Smoking banned in Disney parks

There really is no need for the parks to be complexly smoke free, they just need to really enforce the smoking area's. Making the park smoke free would make it even harder to convince people to not smoke in the area's where they bother people

I am not sure, it might be easier to enforce when it is completely forbidden.

I really hope they ban smoking in Disneyland Paris. One of the biggest downside of that park (which is unfortunately the closest to me).

I wouldn't count on it within the next 5 years.

Considering the smoke policy in France in generel, I find it hard to believe that this will apply to DLP. One can only hope :earboy2:

It’s doesn’t make any since to ban smoking in the parks if they can’t enforce it. At the parks this weekend and saw people vaping. No one around to stop it and cast members don’t want to say anything! Disney needs to put more security inside of the parks instead of at the bag checks.

People still smoking all over DLP this week. The best was a lady smoking while actually leaning on a “no smoking” sign.

They do say that smoking is only allowed in the designated areas, but they really have trouble enforcing it. I have seen CM trying direct people there, but so many guests feel entitled to do whatever they want that it's almost impossible. I've seen people lighting up INSIDE some rides so...

It would be amazing if they banned it in Paris as well as the US parks. People in the French parks are just rude about disobeying the no smoking outside the designated areas rules. I have seen CM's attempting to get them to move to the designated areas but they just ignore them. Both myself and my trip buddy have health issues that means we can't be in smoky areas and we've both literally had people deliberately blow smoke in our faces for coughing beside them! :sad2:

We were there in June and you can tell that the smoking ban has not been applied to DLP. There were numerous smokers who ignored the smoking areas and smoked where they pleased; walk ways, outdoor tables, under any cover because it was raining. IMO some of the smoking sections are poorly located, especially the Frontierland one next to Phantom Manner as we had to walk through a (literal) cloud of smoke every time we needed to use it.

My kids were actually happy when we returned to the states and spent the day at OKW pool because there were no smokers there.

DH and I agreed that we're fine if we never return to Paris (much of France) due to the smoking.

Do people smoke in the hotel rooms at DLP? I can somewhat deal with it outside, but not in my room.

Do people smoke in the hotel rooms at DLP? I can somewhat deal with it outside, but not in my room.
That shouldn't be the case, there are smoke detectors.
Smoking inside in public places is prohibited in France since 2007. Minimum fine is 500 euro.
1 in 3 adults in France smokes, but unless they are in their own home, it will be outside only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter