Smoking at the Radisson

cruisnfamily

DIS Veteran
From reading the posts on these boards, I am guessing that the very large majority, if not all of you, are not smokers. There are some of us here who do smoke however so I thought I would post this info.

Just booked the $99 1 bedroom suite with whirlpool, 2 king beds, fold out queen sofa, view of the port. We're in heaven with this deal and then I find out.....No Smoking in the Suites! . If we want to smoke, we have to take one of the $59 "regular" rooms. From everybodies postings here, I believe that the regular rooms are shabby and run down. I don't want one of these rooms!

Of course, we can just not smoke for the night...which is what we will be doing on the boat of course...but it's kind of nice when you're a smoker to be able to smoke in your hotel room.

Anyway, now the quandry, do we keep this room? How bad are the other rooms at this place? What's another nice/comparable place that is equally convenient and well priced?

What do you all think?

Thanks for your opinions! No "quit smoking" lectures please.

I booked one of the regular rooms for $59 am a non smoker. But smoking is NOT an issue with me.. To each his own.

My question is: Please someone who has stayed in the "regular" rooms and not the suites PLEASE tell us how they were.

Are they run down and do they look like a Days Inn.

We've decided to keep the non-smoking room at the Radisson.

We figure we want the room to spread out on the night before the cruise since we will be in smaller quarters for the next 4 days. Also, we like this location and the room is just a great deal for what you get. So, we will go outside to smoke. This is what we do at home anyway, we never smoke in our house.

Now, details please on the italian place next door and the grill down the road. Also, where's a good place for a good breakfast as we will have plenty of time in the morning before boarding.

Thanks all!

Originally posted by Sonya Francisco

Now, details please on the italian place next door and the grill down the road. Also, where's a good place for a good breakfast as we will have plenty of time in the morning before boarding.

Kelsey's Pizza is right next-door to the Radisson. It's a casual, albeit sit-down restaurant with pizza (obviously) and other Italian dishes.

Grill's and Rusty's both overlook the port channel, but they're not <i>really</i> within walking distance. If you have a car, you can ask at the front desk and they'd be happy to give you directions.

Zachary's is the Greek restaurant next-door to the Radisson. They offer every kind of breakfast dish you could ever want.

I knew you'd have the answer.

I'm assuming you have been on numerous DCL cruises thus the website. Are you planning another cruise currently. Also, I notice you are from Georgia...how are you so well informed regarding the space coast? We ALL (everybody on this board) appreciate your well thought out and helpful comments.

Thanks Again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter