Slinky Dog’s Tail has been Docked/Cropped! (Update Fixed 2/27)

i hope they put the tails back on. they were pretty cool. prob some type of structural damage was seen at night or morning with an inspection and they had to pull all of them to be safe and make changes to the design. if that was the case then i bet when they do come back on they are more solid or rigid. the design of them bouncing prob caused too much force and was causing cracks which could lead a break off. just me talking thinking of what could have happened.

i did notice in november a lot of peeling off of color in the alien ride line on a wall or something. i was surprised being so new. who knows. bad choice in paint or adhesive if a sticker with the florida heat and humidity. maybe a spot that was getting baked by the sun non stop all day long.

This is what happens when they decide to use cheap materials, it ends up costing more in the long run....penny wise and pound foolish as the saying goes.

Why do you assume cheap materials were used? I assume that’s just speculation on your part.
Simple: The coils are already falling apart and had to be covered, this would indicate cheap materials. Additionally, cheap materials were used on some of the fencing to the point that it had to be blocked off until they can replace it with higher quality materials, both of these items point towards poor quality.

Because any more it has to be negative for some folks. Something Disney did to cut corners, make more money, screw guests, what have you. It can't ever be just plain bad luck. It has to be they didn't care
And that isn't me, I base it on what I can see has happened and it is quite clear that there are cheap materials that have been used.

While I'm going to agree that TSL is one of the cheaper projects they've built recently, I don't think it's fair to generalize Disney as going downhill in overall quality or cheapening out across the board. The budget for Pandora and Galaxy's Edge are enormous. Pandora, in particular, is one of the most immersive and innovative lands they've made. New Fantasyland, which opened a few years ago, still looks amazing. They've got multiple years of very big construction projects for Epcot. Though some miss Wishes, the Happily Ever After fireworks is an expensive and stunning achievement.

It's not hard to pay particular attention every time you see something breakdown or a light bulb burnt out, and it causes confirmation bias... and it's easy to make the case that Disney is always cutting corners but it misses the big picture.

To be honest, I'm not in love with TSL. I wish Disney would only build triple A+ budget attractions, but that's just not realistic to do that and to build enough of them, and quickly enough, to serve all the crowds. Disney is pouring billions of dollars into new development (and this time, it's not for the MyMagic+) and I think that's the bigger picture that's easy to miss.

If they figure out what the issue is probably if its fixable. I do wonder if this will lead to a stationary tail rather than a flexible tail.
That’s exactly what my thought was when I posted. To give the same look without the action of movement. Might have to be shorter or thicker to give the stability cause of all the vibration on a 24/7 basis. I don’t know anything but say it gets all stiffened up with steel does all the extra weight become a factor with throwing off the center of gravity on the train car or doesn’t that matter.

Because any more it has to be negative for some folks. Something Disney did to cut corners, make more money, screw guests, what have you. It can't ever be just plain bad luck. It has to be they didn't care

Im 100% with you on your comments here. Accept with TSL :) I think they really phoned one in with TSL to get it out quickly and cheaply to have something to offer for Summer 2018. And we all know the old adage about having things cheap, fast, or good. You can have two of either but never all three. For us it doesn't make the land any less fun but Disney seems to already be paying for their shortcuts here. Plastic fences, lack of shade, lack of seating, urinal issues, lack of great food options, slinky dog cosmetic issues, slinky dog breakdowns, etc. But yeah my 4 year old never notices : ) and thats why were there.

That’s exactly what my thought was when I posted. To give the same look without the action of movement. Might have to be shorter or thicker to give the stability cause of all the vibration on a 24/7 basis. I don’t know anything but say it gets all stiffened up with steel does all the extra weight become a factor with throwing off the center of gravity on the train car or doesn’t that matter.
Disney may resort to anchoring the tip of Slinky’s tail.

At DL Paris, Slinky’s tail tip is curled around and attached to his rear...like a Shiba Inu. :-)

It's justy Andy's school lunch box so it could be anywhere he is.
Thats why it should be Andys Lunch Box.

They could have put in a 1:32 or 1:64 scale Al's Toy Barn replica that Andy bought as a toy and it would have made just as much sense as Woody having his own lunch box.

Last edited:
Thats why it should be Andys Lunch Box.

They could have put in a 1:32 or 1:64 scale Al's Toy Barn replica that Andy bought as a toy and it would have made just as much sense as Woody having his own lunch box.
Isn't it just acting as a Woody theme lunch box? Like a kid takes to school. I know I used to have themed lunch box, my mom just found one of mine actually

Isn't it just acting as a Woody theme lunch box? Like a kid takes to school. I know I used to have themed lunch box, my mom just found one of mine actually
Disney always has problems with possessives and basic grammar.

It should be Andy’s Woody Lunchbox which he dropped in his backyard. That explains the cold grilled-cheese sandwiches and watered down beverages. Those items are worse than Slinky being tailless. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter