Slinky dog dash FP at 6:15, flight at 9:18?

Are you and your sons all linked to the same My Disney Experience account that holds the Slinky Dog Dash fastpass in question?

Your boys will probably be feeling invincible coming up to the fastpass time as they head for SDD. Then, after riding, they'll feel awfully anxious and afraid they will miss their plane.

On the same MDE account you can all keep refreshing and trying to get an earlier FP time. If you don't succeed in moving the FP up at least an hour (to 5:15 or before), you go in at 5:15 and cancel it out from under them.
Thanks!
My son (19) has his own MDE account that he has used for this trip; it's just the two of them. The 19 year old has done this before; just a few weeks after turning 18 he and a different brother (I have 4 sons total!) went to Disney for a long weekend by themselves.
But my son did give me his password, so we can both access the account (to better search for the hard to get reservations.)

I think right now we are leaning towards just getting them the EMM. They will be staying at the Swan, so they will be using Uber/Lyft to get to the airport regardless.

I don’t think asking to see if a CM can move up a FP time is a bad suggestion at all. Disney is known for their pixie dusting ways and it’s a FP, not a miracle.

As for those who are concerned the CM would feel bad saying no... last December my DD had a BBB reservation right before our 7DMT FP. I had no luck changing the FP time but I was frustrated at the idea of my DD’s hair getting wrecked 30 seconds after I paid for it. So I went to talk to the FP CM... it was actually hilarious to hear the conversations that CM was having with other guests. One guest said “hi, I’d like to sign up for a 7DMT FP, can I do that here?” The CM explained that FPs for 7DMT were gone for the day (didn’t bother telling the guest that the 7DMT FPs that week had been snapped up at the 90 day mark.) Another couple came up and swiped their magic bands, acted absolutely shocked that their magic bands didn’t work, and one said to the other “OMG I can’t believe she didn’t put a 7DMT FP on here” (I still have so many questions... who was ‘she’? Did they understand how FPs work at all? Were they just walking around and randomly trying to get in FP lines?) I asked to change my 7DMT FP for a time prior to our BBB appointment and was told no in 2 seconds flat. I shrugged my shoulders, thanked her and moved on. It definitely did not seem to affect the CM in any way and as I left she was dealing with a family of 6 who were trying to get in the FP line with only half of them having FPs.

Point of my story is, CMs are trained to deal with these types of issues and more all day long. If they’re able to help, they will. If they can’t, I seriously doubt they will be upset or put out that you asked.

If her sons don’t feel comfortable asking, then I would keep refreshing and trying to get a better FP time. If that doesn’t work, I would ropedrop and do the standby line. The idea of rushing to the airport and possibly missing the flight is way too stressful for me.

I agree that it's out of line to ask a CM to bend the rules. Not because it's going to hurt a CM's feelings, but because it's entitled & pushy.

I also agree that the original timing of the FP & flight were a disaster waiting to happen for a pair of teens with no TSA Pre-Check. Toy Story Land isn't right by the entrance of the park, and security at MCO can be a real cluster at times.

Glad the OP is looking into other options.

Go for it. It's all part of the adventure of being a teen. Plus, there is plenty of leeway to make this happen.

I wouldn't risk it, I am not a risk taker when traffic and airports are involved. Can they park hop? I might park hop over to DHS a different night and get in line late in the night before park closing and ride it at night without a FP. But, I hope they make it in time.

Its not something I would do, but I do think its logistically possible if all goes right. Is the backpack in the locker for their carry on bag for the flight? If they are staying at Disney resort, they can do Resort Airline Check-In for their luggage, but the locker would still be needed for a carry on bag if they have one.

Are you and your sons all linked to the same My Disney Experience account that holds the Slinky Dog Dash fastpass in question?

Your boys will probably be feeling invincible coming up to the fastpass time as they head for SDD. Then, after riding, they'll feel awfully anxious and afraid they will miss their plane.

On the same MDE account you can all keep refreshing and trying to get an earlier FP time. If you don't succeed in moving the FP up at least an hour (to 5:15 or before), you go in at 5:15 and cancel it out from under them.

When my DH and I are on a trip, my DD at home will check FP for me. She's the one who makes them in the first place. It would take 5 mins just to find the FP page on my phone.

Because everyone asks for things. As other poster says it puts the CM in horrible spot. On Theme Park boards people have suggested to those who have last minute additions to their party who can’t get the same FastPasses to do the same go to Guest Services. It is horrible advice to give anyone!
Oh, come on. It's a Fastpass. It's literally a worthless piece of computer coding. Some of the posts here are written as if these young men would be asking for a free ticket into the park.

How does it put the Cast Member in a horrible spot? It's her job to field questions from guests -- many of which are disgustingly rude, and anybody who treats any human being the way guests treat Disney employees should be ashamed (and banned from the parks for life). If the original poster's sons approach the Cast Member respectfully, politely and humbly, I see no issue.

Anyway, there's no reason to keep litigating this point, because it's not happening in practice. I stand by original statement, which is that the plan of experiencing the attraction and then heading to the airport is viable and worth attempting.

My two sons (ages 19 and 15) are going in August and today was their FP day. The only Slinky Dog FP they were able to get was at 6:15 on their final day. Their flight (American Airlines) leaves MCO at 9:18.
They can pack VERY light (everything in a "school size" backpack) and rent a locker at Hollywood Studios, and leave right from the park after riding Slinky Dog. If they take Uber directly to the airport, do you think that's enough time to make their flight? They do not have TSA pre-check.
is this the only day they are at Studios? if they are there another day based on their ages I would have them get in line shortly before park closing line is usually shorter than listed time then. just another idea for them to try

is this the only day they are at Studios? if they are there another day based on their ages I would have them get in line shortly before park closing line is usually shorter than listed time then. just another idea for them to try
Yep. It's their only day.
It's just a quick trip; they are flying in early on a Sunday (plane lands at MCO around 9 am) and have a 4 day ticket (no hoppers.) So they are doing Epcot the day they arrive, AK on Monday, MK on Tuesday, and HS on Wednesday until they have to leave for their 9:18 pm flight.

Something to think about: AA has a flat tire rule. That means if you miss your flight but show up within 2 hours of scheduled departure, they'll let you standby for free on the next flight (so long as it isn't the last flight of the day). If there's another flight going to the same destination after yours, check to see its seatmap and if it's fully booked or not. By the morning of, you should know if you have that backup flight as a peace of mind cushion.

OK....I'm the mother of a former CM (she left WDW last month), she was at PotC. She had many, many guests approach her and ask if they could use their FP earlier. Most of the time she told them sorry, no, that wasn't possible. That's the Disney rule. That's how they're trained. But, they are also allowed a certain amount of leeway. She never felt that she was put in a 'bad position' by the guest...at least, not usually. Only one time was she put in a bad position and that was by another CM!! She told the guests no, they wouldn't be able to use their FP two hours early. So, they went to another CM, who said 'sure, no problem' and on they went. There was a reason dd told them no....the lines were already too long! They have parameters that they can base decisions on. So, it never hurts to ask. Just, please, accept what the CM tells you, gracefully. You may get lucky, you may not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter