Smuggler's Run & DAS

Will be there Friday with a wheelchair for my Mom. Can let everyone know hows it goes late Friday or Saturday! Had hoped we would be able to hit Single Rider, but does not sound like it from reports I have seen.

It is being reported in the DLR trip planning forum that the standby line for MFSR can allow wheelchairs and ECVs all the way through the line. SR has stairs, so no wheelchairs or ECVs there. There are 2 ADA pods.

Wait - I'm trying to unpack this a bit! :) (I'm officially an antique now, you have to be patient LOL)

So MFSR sounds like it is totally accessible for mobility devices. Is MFSR the same as SR which I presume is Smugglers Run?

SR (Smugglers Run) has stairs, so, as you said, no wheelchairs or ECV in that line. BOO!

There are 2 ADA pods... for Smugglers Run? If SR has stairs, are the ADA pods on the ground floor somewhere?

LOL I just need a *wee* bit of clarity :) Thanks! :)

Wait - I'm trying to unpack this a bit! :) (I'm officially an antique now, you have to be patient LOL)

So MFSR sounds like it is totally accessible for mobility devices. Is MFSR the same as SR which I presume is Smugglers Run?

SR (Smugglers Run) has stairs, so, as you said, no wheelchairs or ECV in that line. BOO!

There are 2 ADA pods... for Smugglers Run? If SR has stairs, are the ADA pods on the ground floor somewhere?

LOL I just need a *wee* bit of clarity :) Thanks! :)

MFSR is Smuggler's Run. MF = Millennium Falcon

SR is (I assume based on context) Single Rider

So, the ride is accessible (with two accessible pods) but you have to use either the main line or the fast pass line (when/if they have it), you cannot use the single rider line.

MFSR is Smuggler's Run. MF = Millennium Falcon

SR is (I assume based on context) Single Rider

So, the ride is accessible (with two accessible pods) but you have to use either the main line or the fast pass line (when/if they have it), you cannot use the single rider line.

Yay! Thank you for the clarification!

Update (6/08/19): The new Information Kiosk is tucked away just inside the FantasyLand entrance to SWGE. The CMs are wearing plaid so they are super easy to spot. As suspected, the DAS return entrance for MFSR is the currently unused FP entrance (which is also being used for Rider Switch).
ETA: From a post tonight (regarding the Kiosk location) in the SWGE Superthread in the Disneyland (California) forum: it’s on the SW side of the big thunder trail tunnel (near Droid Depot).

So these are two different posts on the same day describing two different locations for the Information Kiosk. These posters visited SWGE on different days, so it is possible that the Kiosk moves between the Frontierland/Big Thunder and Fantasyland entrances. Either way, we do know that the Kiosk is NOT located by the Critter Country entrance.

ETA: (6/11/19) Someone posted today that the Kiosk is portable, so if you do not see it when you enter the land, ask CMs where to find it.

Last edited:
Will be there Friday with a wheelchair for my Mom. Can let everyone know hows it goes late Friday or Saturday! Had hoped we would be able to hit Single Rider, but does not sound like it from reports I have seen.
Were you able to use DAS? Or were the stand by lines short during your reservation window?

For those that have rode Smuggler's Run, how rough does it feel if you have bad pilots?

My sister is trying to figure out if she will try this on our trip to DLR in August. She has been very leery on simulators since Back to the Future at USO and that was 20 years ago.

For those that have rode Smuggler's Run, how rough does it feel if you have bad pilots? ...
Reports from the SWGE Superthread (Official Superthread: SWGE Opening May 31st) vary. Reviews that said the ride was very, very jerky had young kids in the pilot seats. (Parents: please be aware of the other guests in your pod if you let little ones pilot the ship!) When more skilled guests were in the pilot seats, the ride was no more bumpy than Star Tours. Someone rode with a group that was very experienced at piloting the ride (they had been testers) and said the ride was pretty smooth. But reviews are consistent that bad pilots do affect your ride.

But reviews are consistent that bad pilots do affect your ride.

Thank you, that was kind of what I was thinking. I think we will just have to wait until we get there and decide then if she will ride or not. I had read some of the SWGE thread, but had not kept up with it.

For those that have rode Smuggler's Run, how rough does it feel if you have bad pilots?

My sister is trying to figure out if she will try this on our trip to DLR in August. She has been very leery on simulators since Back to the Future at USO and that was 20 years ago.
Okay, rode twice with different pilots each time. Question: how does your sister do on Star Tours, especially on the bumpier sequences? I was an engineer both times, right side, then left side. (I think that is the easiest position to be in.) First ride, I had good pilots -- ride was moderately bumpy, in a fun way. There is a handle in the seat back in front of you -- it was easy to hold on to that with one hand while pushing the buttons with my other hand. I didn't feel too bounced around and my feet (I'm short, so my feet were not firmly planted on the floor, but just my toes and the balls of my feet) could keep me balanced. Second ride, pilots were not as good, but not horrible -- more bumpy and bouncing around, but by keeping a firm grip on the handle in front of me, I didn't feel too bruised or banged up. If I had used both hands on the bar in front of me and ignored the control buttons, I would have had a steadier ride. The seat belt didn't really do too much for me -- I felt that it was my hand on the bar and my feet that kept me steady through the ride. With good pilots, this ride can be smoother than Star Tours. I think the bumpiest sequences on Star Tours were rougher than MFSR. (But I haven't ridden yet with awful pilots!) Hope this helps your sister.

Hope this helps your sister.

Thank you so much, this does help tremendously. She has not done Star Tours as the last time she was at DHS and it was open, she was not feeling up to trying something new. Right now, she seems very excited to try new things while we are at DLR.

From your description, I think she might be able to handle this and I will give her the details. We will be at the D23 Expo before we do the parks. I figure she will probably talk to people about the attraction while there. I am just going to have to wait until we are there for her to make a definite answer.

Thank you so much, this does help tremendously. She has not done Star Tours as the last time she was at DHS and it was open, she was not feeling up to trying something new. Right now, she seems very excited to try new things while we are at DLR.

From your description, I think she might be able to handle this and I will give her the details. We will be at the D23 Expo before we do the parks. I figure she will probably talk to people about the attraction while there. I am just going to have to wait until we are there for her to make a definite answer.
There are now full ride-through videos of MFSR on YouTube. You and your sister might want to watch a few to compare the bumpiness of the flight and to see what she thinks of the ride.

There are now full ride-through videos of MFSR on YouTube. You and your sister might want to watch a few to compare the bumpiness of the flight and to see what she thinks of the ride.

We added them to our watch list as soon as they started coming available. We have been watching many videos in preparation for this trip. I am hopeful it goes well and is not too overwhelming for her. We are doing many firsts on this trip.

We added them to our watch list as soon as they started coming available. We have been watching many videos in preparation for this trip. I am hopeful it goes well and is not too overwhelming for her. We are doing many firsts on this trip.
Feel free to ask any questions on the Disneyland (California) forum, especially in the superthread there for SWGE. Hope you both have a great trip!

I wanted to post our experience with MFSR ride during the reservation period, but I think it applies in general. We did NOT end up getting a DAS return time. We got in line at a 30 min posted wait time (this is within my son's ability to tolerate). It ended up being an accurate wait time. The queue is actually very visually interesting and it is largely a single file queue, without switchbacks (we skipped that portion that had switchbacks outside, as the line wasnt long enough). The worst part was it was LOUD. My son needed his earmuffs for most of the line, as there is radio "chatter" at a loud volume and every once in awhile, loud mechanical noises and hissing from compressed gas being released. I like that this line doesn't feel claustrophobic, though, which is a sensory issue for my son (he can't handle being surrounded on all sides by people, like what happens in some queue holding rooms). They do not overload the holding room with the Hondo preshow, nor the MF chess room. It is very relaxed and enjoyable. My son liked being in the MF. Not sure where the DAS entrance sends you, but there is a chance that it skips the preshow, which would be a shame.

My takeaway is, try and do the line at least once IF you think you/your child can handle it, because it is pretty neat. The line moves constantly and efficiently so you keep moving for the most part, since there is no FP yet. It didn't bother my son at all, but I will use the DAS in the future if the waits are exorbitant and he really wants to ride.

... My takeaway is, try and do the line at least once IF you think you/your child can handle it, because it is pretty neat. The line moves constantly and efficiently so you keep moving for the most part, since there is no FP yet. It didn't bother my son at all, but I will use the DAS in the future if the waits are exorbitant and he really wants to ride.
I agree that the line is well done and has lots of interesting things to see. We had fun looking at all the details. (If walking on inclines of any degree is a problem, be aware that there is one room that has several longish ramps that are slightly steep.) As long as the standby line is around 30 minutes or less, we'll do it and save DAS for another time. There are too many details that we still haven't taken in!

I wanted to post our experience with MFSR ride during the reservation period, but I think it applies in general. We did NOT end up getting a DAS return time. We got in line at a 30 min posted wait time (this is within my son's ability to tolerate). It ended up being an accurate wait time. The queue is actually very visually interesting and it is largely a single file queue, without switchbacks (we skipped that portion that had switchbacks outside, as the line wasnt long enough). The worst part was it was LOUD. My son needed his earmuffs for most of the line, as there is radio "chatter" at a loud volume and every once in awhile, loud mechanical noises and hissing from compressed gas being released. I like that this line doesn't feel claustrophobic, though, which is a sensory issue for my son (he can't handle being surrounded on all sides by people, like what happens in some queue holding rooms). They do not overload the holding room with the Hondo preshow, nor the MF chess room. It is very relaxed and enjoyable. My son liked being in the MF. Not sure where the DAS entrance sends you, but there is a chance that it skips the preshow, which would be a shame.

My takeaway is, try and do the line at least once IF you think you/your child can handle it, because it is pretty neat. The line moves constantly and efficiently so you keep moving for the most part, since there is no FP yet. It didn't bother my son at all, but I will use the DAS in the future if the waits are exorbitant and he really wants to ride.
Good to know the noise levels. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!