Slinky Dog FastPass??

That's a bummer :( I was lucky I guess, I got it right at 4am my time (it was the first FP I went for) for 10am but it was for 60+6, our last day.

I feel your pain. We recently signed in at our 60 day FP opening at exactly 7am eastern (4am AZ time UGH!) We got SDD at 60 +6days. 2:30 was earliest we could get. Wanted morning. For our 60+3days no SDD was available. Had to take Toy Story. Retired folks here and wont do TOT or RnR anymore.May go play mini golf while waiting for for SDD.

We`re doing ten days at Disney. I wasn`t able to get SDD on day three of our trip, but was able to get it on day 5 and 8 (booking 60 days in advance).

Question -
What is the best way to "keep looking" for a Fast Pass?

Since I already have my Fast Passes booked for my DHS day.
Star Tours - 9:30 - 10:30
Frozen - 11:00
SDD - 12:40 - 1:40.

How can I check for availability for SDD for earlier since it won't tell me anything in the morning is available (since I already have FPs booked for most of the morning hours and they system won't let you overlap Fast Passes).
So without cancelling my Star Tours or Frozen FPs .. how can I check if SDD FP for the morning "opens up"?

If you have all your FP booked, you should still be able to search for me availability by using the “modify” option. I haven’t done it in 7-8 months but it worked well then.

Instructions are in the FAQ here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...ing-anytime-fps-cl-fps.3538258/#post-56320822

ETA: you would still be blocked from seeing the time slots of your other two FPs, so it’s not perfect. But i think it lets you see times that overlap with the one you’re modifying at least, so some of the morning.

my 60 day window opened this morning and I got it for 60 + 5, they only had night slots open so I grabbed it.
Mine too and same for me.
It was the first thing I went for on day 60+5 and very few available and all are night time. I was more surprised that we couldn’t get a 7DMT at all and that on 60+6 I had Flight of passage available and even tonight there was still a lot of FOP available in that Sunday.

Mine too and same for me.
It was the first thing I went for on day 60+5 and very few available and all are night time. I was more surprised that we couldn’t get a 7DMT at all and that on 60+6 I had Flight of passage available and even tonight there was still a lot of FOP available in that Sunday.

and yet Touring Plans is saying it's going to be pretty quiet. :confused3;)

How do you know when they do a "Fastpass" dump of new times?

Our trip is in December, and on FP day we got FOP at 60+4 first thing in the morning without an issue. SDD was booked, but I kind of expected that, but 7DMT had no times either. I'm not sure if that's because I was looking at arrival day (day 60) and 60+1, or if they are holding the FP.

I've seen where people have posted that there were new FP available. What kind of things should I look for to hop on that?

As a side note, it's not the end of the world for our trip - we're focusing on rides for the toddler - and FOP was the only one I was really worried about. But 7DMT is new to us, but much older than SDD, so I was a bit surprised it had no availability at all. My plan is to hopefully rope drop it, but we have a 10 am BOG reservation and I want to hit the Enchanted Tales with Belle meet before BOG too.

Question -
What is the best way to "keep looking" for a Fast Pass?

Since I already have my Fast Passes booked for my DHS day.
Star Tours - 9:30 - 10:30
Frozen - 11:00
SDD - 12:40 - 1:40.

How can I check for availability for SDD for earlier since it won't tell me anything in the morning is available (since I already have FPs booked for most of the morning hours and they system won't let you overlap Fast Passes).
So without cancelling my Star Tours or Frozen FPs .. how can I check if SDD FP for the morning "opens up"?
Ya .. I know I don't need a Star Tours Fast pass or Frozen one .. but when travelling with a 2 year old, 6 year old, wife and 2 grandparents ... we aren't going to be hitting the ONLY other rides at the park (RnR and Tower of Terror) .. so there really is nothing else "worth" getting a FP for.

My "hope" was to get an early SDD FP and just do all of TSL early in the morning. That didn't work despite doing DHS on the last day of our trip.

So my plan now is to hit one of the TSL rides at rope drop .. and go do Star Tours and Frozen . .then come back to TSL for SDD in the afternoon (unless I can get one earlier).

My hope is just to have those all done early so I can make a 4th fast pass for myself for RnR or ToT (as I would be the only one riding it) later in the afternoon.

That's what stinks about DHS still .. if you aren't planning on going on RnR and ToT .. really nothing else 'worth' getting a FP for.
You’re still better off cancelling ST if you want an earlier SDD time. ST FP has no “worth” at 9:30. So keep the time open in the hopes you can get an earlier SDD. You can still ride ST at 9:30 via standby if you don’t end up getting SDD.

I would rather make Fast Passes for my trip each morning for several consecutive days than worry about arranging your days so the parks with the "highly desirable" fast passes are at the end of your trip.
Everyone should have the same chance at getting a Fast Pass for any given day if you are logging in first thing.

Goodness, I would hate to have to log in and do that daily! Plus, it wouldn't really be putting everyone on equal footing.

While that would, in theory, give everyone the same chance, in practice it would greatly advantage those who live in Eastern or Central time zones and have free time in the morning. I personally would be screwed because I have to start work at 7am, and I don't have even 10 minutes free to make Fast Passes at the start of my shift. Its's not practical for me to take off a week so I can get my Fast Passes in the morning, and people who live on the west coast would have to get up and be online at 4am for days on end.

Secondly, some people would have faster internet, faster equipment, and faster fingers. Some people would 'win' the coveted Fast Passes, and others would still lose out. It would be a mad scramble every morning, and Disney's stellar IT would lead to lots of headless Olafs. I'll gladly take one day of possible frustration over several in a row.

I also think that your premise that this would allow people to avoid arranging their days based on Fast Passes is flawed. The current system advantages those with longer stays, so people generally CAN get the coveted fast passes later in their stay. With a daily FP booking there would be some people who "win" at the fast-fingers race every morning and others who would "lose" it for every single day. So instead of planning your trip once with a thought for AK on day 5 for FOP, people would be adjusting plans daily based on what they can score. Instead of being able to get SDD or FOP for day 5 of a trip, some people would end up not being able to get it at all, even with a long stay, while others would scoop up what they want for every day.

Goodness, I would hate to have to log in and do that daily! Plus, it wouldn't really be putting everyone on equal footing.

While that would, in theory, give everyone the same chance, in practice it would greatly advantage those who live in Eastern or Central time zones and have free time in the morning. I personally would be screwed because I have to start work at 7am, and I don't have even 10 minutes free to make Fast Passes at the start of my shift. Its's not practical for me to take off a week so I can get my Fast Passes in the morning, and people who live on the west coast would have to get up and be online at 4am for days on end.

Secondly, some people would have faster internet, faster equipment, and faster fingers. Some people would 'win' the coveted Fast Passes, and others would still lose out. It would be a mad scramble every morning, and Disney's stellar IT would lead to lots of headless Olafs. I'll gladly take one day of possible frustration over several in a row.

I also think that your premise that this would allow people to avoid arranging their days based on Fast Passes is flawed. The current system advantages those with longer stays, so people generally CAN get the coveted fast passes later in their stay. With a daily FP booking there would be some people who "win" at the fast-fingers race every morning and others who would "lose" it for every single day. So instead of planning your trip once with a thought for AK on day 5 for FOP, people would be adjusting plans daily based on what they can score. Instead of being able to get SDD or FOP for day 5 of a trip, some people would end up not being able to get it at all, even with a long stay, while others would scoop up what they want for every day.
I agree completely. It’s as fair as it practically can be. Everyone has an opportunity and it works pretty well with the exception of the newest most popular rides. I also can’t imagine trying to get FP’s daily for Disney. I wouldn’t have a job very long if that was the case.

How do you know when they do a "Fastpass" dump of new times?

Our trip is in December, and on FP day we got FOP at 60+4 first thing in the morning without an issue. SDD was booked, but I kind of expected that, but 7DMT had no times either. I'm not sure if that's because I was looking at arrival day (day 60) and 60+1, or if they are holding the FP.

I've seen where people have posted that there were new FP available. What kind of things should I look for to hop on that?

As a side note, it's not the end of the world for our trip - we're focusing on rides for the toddler - and FOP was the only one I was really worried about. But 7DMT is new to us, but much older than SDD, so I was a bit surprised it had no availability at all. My plan is to hopefully rope drop it, but we have a 10 am BOG reservation and I want to hit the Enchanted Tales with Belle meet before BOG too.
Not sure if FOP FP drops are still happening at a pedictable time. We lucked out last October when they were dropping at certain times that I had learned about but I haven’t heard/ paid attention to this lately.

I didn't get Slinky Dog, Flight of Passage or Seven Dwarfs for my 60+ 5 trip at the end of November but I have been checking daily and I managed to score a Seven Dwarfs FP so I'm super happy about that. The other 2 I plan to rope drop.

FWIW- we just got back from WDW today and weren’t able to get a SDD FP during an 8 day trip so we decided to just suck it up and wait in line for it last night.

We got in line around 7pm with a posted wait time of 95 mins and actually waited about 70 mins. It wasn’t terrible but I would not wait in that queue during the day.

I agree, there is no perfect system. I think that the current FP system is a decent plan, and whole I was okay with the old one, I like this better. I book them with the mindset that if we do not get an attraction our trip will not be in a shambles, which was the same mindset I had with the old one that had my son in law running for passes for us. If we missed "a good one" we still had a great time. Except now one of us is not trekking from one end of a park to the other hoping that we get that FP.

I have given up thinking that there will be 100% equity in regards to much at Disney, and in fact do not believe much in the World needs to be alll on an equal footing. If I was staying CL and if I wanted to drop an extra $150 per person, I would totally buy the extra FP, but if I choose to spend that money elsewhere, I am going to deal with teh luck of the draw and the fact that someone got ther efirst, just like the old system. If I chose to sleep in I knew I was not getting TofT until very late in the day, if that. At least now I know I have three attractions in place ahead of time and if I really want an attraction I will find a way to get there, either by getting there for EMH, arriving well before RD or standing in the queue.

FWIW- we just got back from WDW today and weren’t able to get a SDD FP during an 8 day trip so we decided to just suck it up and wait in line for it last night.

We got in line around 7pm with a posted wait time of 95 mins and actually waited about 70 mins. It wasn’t terrible but I would not wait in that queue during the day.

That really is a welcomed surprise when you have decided you will have an extra long wait.

Yep, I booked my FP yesterday morning and knew SDD wouldn't be available on my HS day (60+3), and we're only a party of 3. I'll keep checking in hopes of snagging one before our trip, but realistically not expecting anything until possibly day-of. And if we don't get one, we'll plan to hop in line just before closing.
I had the same experience yesterday morning and HS is my 60 +3 day and no dice. I was able to get FOP 60+3 and FEA 60+2 but strangely no 7DMT on day one. When I went last year I had no issues with my selections. I'm only going for 4 days so it looks like Disney caters to people who stay longer. Oh well I'm planning to rope drop that's all I can do.

I booked 60+4 and could only get an evening slot. Also booked another one for later in our trip at 60+8 and could get an early morning slot. Booking further out for your trip definitely works better.

How did you get the +4? To my knowledge, I was only allowed at day 60, and of course, they were all booked up.

How did you get the +4? To my knowledge, I was only allowed at day 60, and of course, they were all booked up.
60+4 would be day 4 of the trip. Once you can book your FP's, you can book for your entire trip, up to 10 days.

Same thing happened to me. No Slinky Dog FP. We got a FP for Toy Story for a little later and went straight to Slinky. We waited about an hour but because it was our first time in the cue we passed the time trying to take in all the details of the new attraction. It was definitely worth the wait and hopefully next time I can snag that FP.

Still no luck for me on SDD or an earlier 7DMT. For me, though, no FP, I'm not riding. Just too old and cranky to wait, I guess!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!