Snake removed from entrance of Magic Kingdom...

There is so much wildlife all over, looking at you from the bushes .... if you knew how much and what variety, you would never go back.
So true! We went on a little trail at st Andrews state park in panama city, Florida. There was a snake lounging just off the trail and a small child was poking it! We looked it up in a florida book at the book store and with our amateur snake identification skills decided it could have been a poisonous snake. And that kid was just poking it!

I hate snakes but THEY ARE EVERYWHERE IN FLORIDA including Disney World.

One time we FP+ into Beauty & the Beast at DHS. We were on about the 6th row and they had not let SB in yet. All of a sudden someone says "SNAKE" and there it was a few rows back cruising around. They held up the rest of the guests until someone could come scoop it up.

We were standing by the lagoon at Universal waiting for evening show and a snake came out of the bushes across my foot and then made it's way along the walkway. Folks were screaming standing on benches. Folks came to try and get it but it slipped back into bushes.

There is so much wildlife all over, looking at you from the bushes .... if you knew how much and what variety, you would never go back.
Definitely this. My family who lives down there likes to tell me about how they would casually watch the alligators come out of the lake and scurry around their backyard. I have not seen any alligators surprisingly but I’ve seen a bunch of everything else. I mentioned on the first page the snake I saw at Legoland, then there was the snake that greeted us outside my dad’s apartment that looked like it was wearing a bow tie, while staying in Disney’s Hotels I’ve seen a lot of salamanders, and my personal favorite: a wild brush fire off I-4 on the greens. Me and my dad panicked and called 911 and we were told “yeah you’re like the fifth person who’s called about that...”

I feel like I’ve become desensitized to seeing wildlife in the tourist areas that seeing the headline just made me groan

OK, I am SO not a snake fan, but I feel just a little bit bad for that guy. He's clearly uncomfortable, can't seem to crawl. I suppose that pavement was scratchy and HOT on his belly. Good heavens, I think I just lost my mind, I"m defending a snake. NOW GET IT OUT OF THERE- I'm going to Disney in August and all the snakes better be gone, LOL!!!

Meh.

I grew up wandering the woods; black snakes used to hang from the trees.

Only snakes I'm wary of are venomous ones. Otherwise, Thanks for eating the rodents!

About 25 years ago I ran into a snake on Tom Sawyer's island. Funny part is it was not moving and at first I thought it was a prop. I was shocked how real it looked and when I reached down to touch it it slithered away.

I live in Florida, so snakes are not a big deal but I am LOVING the comments on here. I needed a laugh this morning so thanks!

I hate snakes but THEY ARE EVERYWHERE IN FLORIDA including Disney World.

One time we FP+ into Beauty & the Beast at DHS. We were on about the 6th row and they had not let SB in yet. All of a sudden someone says "SNAKE" and there it was a few rows back cruising around. They held up the rest of the guests until someone could come scoop it up.

We were standing by the lagoon at Universal waiting for evening show and a snake came out of the bushes across my foot and then made it's way along the walkway. Folks were screaming standing on benches. Folks came to try and get it but it slipped back into bushes.

I have certainly upped my bravery. In my FL garden I have had 3 different kinds of snakes cross my path, kept the hawk eye on one living next door in a hole and ................ learned how to run backwards while pulling an oblivious big dog - when spotting this sunning themselves on the sidewalk ...................

View attachment 310652
And this why I would never live in Florida. I love my snow. I love my snow. I love my snow. I can't even stay at a moderate - higher probability of an encounter. Yup - that's why I haven't stayed at Coronado Springs even though I want to try it. And I thought I was safe at BWI until someone made a comment further back about spotting one close to there. Maybe this will be my last trip to Florida.

Wednesday there was one on the walkway from Saratoga Springs to Disney and then my husband saw one that night on the same path.

And once there was one on the path of BTRR after you passed the entrance gate.

Florida is full of snakes...surprised they are out more.

Not a big fan of snakes, but that's clearly your garden, well my garden, variety snake. We see them all the time. The only time we really got freaked out was when the rattle snake tried to get into our garage. DS and I were heading out to the car. I opened the garage door and walked toward the car. Suddenly, we both saw a snake on the driveway, but I figured it was the typical rat snake. DH points out the rattle on the tail. Someone quickly closed the garage door. I wish that door had closed faster. The thought of a poisonous snake loose in our garage hiding under cars pretty much made me want to use public transportation from then on. The door closed halfway on the snake. It didn't kill him. DH hacked off the back half of his body which was outside the garage. Darn head was still alive and madder than spit. Poor DH then had to get his head off, because they can live for days like that:sad2: We had to bury the head in the yard, because they can still bite once beheaded and are poisonous. Supposedly, when the rear gets hacked off, the poison flows to the head. That was an exciting afternoon. Next time I will just close the garage door immediately out of an abundance of caution. He moved slow enough that we could have got it closed before he got in, if we had been on the ball. I'm not sure which is scarier, the rattlesnake or the scorpion that almost stung me when I was digging through my son's clothes hamper. Gotta love Texas.

One time when we were at the contemporary, I think it was 2008, there was one in with the plush toys in the store. A guy got bit trying to remove it and I don't think the cast member found it. It was when they were building BLT.

In 2002 I was walking from the North Garden Wing at the Contemporary to the pool when two CMs were crouched around a bush. It was night time, so I didn't get a look at what had to have been a snake. It must have been large, because the two of them were having a hard time getting it.

Not a big fan of snakes, but that's clearly your garden, well my garden, variety snake. We see them all the time. The only time we really got freaked out was when the rattle snake tried to get into our garage. DS and I were heading out to the car. I opened the garage door and walked toward the car. Suddenly, we both saw a snake on the driveway, but I figured it was the typical rat snake. DH points out the rattle on the tail. Someone quickly closed the garage door. I wish that door had closed faster. The thought of a poisonous snake loose in our garage hiding under cars pretty much made me want to use public transportation from then on. The door closed halfway on the snake. It didn't kill him. DH hacked off the back half of his body which was outside the garage. Darn head was still alive and madder than spit. Poor DH then had to get his head off, because they can live for days like that:sad2: We had to bury the head in the yard, because they can still bite once beheaded and are poisonous. Supposedly, when the rear gets hacked off, the poison flows to the head. That was an exciting afternoon. Next time I will just close the garage door immediately out of an abundance of caution. He moved slow enough that we could have got it closed before he got in, if we had been on the ball. I'm not sure which is scarier, the rattlesnake or the scorpion that almost stung me when I was digging through my son's clothes hamper. Gotta love Texas.
:faint: Definitely time to burn the house down.

I nearly ran over a snake while I was riding a bike from Wilderness Lodge to Fort Wilderness. I thought it was a twisted leaf or branch, and when I got closer I couldn't stop in time. Thankfully it got out of the way at the last minute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!