Small Red Memorial Castaway Cay

willrun4mickey

Earning My Ears
Hello. I found a small memorial that looked like a tiny red door at the bottom of a tree along the bike bath (after the cabanas) in CC. I couldn't make out the name but it looked as if the date was 1998 and folks had put stickers on it through the years. Does anyone know any details about it?

I am quite sure that there is at least one earlier thread about this. Also I think it disappeared for a while but then returned later.

Well I have searched but can't find a previous thread on this but I really think there was one.

Wow...been to Castaway Cay countless times and this is the first I am seeing or hearing about this!!! Very interesting. The only thing that rings a bell is that 1998 is the year of DCL's first official sailings and calls to Castaway Cay. We were on the Magic's MV on July 30, 1998,

MJ

The post on another site implies that it was put there by Disney but I don't think so. I think it is a memorial to a person whose photo is on the inside when you open the door. I believe it is of a man in a uniform. We have seen this for several years but I am pretty sure it did disappear for a while.

Ok, I found a photo and it is a man in a white officer uniform and the name is Mahendran "Mike" Narayanaswany (if I am reading the corroded plaque correctly. Don't know what kind of uniform.

Thanks, Sam. Maybe put there by fellow crew members.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter