Smuggler’s Run solo?

disneylover102

DIS Veteran
I know it might be too early to tell, but will it be too awkward to go on Smuggler’s Run (the Millenium Falcon ride) by myself? When we go to Disneyland, I tend to get there way before the rest of my family, so chances are I’ll be doing RD by myself, our FPs won’t match up, and they’ll be too tired to go on it at park closing. I definitely won’t want to miss this. Any thoughts?

why would it be awkward?? I go to Disneyland solo every year and go on all rides on my own. Many many people go to Disneyland solo and I can guarantee that there will be many people going on the Galaxys Edge rides on their own, and most likely multiple times in a row.

why would it be awkward?? I go to Disneyland solo every year and go on all rides on my own. Many many people go to Disneyland solo and I can guarantee that there will be many people going on the Galaxys Edge rides on their own, and most likely multiple times in a row.
I’ve heard that it’s been recommended to go in a group of 6 since on the ride you will be interacting with the other 5 people in controlling the Millenium Falcon, whereas on other rides you don’t have to interact with anybody, but you just sit and enjoy the ride.

It sounds like you want to do it, so just do it. I'm sure the level of interaction/cooperation is very limited, anyway.

It shouldn't be an issue. Mission: SPACE at Epcot has a 4 person team and it has never been an issue to be grouped in with others. Most people will welcome you, and at worst just basically ignore you. Disneyland is generally more solo friendly than WDW too because of all the pass-holders. I've been the solo added to a group for Star Wars VR thing, and another time I was in a group of 3 and a solo was added in. Everybody had fun.

I'll be going on it solo as well....

Here's my theory: A party of 6 is rare. If it was more common, then the SRL at RSR wouldn't be so useful. Groups of 3 and 4 are significantly more common. So, chances are, it will be pretty common to be in your ride vehicle with people you don't know.

I'll be going on it solo as well....

Here's my theory: A party of 6 is rare. If it was more common, then the SRL at RSR wouldn't be so useful. Groups of 3 and 4 are significantly more common. So, chances are, it will be pretty common to be in your ride vehicle with people you don't know.

And, with seating for 6, there just might be a GREAT Single Riders line like RSR has too! :)

I haven't read up on the ride as much as you have, but I can't imagine the interactions with the other guests are a pivotal part of the ride. If they were, it would pretty much ruin the ride for anyone who doesn't speak English fluently or who has trouble communicating for other reasons. I think they would design the ride to be fun even if everyone else ignores you and no one gets into their roles. If anything, as a solo rider this might add to the re-ride value since you'll get a different vibe from different groups.

I go to the park solo 4 days a year, so I'm hoping the SRL is hoppin'. Wait. Not hoppin'. I want it quiet. Really quiet. Then I can use it more!
Soooo... you’re saying this ride will totally suck solo and everyone shouldn’t waste their time doing it SRL if that’s offered?

Yeah, I think it’s safe to assume that most groups on Smugglers Run are going to be completely mixed. There are very few parties of 6, and Disney is definitely going to want to fill every seat. I don’t think there’s any reason to feel uncomfortable as a single rider.

There’s even an article from a few months back about Disney trying to figure out how to make the experience work for everyone because it’s so interactive and it’s going to involve a lot of strangers having to work together as groups. It sounded like it was proving to be a challenge, but I’m sure they will have it figured out by the time things open.

https://www.slashfilm.com/millennium-falcon-ride/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!