Slinky Dog’s Tail has been Docked/Cropped! (Update Fixed 2/27)

That's a hoot. Poor Slinky.
Wondered what occurred to require an inspection? I'm sure it wasn't just something they decided out of the blue.
Not sure what happened with the tails but the decorative coils between the seats began splitting apart and/or breaking and were covered in mid-December. That probably set in motion closer inspections of the vehicles.

Not sure what happened with the tails but the decorative coils between the seats began splitting apart and/or breaking and were covered in mid-December. That probably set in motion closer inspections of the vehicles.
They were covered at least some of them not all in November while I was there.

Guess there are lots of folks who are so put out by it they dropped their FP. I just picked one up for tonight and there were quite a few too. Not just for Slinky either. For all rides in the park. Before that there were none except for mermaid and Muppets

At least the ride itself is super smooth, but the lack of money put into that land is insulting. In the line for Alien Saucers, there's an oversized viewfinder with a wheel. Everyone I saw tried to spin the wheel to change the pictures, but of course it didn't work. The picture didn't even cover the whole window, you could see where it cut off. Something like that probably would have cost $5000 to complete, but cheapness won.
Let's hope bad press like this helps Disney learn from their mess ups. They were more than happy to charge $129 for a one day ticket to HS yesterday, but are cutting us short on their end.

At least the ride itself is super smooth, but the lack of money put into that land is insulting. In the line for Alien Saucers, there's an oversized viewfinder with a wheel. Everyone I saw tried to spin the wheel to change the pictures, but of course it didn't work. The picture didn't even cover the whole window, you could see where it cut off. Something like that probably would have cost $5000 to complete, but cheapness won.
Let's hope bad press like this helps Disney learn from their mess ups. They were more than happy to charge $129 for a one day ticket to HS yesterday, but are cutting us short on their end.
Yeah they cut things in TSL. But if they had put in a working one some guest works have already broken it. That is likely why there are guys as much as anything. They are getting fed up with people trashing things. Why make it nice when it will get torn up?

Last edited:
Yes, I'm sure TSL will fail because the oversized viewfinder wasn't functional. I'm sure those people trying to spin it weren't even there for the the Alien Saucers, they just wanted to play with that particular piece of set dressing, and now they are going up the chain to voice their concerns. Iger better watch out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter