Slinky Dog FastPass??

Someone just posted on another blog:
“Just noticed that there are multiple SDMT FP times available on 12/12, all after 5pm (was checking for party of 3). Hope someone who needs them can grab them!”

Someone just posted on another blog:
“Just noticed that there are multiple SDMT FP times available on 12/12, all after 5pm (was checking for party of 3). Hope someone who needs them can grab them!”
That was me on the FOP 32 days out thread. :wave2: Good luck to anyone who needs SDMT!

Goodness, I would hate to have to log in and do that daily! Plus, it wouldn't really be putting everyone on equal footing.

While that would, in theory, give everyone the same chance, in practice it would greatly advantage those who live in Eastern or Central time zones and have free time in the morning. I personally would be screwed because I have to start work at 7am, and I don't have even 10 minutes free to make Fast Passes at the start of my shift. Its's not practical for me to take off a week so I can get my Fast Passes in the morning, and people who live on the west coast would have to get up and be online at 4am for days on end.

Secondly, some people would have faster internet, faster equipment, and faster fingers. Some people would 'win' the coveted Fast Passes, and others would still lose out. It would be a mad scramble every morning, and Disney's stellar IT would lead to lots of headless Olafs. I'll gladly take one day of possible frustration over several in a row.

I also think that your premise that this would allow people to avoid arranging their days based on Fast Passes is flawed. The current system advantages those with longer stays, so people generally CAN get the coveted fast passes later in their stay. With a daily FP booking there would be some people who "win" at the fast-fingers race every morning and others who would "lose" it for every single day. So instead of planning your trip once with a thought for AK on day 5 for FOP, people would be adjusting plans daily based on what they can score. Instead of being able to get SDD or FOP for day 5 of a trip, some people would end up not being able to get it at all, even with a long stay, while others would scoop up what they want for every day.

I agree with this, but wanted to add that people around the world are also booking fastpasses and the time also isn’t convenient for us.

Disney accommodation, food and tickets are all so expensive, particularly in the wake of recent price rises, so if people are going to spend large amounts of their money on the Mouse by staying longer, I don’t begrudge them for getting an advantage for doing so.

FOP, 7DMT and SDD were unsurprisingly not available for my 3 night stay, but after regular stalking of the app, I now have the first 2.
I haven’t been stalking SDD in the same way as I’m not sure I want it more than TSMM.

From those who have rode on both, I’m curious: If both rides were new (or the same age), which one would you pick?
Is SDD more popular because it’s new or because it’s better?

I agree with this, but wanted to add that people around the world are also booking fastpasses and the time also isn’t convenient for us.

Disney accommodation, food and tickets are all so expensive, particularly in the wake of recent price rises, so if people are going to spend large amounts of their money on the Mouse by staying longer, I don’t begrudge them for getting an advantage for doing so.

FOP, 7DMT and SDD were unsurprisingly not available for my 3 night stay, but after regular stalking of the app, I now have the first 2.
I haven’t been stalking SDD in the same way as I’m not sure I want it more than TSMM.

From those who have rode on both, I’m curious: If both rides were new (or the same age), which one would you pick?
Is SDD more popular because it’s new or because it’s better?

Great question! I haven’t riden SDD (I do have a FP for it for our December trip). It’s not a great time for us (6:15pm) but it was the only thing available on my FP day and it is for our day 60+5 so I’m not complaining. I LOVE LOVE LOVE TSMM! Probably my favorite ride in all the parks. I can’t imagine SDD being better. It looks like it may be similar to 7DMT on the line of coasters so I am going to guess that it is because it is new. I will say that if I didn’t get a SDD FP, we had planned to rope drop it during magic hours at HS one morning.

Sdd is not similar to 7dmt, it’s definitely better. It seems longer and is more “coaster-like”. Having done both sdd and tsm, I would pick tsm myself... even tho I love coasters...

Sdd is not similar to 7dmt, it’s definitely better. It seems longer and is more “coaster-like”. Having done both sdd and tsm, I would pick tsm myself... even tho I love coasters...
:thanks:for this info!

Agree. SDD is much more fun to me than 7DMT. But SDD replaced TSM as my favorite in HS :)

Interesting.
Thanks for the responses.

It’s been a full 5 years since I visited WDW and back then TSMM was probably the hardest ride in all 4 parks to get on.
As we aren’t people who like to stand in long queues, we rode it only once.
I loved it though and have been looking forward to riding it again.

I’ve watched videos of SDD and while it looks fun and charming, I seem to be missing the hype.
If I had to miss one of the two rides because the queues are just too long, right now I’m leaning towards missing SDD and using a Fastpass for TSMM. :scratchin

Interesting.
Thanks for the responses.

It’s been a full 5 years since I visited WDW and back then TSMM was probably the hardest ride in all 4 parks to get on.
As we aren’t people who like to stand in long queues, we rode it only once.
I loved it though and have been looking forward to riding it again.

I’ve watched videos of SDD and while it looks fun and charming, I seem to be missing the hype.
If I had to miss one of the two rides because the queues are just too long, right now I’m leaning towards missing SDD and using a Fastpass for TSMM. :scratchin
I LOVE TSMM! Personally I would rope drop TSMM while everyone else rope drops SDD and that may get you a couple of times on TSMM with less than a 20-25 minute wait. You could still try for a SDD if you rope drop TSMM. If you have no desire to ride SDD, rope drop TSMM once and come back for your FP. Good luck with your plans!

I LOVE TSMM! Personally I would rope drop TSMM while everyone else rope drops SDD and that may get you a couple of times on TSMM with less than a 20-25 minute wait. You could still try for a SDD if you rope drop TSMM. If you have no desire to ride SDD, rope drop TSMM once and come back for your FP. Good luck with your plans!

Thanks. That could be a plan. :goodvibes
While I keep checking for a better timed 7DMT, I might as well also check for SDD. I would only consider swapping to a Fastpass that has a desirable time, but still worth checking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter