Smuggler's Run and Data Pad Tips

wareagle57

DIS Veteran
Has anyone had the chance to get really in depth with the data pad in the land that can give a good summary of the best way to use it?

I was also wondering if anyone has any good tips on how to get a good score on the Falcon so it doesn't come back detroyed. I've read a few guides but they pretty much all say the same thing and don't really help much.

There are a lot of links to videos for datapad play in the “Interactive” Sticky as well as info by @yulilin3 and @Biceratops:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/s...mosphere-entertainment-interactivity.3728061/
Scoring well on MF is dependent upon the complete team. All 6 Smugglers would have to do well for the team to have a high score. You can’t really coach the other positions during the run.

The other engineer in our group was definitely coaching the two pilots. He seemed like he had been on before and I think the other 5 of us it was their first time. It sort of seemed like they were following his instructions, overall I think we did fairly well.

Has anyone had the chance to get really in depth with the data pad in the land that can give a good summary of the best way to use it?

I was also wondering if anyone has any good tips on how to get a good score on the Falcon so it doesn't come back detroyed. I've read a few guides but they pretty much all say the same thing and don't really help much.

The pilot is the most crucial role and ultimately determines the fate of how many credits your crew gets. If you want to practice piloting the Millennium Falcon, I highly recommend picking up Star Wars Battlefront II. The flight controls are similar and there are game modes where there are space battles.

The pilot is the most crucial role and ultimately determines the fate of how many credits your crew gets. If you want to practice piloting the Millennium Falcon, I highly recommend picking up Star Wars Battlefront II. The flight controls are similar and there are game modes where there are space battles.

Then my apologies if I'm ever a pilot, I flunked out of battlefront II.

Has anyone here already been on SR? Is it the same level of "G force" feeling in your stomach that Mission Space gives you? :crazy2:

Has anyone here already been on SR? Is it the same level of "G force" feeling in your stomach that Mission Space gives you? :crazy2:
there's no G Force whatsoever. It's a simulator with no spinning involved. More info of the attraction is on the attraction thread

If your crew can get two containers of coaxium, then you're stylin'. There's a myth that you can get three containers, but I haven't seen proof online that it's possible.

I was in Batuu for just about an hour and a half on Saturday. I tried using the Datapad a little, but it'll take me some more time to fully figure it out, I think.

There were two main things that threw me off during the little bit of playing I tried to do:

1) I don't know what all the symbols and colors on the assignments mean, and I was worried about taking a mission for the First Order when I wanted to be supporting the rebellion. But there were three different colors - the two I expected were the red and purple, but I didn't know what the yellow meant. Plus, even with the colors, there were different symbols for each task that I didn't know what any of them meant.

2) When I tried to do the mission for Hondo while in line for MFSR, I started it as I got in line and by the time I got through all the instruction pages, I had already passed the first item you're supposed to scan by the time I got that direction. The line doubled back, but I was too far away for it to register. There was an option to sort of give up on that part of the task, but it said I would lose points and I got worried that maybe I was in the wrong task and maybe it wasn't the one you were supposed to do in line. The game had only asked if I was "behind the Millenium Falcon" to confirm my location, so I decided to wait and see if I could do the mission after I was done with the ride. Unfortunately, that was the wrong call, because it was supposed to be done in line and I should have just skipped that first task. Once I was off the ship, there was still no way to scan the crates without getting back in line. So, all of that to say, just make sure you've got the app set up and the mission started before you get in line.

I'm looking forward to going back and spending more time trying to figure out the app (and exploring more of the land, because I didn't even make it to Dok-Ondar's. The immersion was great! The Millenium Falcon ride was a very nice upgrade and combination of Star Tours and Mission Space. My group ended up getting two containers of coaxium and it seemed like a decent score, even with a 7-year-old as one of our pilots and I know both he and the gunner in front of me definitely missed a few tasks (I'm sure I did, too, because you can't really see the engineer's buttons beside you while you're looking out the windows, so it's easy to miss when the buttons light up for you to press them).

