Smuggler’s Run - Jim Cummings as Hondo

squirk

Saw what you did and knows who you are.
I know that’s Jim Cummings as the voice of Hondo throughout the attraction. And I know that the Hondo we see on the platform above us in the pre-show is a (very good) animatronic.

But re: the videos you see of Hondo a.) right before you enter the Falcon’s cockpit; and b.) in the cockpit itself when he tallies up the damage and gives you your final score - I could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure that’s a flesh-and-blood actor.

Assuming I am right, I am wondering if that is actually Jim Cummings himself in the make-up, or is it someone else just doing some really good lip-syncing.

Can anyone confirm one way or another?

Please and thank you.

I don't think anyone can confirm either way, but I tend to lean towards an actor and Jim Cummings dubbed the voice, that it's his job after all, match the lip flaps of a performance.
Maybe tweet him, he's really good at answering tweets

I don't think anyone can confirm either way, but I tend to lean towards an actor and Jim Cummings dubbed the voice, that it's his job after all, match the lip flaps of a performance.
Maybe tweet him, he's really good at answering tweets

Thx for the suggestion. I just tweeted him.

But Cummings has been Hondo for over a decade. I don't think he dubbed over the actor's dialogue. I think the actor (if it is indeed someone else) lip-synced Cummings' pre-recorded dialogue.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter