>> Smoking at Disney Resorts FAQ <<

Does anyone know where the up to date smoking areas are at POR (specifically near the AB preferred section)?

The ones showing officially on the Disney site now were the same as what was showing on the map when we were last there in 2015. Near the block 18 pool - it wasn't there, there was one near the back of block 16 car park instead which wasn't showing on the map then and isn't now (it was by luck that we found it). And one on the wooden bridge near the wheel outside the foodcourt - this was there at the start of the holiday but disappeared halfway through) but still showing on the map now. Anyone know?

So looking at the map now smoking areas 55 and 65 must have moved somewhere else?

Would be helpful for Disney to keep their maps updated so we can find the designated areas.

Last edited:
Sorry, can't help you macadoo, but I'm looking for the most up-to-date DSA for Epcot - anyone know?
TIA

Sorry, can't help you macadoo, but I'm looking for the most up-to-date DSA for Epcot - anyone know?
TIA

We were there in December and there was the one between Nemo & the land. One same spot opposite side between Ellen and mouse gears. One between Norway and china, and one that's kinda to the side in Italy near the fountain.

TIA

We used area in future world west,France on right overlooking the water and the Italy pavilion on March 11, 2017 Hope this is helpful.

I'm a bit worried now that I see a lot of the DSA, that I recall being in the parks are gone. While I'm happy about a few (they were in terrible spots), I'm worried that now more people won't be bothered to walk to one (since there are so few).

I'm glad everyone here is helping everyone know when a change occurs. I've just had so many asthma attacks at Disney Parks, I'm trying hard to make sure I don't have one this trip.

I really wish I had the job of designing the DSA, trust me I would make sure they are awesome.

Back from our trip and we found: one between Norway and China, across the "creek" from Soarin' ...in addition to the ones mentioned here. DH found plenty; more than we expected, actually. Finding them wasn't an issue.

I'm a bit worried now that I see a lot of the DSA, that I recall being in the parks are gone. While I'm happy about a few (they were in terrible spots), I'm worried that now more people won't be bothered to walk to one (since there are so few).

I'm glad everyone here is helping everyone know when a change occurs. I've just had so many asthma attacks at Disney Parks, I'm trying hard to make sure I don't have one this trip.

I really wish I had the job of designing the DSA, trust me I would make sure they are awesome.
Design isn't TOO big a problem (it'd be nice to have a little more shade and protection from rain, but I'll live). My main complaint is that it's usually a serious bit of work to actually FIND them (Especially in Animal Kingdom for whatever reason)

Design isn't TOO big a problem (it'd be nice to have a little more shade and protection from rain, but I'll live). My main complaint is that it's usually a serious bit of work to actually FIND them (Especially in Animal Kingdom for whatever reason)

Because they keep moving them and/or removing them!

Seriously. I've asked Cast Members who seem confused as to exactly where the smoking areas are, more than once. (And again, particularly at Animal Kingdom)

The only 2 I found last December were at the exit area of the Lion King Show and the area around the Dinosaur attraction. VERY frustrating that they're so far apart...and I always manage to get lost in AK to begin with so it takes me twice the time to figure out which path to take! :faint: :tink:

Heads up re: Wilderness Lodge.

MDE will show 3 DSL's - false, it has not been updated. There are now TWO - the DSL just outside of the Lodge proper, South, between rear entrance and baggage, has been removed. The TWO DSLs are now outside Bolder Creek Villas, and at the Water Tower outside Geyser Point.

WL is engaging in DSL "shrinkage", just as the MK has done. Three sites down to two. Personal observation - we just got back, May 3, 2017.

Also worth noting - WDW is experiencing a SEVERE drought. Now, more than ever, SAFE DSL's are needed. We have never seen WDW this dry, around April. PLEASE be very careful extinguishing cigarettes. In the absence of a legitimate DSL? PLEASE Crush these DEAD in a paved, curbed area.

I hear you.....

HERE are the TWO remaining DSL's at WL - from personal observation, 4-25 through 5-3 2017: REAL DSL's in RED. ELIMINATED DSL in BLUE.View attachment 235613

I like the locations but sure is a "hike" for those on the "MK side" of the Lodge! :rolleyes: I've been expecting the one at the bus stop exit of the Lodge to disappear for years now so not surprised with that all . Will sure miss it though :(; I loved that place; good place to go out at night and in rainy weather. At least the one by the Villas isn't to bad. Would really like to see one on the side of Whispering Canyon...a spot to enjoy "one last one" before boarding the ME for the airport. Could always watch for the ME arrival at the eliminated DSA but certainly not at either of the current ones. :tink:

Since the smoking area in Africa (Animal Kingdom) will be removed today, does anyone know if it is going to be replaced somewhere else? Or is Dinoland really going to be the only DSA in Animal Kingdom?

Since the smoking area in Africa (Animal Kingdom) will be removed today, does anyone know if it is going to be replaced somewhere else? Or is Dinoland really going to be the only DSA in Animal Kingdom?

Yes--the relocation area was opened on or around May 16, 2017 when we were there for the AP preview of Pandora. It is in a location that was previously used--tucked up in the woodsy area (with a COVER) just past the drums/merchandise cart in Africa on the walkway to Asia. If you are approaching from Africa, it will be on the left and up a hill--there are entrances from both ends and did I mention, it is covered!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!