I was in Batuu for just about an hour and a half on Saturday. I tried using the Datapad a little, but it'll take me some more time to fully figure it out, I think.

There were two main things that threw me off during the little bit of playing I tried to do:

1) I don't know what all the symbols and colors on the assignments mean, and I was worried about taking a mission for the First Order when I wanted to be supporting the rebellion. But there were three different colors - the two I expected were the red and purple, but I didn't know what the yellow meant. Plus, even with the colors, there were different symbols for each task that I didn't know what any of them meant.

2) When I tried to do the mission for Hondo while in line for MFSR, I started it as I got in line and by the time I got through all the instruction pages, I had already passed the first item you're supposed to scan by the time I got that direction. The line doubled back, but I was too far away for it to register. There was an option to sort of give up on that part of the task, but it said I would lose points and I got worried that maybe I was in the wrong task and maybe it wasn't the one you were supposed to do in line. The game had only asked if I was "behind the Millenium Falcon" to confirm my location, so I decided to wait and see if I could do the mission after I was done with the ride. Unfortunately, that was the wrong call, because it was supposed to be done in line and I should have just skipped that first task. Once I was off the ship, there was still no way to scan the crates without getting back in line. So, all of that to say, just make sure you've got the app set up and the mission started before you get in line.

I'm looking forward to going back and spending more time trying to figure out the app (and exploring more of the land, because I didn't even make it to Dok-Ondar's. The immersion was great! The Millenium Falcon ride was a very nice upgrade and combination of Star Tours and Mission Space. My group ended up getting two containers of coaxium and it seemed like a decent score, even with a 7-year-old as one of our pilots and I know both he and the gunner in front of me definitely missed a few tasks (I'm sure I did, too, because you can't really see the engineer's buttons beside you while you're looking out the windows, so it's easy to miss when the buttons light up for you to press them).
Next time you can go through all the "talking" by just tapping on your phone. The conversation will skip faster and you'll be able to start scanning right away. Also, if the line is short the cm will let you get into the area right under the falcon so you can scan as many crates as you want

I think the part where you find things on the falcon was designed with the fp line in mind- as in, a much slower standby than what we have now. The first time I went through I thought I had passed all the windows and kept hitting I’m already past that point and then realized I wasn’t. The second time I knew where I was supposed to be for each part. I had the first left side question ready to go before I got there, but then I was only there for about thirty seconds. Not enough time for even one question- and there were about six, seven more with no option to tell Hando you passed that point. By the time I made it through all the questions for the left side, I was past all the windows. Even with fp I think it will be too many questions to get through, plus its too slow to load the next text. It’s a fantastic idea but needs a bit of work.

For getting a good score on the MF, you're pretty much at the mercy of your pilots and if your pilots fly as well as R-3X then it is helpful having attentive engineers to button mash to try and mitigate some of the damage and keep things contained. As a note for Engineers, there is nothing wrong with just hitting all the switches and buttons, even if they aren't lit up. You will not be punished for activating buttons/switches that aren't lit. First time rode, myself and the other pilot did pretty well and we got a decent score, next two times was able to ride got stuck with Engineer both times and some pilots that clearly went to the same flight school as the Jungle Cruise guides. Only things that seemed to save us (the credits) was managing to hit all the flashing buttons/switches in a timely manner on the Engineering panel.

For the datapad, the best way to use it is to just wander around SWGE and constantly refresh for nearby things to scan, tune, and translate and have fun with it. There are some pretty funny dialogues you can find from the tunes and hacking the droids and some of the vehicles do elicit reactions from said items. It is fun watching the kids light up when they see or hear the droids suddenly start doing something or a certain trash monster make an appearance by a questionable watering hole. If you are really looking to gamify it and get achievements/rank up you will have to repeat the jobs multiple times for the three factions. It should be noted that the golden Black Spire symbol is for the people of Batuu and you will gain reputation from either the Rebellion or The First Order (whichever faction you align with) when you complete them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter