Smuggler's Run & DAS

I spoke with several plaids and a manager today who all confirmed separately that there will be a new Information Kiosk (green umbrella) outside the Big Thunder Trail entrance to SWGE (across from the old smoking area, under the DLRR bridge). This is where you can request a DAS return time for MFSR before entering SWGE for your reservation window. Information on which line to use for your return time will be given when you request your return time.
Update as of 5/26/19.

This article:
https://www.ocregister.com/2019/05/...rk-after-the-initial-reservation-only-period/ indicates entry to the DLR land after the reservation period will be by boarding passes and you get a push notification when your time comes. Touring plans also indicated the number of guests will be controlled to keep smugglers run line to about 2 hours.

If they did that DAS users wouldn’t need anything different for entry then I’d expect a CM issuing return times and parent swap at the start of the line, then DAS users would stay within Galaxy’s edge for the 2 hours waiting on their return time.

I bet it’s hard to get an early enough boarding pass in that system.

They didn't think this one through very well - the article stated that you could get in up to two hours after your set time, and there was no ending time to get out of the area. Not sure how they plan to keep the queue to 2 hours if they aren't kicking people out of the land even as new ones come in. On top of that, add the plethora of DAS users at DL, and it's going to be a disaster, IMO.

I think, colored wristbands and Stormtrooper sweeps...

That's for the initial period when you have to have advanced reservations. Then there will be a second phase later in the month that will have you get a reserved time to come in that day. This is when they say there is no exit time, so no inappropriate sweep, no wristbands.

Ah, okay. That's the period when officials think people will have had enough and just make their way out on their own! :rotfl2:

At least for now they are doing a good job of controlling the crowds.
There are times where the wait times drop to 20-25 minutes.
Hopefully this keeps up and it makes the wait times comfortable for everyone.
This is the posted wait time from the app
on Saturday 9:23am
5CCEB272-8BE1-492C-B4D1-CAE7BDD001C7.png[ATT

Last edited:
At least for now they are doing a good job of controlling the crowds.
There are times where the wait times drop to 20-25 minutes.
Hopefully this keeps up and it makes the wait times comfortable for everyone.
This is the posted wait time from the app
on Saturday 12:23pm
View attachment 405121[ATT
I was watching it yesterday day saw it go up to 90 minutes and that was the longest most of the times I look it is under 30 minutes

I have heard they are doing DAS return times for people that have DAS in the land

I was watching it yesterday day saw it go up to 90 minutes and that was the longest most of the times I look it is under 30 minutes

I have heard they are doing DAS return times for people that have DAS in the land

From what I’ve read on other post the lines get long when two reservation groups are there at the same time and you get the overlap. But when the first group leaves it quiets down.
Nice so people can enjoy the land without having to spend all their time in line

Last edited:
From what I’ve read on other post the lines get long when two reservation groups are there at the same time. But when the first group leaves it quiets down.
Nice so people can enjoy the land without having to spend all their time in line
That make since that it is between the two reservoirs times the line is long

They are doing DAS. There is a kiosk inside the land. That is the only kiosk you can use to get a return time for SR. It works the same as every other ride...return time is based on current standby time. My friend and her son used the DAS yesterday. They were limited to one ride using DAS and were told they could ride again, but only as Single Riders, which they did. So, they rode twice. They had the 2-6pm window.

They are doing DAS. There is a kiosk inside the land. That is the only kiosk you can use to get a return time for SR. It works the same as every other ride...return time is based on current standby time. My friend and her son used the DAS yesterday. They were limited to one ride using DAS and were told they could ride again, but only as Single Riders, which they did. So, they rode twice. They had the 2-6pm window.

Yep they’re doing DAS, but be aware there is not a guest relations inside the land if you need to get one or add anyone to your pass. You have to exit the land to do that.

Inside, near the main entrance to Black Spire outpost.
Sounds like they changed the game again since the last time I spoke with a manager (which was on 5/26). Which entrance is the "main" entrance -- Critter Country, Big Thunder/Frontierland, or FL?

Big Thunder is the main entrance, as far as I know.
Then it sounds like they decided to move the kiosk from just outside the entrance to inside the land itself, which makes better sense if they want to use different entrances for different reservation windows. Glad to see that they are making adjustments to policy to meet guests' needs, not making guests adjust to policy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!