SM56 on St. Maarten

WLmom

Earning My Ears
Has anyone recently done this port adventure? Wondering what the beach was like and if there were restrooms and shower amenities?

We're scheduled for that one on Tues. When I called, they said it's teh Philipsburg beach... the one that's nearest to the port. If you go on google maps, you'll see that it's quite populated there, maybe even the downtown area? Anyway, even though it's close to the ship and we could probably go ourselves, we're paying for it for the lunch.

When is your sailing?

Hi! Our sailing is March 24. I’m just hoping it’s worth the expense? If you are able could you post your review?? Safe travels!!

I thought that, too, but DH says the lunch and taxi is what he's expecting the cost will cover. I will try to post a review, but we're not back home until the 20th. That may be too late for you to make a decision. If you don't hear from me, bump this thread and it'll hit my email.

Some thoughts after our excursion:

Caribbean Beach Day

• Left the ship around 10:30 for a 10:15 meet.
  • Took water taxi to beach. The cost would have been $7.00 for just the taxi, but it was included in the excursion fare
  • Taken to exclusive area of beach.
  • Got a chair each, including an umbrella every 2 chairs, free wifi for duration and a lunch
  • Lunch was hamburgers, hot dogs, BBQ ribs (mild flavour), BBQ chicken and potato salad. It was good, but not amazing.
  • We were given a ticket for the water taxi to go home whenever we wanted. After the BBQ, the tour coordinator was no where to be found, so no one to tip, either. It didn't matter, as we could leave whenever we wanted and just take the water taxi back to the ship.
  • Water was aqua blue and beautiful. Since the hurricane, there are places where it does sink, apparently, but they try to maintain the area as much as possible. There seems to be a lot of sea shells (the good ones for collecting) where you get in the water, but it's smooth and fairly level, soft sand, once you get in a few feet.

Take sunscreen and apply liberally. Seriously! My feet burned just on the walk to the beach. I know this because it's the only time I had those shoes on. My son was slathered with spf50 and got quite burned on his face and arms, but he spent most of his time in the water.

I did notice that the beach seemed to be 'divided' up for the excursions and for the hotels/businesses on the walk to rent out spaces. While I think you could rent an area on your own, it might have to come with a hotel room or some other deal. My older son found the free wifi sold him on this excursion.

Good luck, have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!