Small Beach Club Contract or add-on GFV

rstiv

Earning My Ears
Hey all I’m in the market for adding on a small 50-75pt contract. I currently have 160 points at GFV which we love. I am torn between adding on more points there or getting a 75 point contract at BCV. I love the idea of having another home resort and the option to book at 11 months obviously, but I just keep going back to it being a 2042 expiration date vs getting 20 more years at GFV (we are 28 and 31 so want to get the most usage out of it). This makes me want to just add-on at GFV. Then I go back to having that 11 month booking at BCV and being close to Epcot and HS along with having variety and options of another home resort. Just looking for thoughts and opinions of what others would do. Thanks!

If the length matters and resale restrictions aren’t a concern, you could always look at Riviera - Skyliner to Epcot and HS with the longer contract.

otherwise if you really want to stay at BCV, I’d suggest adding on there.

Buy BWV, closer to HS, has boardwalk view rooms, has lower point charts, and is much cheaper than BCV on resale.

BCV has the benefit of dedicated 2BRs and Stormalong.

Also boat to Epcot last stop at BWV and boat to HS last stop if Swan/Dolphin which isn't that much further than the BWV boat dock based on the room your in.

Last edited:
Buy BWV, closer to HS, has boardwalk view rooms, has lower point charts, and is much cheaper than BCV on resale.

BCV has the benefit of lockoff 2BRs and Stormalong.

Also boat to Epcot last stop at BWV and boat to HS last stop if Swan/Dolphin which isn't that much further than the BWV boat dock based on the room your in.
That is true I know it is a lower point cost and the boat is a perk for sure we just prefer BCV for the style there and the pool. BWV is a good option though gives me even more to choose between now haha.

That is true I know it is a lower point cost and the boat is a perk for sure we just prefer BCV for the style there and the pool. BWV is a good option though gives me even more to choose between now haha.

If you want the pool at BCV that is the biggest draw IMO.

Have you stayed at BCV? I haven't but as with everyone our plans were all changing around and we had a chance to book BCV and when reading there is just the 1 view category with some rooms just staring out on the road. I like the option of getting a discount on a poor view or paying a little more and getting a better view.

People love BCV though.

I would say getting a low point BCV contract is likely going to be difficult to find but I have observed a couple on the resale market over the last month or two. If they come up make sure you put in an offer right away online and call call call the resale company to make sure they got your offer.

If the pool is a big draw for you, chose BCV over BWV. If it is just location, BWV wins.

Price wise BCV and GFV will be close in price for a small contract. I think I saw a 50 pt. BCV sell the other day for $170.

If you want the pool at BCV that is the biggest draw IMO.

Have you stayed at BCV? I haven't but as with everyone our plans were all changing around and we had a chance to book BCV and when reading there is just the 1 view category with some rooms just staring out on the road. I like the option of getting a discount on a poor view or paying a little more and getting a better view.

People love BCV though.

I would say getting a low point BCV contract is likely going to be difficult to find but I have observed a couple on the resale market over the last month or two. If they come up make sure you put in an offer right away online and call call call the resale company to make sure they got your offer.
I haven’t stayed there before either. I have been to the resort though. I did notice the room view on certain room types but not a huge deal breaker for us.

yes there are a couple out there now but it is pretty rare and they go quick both BCV and BWV contracts from what I have been seeing.

My opinion is to add on at VGF since you are only looking for a 75 point contract. And I would actually look at buying direct since there may not be a huge final cost difference on that small of a contract and you can get matching use years. Plus if you buy direct you can use those points at DVC2 resorts.
My reasoning is two fold. You guys are young (actually about the same age as I was when we got into DVC) and 75 points are only going to help you get studios for the most part. As your family grows (assuming that may be in your plans) you will find yourself moving to more 1 bedrooms (that’s what has happened to us). But if you buy BCV your points would be split between two resorts and making 1 bedroom reservations tough. Secondly at your age BCV will expire when you are 50, which for a small contract is no big deal, but when you BCV contract were to expire it’s worthless, your VGF contract will still most likely have close to the same value as it does today in 20 years.

My opinion is to add on at VGF since you are only looking for a 75 point contract. And I would actually look at buying direct since there may not be a huge final cost difference on that small of a contract and you can get matching use years. Plus if you buy direct you can use those points at DVC2 resorts.
My reasoning is two fold. You guys are young (actually about the same age as I was when we got into DVC) and 75 points are only going to help you get studios for the most part. As your family grows (assuming that may be in your plans) you will find yourself moving to more 1 bedrooms (that’s what has happened to us). But if you buy BCV your points would be split between two resorts and making 1 bedroom reservations tough. Secondly at your age BCV will expire when you are 50, which for a small contract is no big deal, but when you BCV contract were to expire it’s worthless, your VGF contract will still most likely have close to the same value as it does today in 20 years.
We typically like do split stays when we go so usually will stay at GFV for a few days do MK and monorail resorts etc. then book a couple nights at BCV to do Epcot and HS so the small number of points should be ok for 1 bedrooms depending on the time of year points wise.

all that does make a lot of sense that’s what pushing me more towards GFV just because I will get double the use out of it thanks for the input it was a big help!

Finding a 75 point BCV contract that fits your UY will take some time. Like, potentially a LOT of time. And it will go for $160-$165. You may need to seriously consider buying 100 points if you pick BCV. Since the minimum was 150 points when BCV was for sale there's just not that many smaller contracts; I am tracking BCV listings on 14 sites right now and there is only 1 listing right now under 150 points, on www.dvcresalemarket.com

Finding a 75 point BCV contract that fits your UY will take some time. Like, potentially a LOT of time. And it will go for $160-$165. You may need to seriously consider buying 100 points if you pick BCV. Since the minimum was 150 points when BCV was for sale there's just not that many smaller contracts; I am tracking BCV listings on 14 sites right now and there is only 1 listing right now under 150 points, on www.dvcresalemarket.com
I potentially have 2 deals on the table I am just trying to decide between the two.

BCV 75 points $155 per point (stripped)
Or
GFV 70 points $175 per point (this years points so add MF for this year)

I would go for GFV. But I think Stormalong Bay is kinda overrated. Granted, its probably the most interesting pool at a WDW property, but its kind of average compared to hotel pools outside the bubble. Sorry BCV fans. It is also crazy busy at that pool, and you have to cross the walkway outside the pool gate to get to the slide, which I think is kind of sketchy for younger children. I prefer BWV. But if choosing between GFV and BCV, I would choose GFV.

Will Disney sell a direct contract for only 75 points? Sorry for the ignorance I’m new at this and doing research

Will Disney sell a direct contract for only 75 points? Sorry for the ignorance I’m new at this and doing research
The minimums are lower once you’re a member. But they’ll sell you that for Animal Kingdom, Old Key West or Saratoga Springs even if you’re new. You won’t qualify for any of the “bonus” perks that come with membership with only 75 points though.

I’m not too familiar with direct rules but someone can correct me if I’m wrong.

if you aren’t a member at all I think the minimum you can buy direct is 75 points which they will try and tell you100 is the minimum unless this has changed? As for add ons I think you can buy any amount from 25 and up.

As for add ons I think you can buy any amount from 25 and up.

Depends on the resort, it can always change, and there could always be an exception.

Basically its best to just call and check what they would be willing to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!