Smoking Areas?

JAMIESMITH

DIS Veteran
My husband is a smoker (disgusting habit, I know). Which of the hotels offering EP has the most convenient smoking areas? I know he will need to go outside, just wondering which one might offer the shortest trek to a designated smoking area.

I do believe all the hotels have outside designated smoking sections.

Which hotel will you be staying?

I do believe all the hotels have outside designated smoking sections.

Which hotel will you be staying?

We are currently booked at HRH, but I’d snag a lower rate at PBH or RPR if it popped up.

I know my husband had an easier time at The Polynesian than at Boardwalk. The long hallways there made each smoke a trek.

I’m trying to pull up some hotel maps to see where they have smoking sections

Will let you know when I find them

Did notice at hrh one smoking section was by the dog walk garden area

Not sure if that is current or not

My search is trying to find present smoke sections for you

I’m trying to pull up some hotel maps to see where they have smoking sections

Will let you know when I find them

Did notice at hrh one smoking section was by the dog walk garden area

Not sure if that is current or not

My search is trying to find present smoke sections for you

Thanks so much!

My husband is a smoker as well. We stayed at HRH in October. It was very smoker friendly. Just outside any door, by the pool, and there was a great area not far from the elevators.

My husband is a smoker as well. We stayed at HRH in October. It was very smoker friendly. Just outside any door, by the pool, and there was a great area not far from the elevators.

That’s great to hear! Were there plenty of smoking areas in the parks? Disney has become a huge pun for us because it seems like there are only about two places in each park for him to light up.

That’s great to hear! Were there plenty of smoking areas in the parks? Disney has become a huge pun for us because it seems like there are only about two places in each park for him to light up.
That's true at Disney, and even at Universal, there are not as many as there was. Seemed like they were more centrally located at Universal. We kind of just left hubs at the hotel this trip.

From the UO website for smoking in the parks:

In accordance with Florida Amendment 6, all restaurants and bars that serve food are smoke-free areas. Smoking is permitted only in designated areas.

For your convenience, there are currently 7 smoking areas at Universal's Islands of Adventure™, 6 at Universal Studios™, and 3 at Universal's Volcano Bay™. All other areas outside of these are smoke free.

I know that Central Park section at the studios side is a smoking area.
It is large and has benches and ashtrays in many of the area

I will check my maps from last fall and see where designated smoking sections are.
Will check that out tomorrow for you.

I'm finding zilch by googling.
What I do find is outdated from years past.

Maps I had from years past on the hotels are too outdated to say if the listed smoking sections are still the same.

I'm searching for my park maps of October last year to see where else smoking is allowed in the parks.

I'll try to call HRH and ask the front desk where their smoking is allowed.
When I get the info, I'll post it here.

I'm finding zilch by googling.
What I do find is outdated from years past.

Maps I had from years past on the hotels are too outdated to say if the listed smoking sections are still the same.

I'm searching for my park maps of October last year to see where else smoking is allowed in the parks.

I'll try to call HRH and ask the front desk where their smoking is allowed.
When I get the info, I'll post it here.

That’s what I found when using Google. I can totally call HRH. I don’t know why I hadn’t thought of that!

Thanks so much for digging into it for me!

If you call before me, let us know what they say please

I can add that info to our hotel sticky

When I get questions that are not answered in the sticky, I then work on updating that info

At RPR, there is a smoking area just at the very bottom of Tower 3. When you exit the elevators instead of heading straight towards the pool/water taxi doc, you turn left. Not sure where else at RPR but perhaps there is one at the base of towers 1 and 2 as well (never checked as we were in Tower 3 last time).

As for the parks, smoking areas are numerous. Way more than Disney (Magic Kingdom only has 3 in total).

Off the top of my head in IOA, there's one in Marvel land on the right along the water. In Toon lagoon near the bridge between Popeye's and Dudley Doo Right. In Jurassic Park in a tucked away passage near Raptor Encounter and I believe one across from the Discover Center. In Lost Continent on the left just before entering Hogsmeade. Also one along the lake in the Port of Entry area.

In UO, there's one in the square across from the Mummy. One in World Expo to the right of MIB. In San Fransico behind Richter's Burgers (around the corner from the big Jaws hanging there). One just outside of Springfield in the wooded area (near the Delorean from Back to the Future).... Umm there's more. Just can't remember.

There's lots though and your Husband won't be too far from one where ever he is in the parks.

Disney is terrible for smoking. Magic Kingdom has like 2 places in the park completely on the opposite ends. If he vapes its a little easier as most people don't seem to care much as long as its not clouds of vape.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter