Small Contracts & Direct Purchase is AWESOME!!!

Am I mistaken but I thought you couldnt get a contract for less than 100points direct?!

You can buy less than 100 points direct if you are already an owner. I don’t know what the direct initial minimum is. I thought I read it was 75 somewhere but that could be wrong.

You can buy less than 100 points direct if you are already an owner. I don’t know what the direct initial minimum is. I thought I read it was 75 somewhere but that could be wrong.
75 points is The minimum at CCV(as initial buyin). You can buy less at the other resorts, I believe it’s 50 points minimum.

If you buy less than 75 points you won’t get the direct perks, but if you have them already it shouldn’t matter

https://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-program/financial/pricing-a-promotions

Technically, the only ones that are 50 pt minimums to new buyers right now are SSR, OKW, HHI, and VB.

The 100 pt stated minimums at other resorts though are often not strictly enforced. CCV is listed as 100 pt but many have reported buying 75. It will probably depend on your guide and / or how hard you push.

I was offered 50 pretty much anywhere except CCV - they wouldn't budge below 75 at CCV - late last year. I bought 60 at BWV but they would have allowed 50. However, I think the "written policy" was lower then, too. I think with the last price change, they upped the minimums at some of the older resorts.

So lemme ask you guys this: if i were to purchase a small direct 50pt to SSR would I later be able to buy additional on resale market and add them together? How does UseYear work if they are not the same?

So lemme ask you guys this: if i were to purchase a small direct 50pt to SSR would I later be able to buy additional on resale market and add them together? How does UseYear work if they are not the same?

Your better off buying 75 points direct right now because of the Membership "perks".

Once you have your membership, as long as you purchase a resale contract at the same resort with the same UY, the points should all act as one big membership, ie. 75 direct points + 200 resale points = 275 points to use at your home resort at the 11 month mark. If you have a contract with a different resort or UY, then the membership acts as separate entities until the 7 month mark.

If I never plan vacations that far out (11months) doesnt it make sense just to buy more points at ...say Vero beach for $100 a point direct even if I always plan to go to a DisneyWorld resort?!

If I never plan vacations that far out (11months) doesnt it make sense just to buy more points at ...say Vero beach for $100 a point direct even if I always plan to go to a DisneyWorld resort?!

Actually buying Vero is a horrible idea, even with buying in at say $50-$60/point. The annual maintenance fees are the highest of all the resorts.

Resort 2018 Maintenance
Animal Kingdom Villas $6.76
Aulani Hawaii $7.54
Bay Lake Tower $5.92
Beach Club Villas $6.44
Boardwalk Villas $6.55
Grand Californian $5.88
Grand Floridian $6.13
Hilton Head $7.72
Old Key West $6.72
Polynesian $6.20
Saratoga Springs $5.86
Boulder Ridge (Wilderness Lodge) $6.93
Vero Beach $8.53

Only if you are ok with the potential of not being able to get a room at all on Disney Property, and ok with the fact that you are likely to pay more for that Vero Beach contract over the life of the contract as the MFs are much higher.

1) The 7 month window is getting tougher for stays at wdw (unless you have enough points to stay at a bungalow or cabin, I guess). Lots of owners are complaining that they expected to have more options at 7 months out but they should have bought where they didn't mind staying...

2) Irma eventually veered away from VB and just hit it with a bit of rain, but at one point, VB was square in the middle of Irma's projected path. If a storm like that did hit VB, you'd better save a little extra as the dues could skyrocket even higher...

https://www.disboards.com/threads/hurricane-irma-vb-hhi.3632421/

if you bought a 50 pt SSR contract and later added a 100 pt CCV contract and wanted to book CCV at 11 months out, it would be as if you didn't even own the SSR contract as only pts from the CCV contract would be available to you at 11 months out for booking CCV. (It is the points themselves that have the home resort priority, and not you as the owner.)

Having 2 different UY months when you plan to use the contracts together for booking a stay is not a good idea. There is a lot to learn first. If you have 2 contracts with the same UY and titled the same (such that they are included under 1 membership number),they would work together seamlessly (at 11 months out if they are for the same home resort, or at 7 months out if they are for different home resorts).

Are you sure it's for a year? We just added on last month and the no interest financing on the Disney Visa is only 6 months.
You are correct- the Zero Interest is for 6 months, not a year. I just confirmed that with DVC Quality/Finance.
I also learned that I can put my annual dues on my Disney Visa, one-time-per year, and get Disney Rewards points for that.
I love double-dipping when it comes to PERKS! :)

You are correct- the Zero Interest is for 6 months, not a year. I just confirmed that with DVC Quality/Finance.
I also learned that I can put my annual dues on my Disney Visa, one-time-per year, and get Disney Rewards points for that.
I love double-dipping when it comes to PERKS! :)
I thought I read somewhere that you could not put annual dues on disney Visa or any credit card. Is that incorrect? I would love to put dues on disney visa.

I thought I read somewhere that you could not put annual dues on disney Visa or any credit card. Is that incorrect? I would love to put dues on disney visa.
You can put your dues on the DV to get your rewards. You can't get the financing for them, nor can you set up automatic monthly payments through the Visa. You could manually pay the monthly amount before they process it out of your bank account, but I have never tried this. We pay our dues in January on the DV to get the rewards.

You can put your dues on the DV to get your rewards. You can't get the financing for them, nor can you set up automatic monthly payments through the Visa. You could manually pay the monthly amount before they process it out of your bank account, but I have never tried this. We pay our dues in January on the DV to get the rewards.
Wow, that's awesome. Thanks

I just added on 80pts at AKV. Although there is definite savings buying resale, I wasn't looking for more than 80pts (to bring my total ownership to 200pts), and most contracts out right now selling for < $115ppt for AKV seem to be 160pts or more. Buying double the points I purchased direct would have still cost me about $5000 more up front, more in closing costs, and more in maintenance fees than I was prepared to spend over the life of the contract. Plus, buying direct gets me the perks (whatever they may be) and I was guaranteed the 2018 points. It seems like resale contracts with 2018 points and banked points have a $10-15 premium on them now, which makes the savings window even smaller.

I just added on 80pts at AKV. Although there is definite savings buying resale, I wasn't looking for more than 80pts (to bring my total ownership to 200pts), and most contracts out right now selling for < $115ppt for AKV seem to be 160pts or more. Buying double the points I purchased direct would have still cost me about $5000 more up front, more in closing costs, and more in maintenance fees than I was prepared to spend over the life of the contract. Plus, buying direct gets me the perks (whatever they may be) and I was guaranteed the 2018 points. It seems like resale contracts with 2018 points and banked points have a $10-15 premium on them now, which makes the savings window even smaller.
Congrats on your points add on!
Have you used your AKV points for either the Value Studio or the Concierge Lebel. They are the 2 categories I have had a hard time getting at 7M-Ressie.
If I add on again later, I may look for about 180 AKL points (That currently gets you 3 weeks in a Value Studio)!

Congrats on your points add on!
Have you used your AKV points for either the Value Studio or the Concierge Lebel. They are the 2 categories I have had a hard time getting at 7M-Ressie.
If I add on again later, I may look for about 180 AKL points (That currently gets you 3 weeks in a Value Studio)!

A year ago I did a similar direct purchase small add on at AKV so I would have the 11 month booking window.

Stayed value studios in March and August. I now have one booked for December as well as next March and August. There have been times when all value studios have been booked on my 11 month day but by monitoring and waitlisting, owning has clearly been advantageous. Value studios are small but I love the resort and the units are a perfect size for me.

Not interested in concierge so I can’t speak directly to that.

I went direct because of the ease and price which was small compared to what I was seeing resale. Called, waitlisted 2-3 weeks and had my points which included 2017 as well as 2018. I’d do it again in a heartbeat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter