Snake removed from entrance of Magic Kingdom...

Not a big fan of snakes, but that's clearly your garden, well my garden, variety snake. We see them all the time. The only time we really got freaked out was when the rattle snake tried to get into our garage. DS and I were heading out to the car. I opened the garage door and walked toward the car. Suddenly, we both saw a snake on the driveway, but I figured it was the typical rat snake. DH points out the rattle on the tail. Someone quickly closed the garage door. I wish that door had closed faster. The thought of a poisonous snake loose in our garage hiding under cars pretty much made me want to use public transportation from then on. The door closed halfway on the snake. It didn't kill him. DH hacked off the back half of his body which was outside the garage. Darn head was still alive and madder than spit. Poor DH then had to get his head off, because they can live for days like that:sad2: We had to bury the head in the yard, because they can still bite once beheaded and are poisonous. Supposedly, when the rear gets hacked off, the poison flows to the head. That was an exciting afternoon. Next time I will just close the garage door immediately out of an abundance of caution. He moved slow enough that we could have got it closed before he got in, if we had been on the ball. I'm not sure which is scarier, the rattlesnake or the scorpion that almost stung me when I was digging through my son's clothes hamper. Gotta love Texas.
I'd be mad if you cut me in half too. ;)

Seriously, we have snakes and scorpions for sure. Plus bobcats and coyotes and so on. Luckily the gators live more to the south.

I have seen a few snakes and gators both at WDW, FL is a haven for them. No biggie! My favorite story to share is one time my DD and I had driven over to BW to go to ESPN and as we were leaving the parking lot, I saw a good size king snake crawling along in front of my van. There was a lady walking and talking on her phone, paying no mind to where her footing was. I kept hollering at her trying to get her attn. but she paid me no mind either(most ladies don't :D)but the snake got her attn.!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter