city.

Mark

I stayed at the Le Meridien Montparnasse. The "subway" station and train station was right across the street and was very convenient. One thing to remember about rooms in Europe is they generally only sleep two persons. The do not have two queen size beds like American hotels. Our rate was 169 Euros a night and was a beautiful hotel. There is one picture of our messy room on my web page.

http://ftpics.markbach.com/gallery/album15

Taking taxis in Paris was very expensive. It was 50 euros from the airport to downtown Paris.

If you would like to read about some of my experiences in Paris check out the following Trip Report. This is a website for frequent flyers that I regularly write trip reports for. There is no Disneyland Paris info but it may be helpful

http://www.flyertalk.com/pasttalk/ftpasttalk_forum/Forum81/HTML/002830.html

WOW! Thanks so much for the wonderful links. I spend my lunch hour looking over your photos & reading your trip report. That hotel looks perfect and the price is right...I am going to check into it. Looks like you had a wonderful trip.

Since you went to the UK too, I just have to ask if you have any tips on London and, if you went, Dublin and Cork, Ireland. We havent chosen our hotels there yet.

Thanks again!

Originally posted by Peter Pan Fan
WOW! Thanks so much for the wonderful links. I spend my lunch hour looking over your photos & reading your trip report. That hotel looks perfect and the price is right...I am going to check into it. Looks like you had a wonderful trip.

Since you went to the UK too, I just have to ask if you have any tips on London and, if you went, Dublin and Cork, Ireland. We havent chosen our hotels there yet.

Thanks again!

I have been to London and you can read a trip report about London here. I should note that I was on assignment in Manchester for about 6 months so most of my trips were weekend trips only.

http://www.flyertalk.com/pasttalk/ftpasttalk_forum/Forum81/HTML/002706.html

I believe my hotel was a little pricier in London but the Hotel was super convenient.

Thanks again - I really enjoyed reading your trip reports.
The Sheraton is one of the hotels we are considering as we are Starwood members too.

Thanks again :D

We stayed in an Ibis hotel that was on the train line last May. We had our own car with us, and the drive was under 15 min. We stayed in a family room that had one queen bed and two bunk twins on the wall. Small room but clean and safe, cost about $50 American dollars a night. I think you will save $ to stay closer to Disney/further away from Paris plus it would make your commute to Disney shorter. My DH liked the Ibis so much that we stayed in two more Ibis's on our road trip in France. Happy planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter