snorkeling on CC availability?

GAKoch

Mouseketeer
I just received my info on shore excursions in the mail - it must be getting closer!!:) Do you really have to book snorkel rental on CC ahead of time or can you do that when you get there?

Georgianne

I asked the same thing yesterday, and someone who cruised in October was nice enough to respond and say that it was no problem to walk up and rent them after they got off the ship.

I can't imagine that they would run out of snorkle gear or floats. They always want whatever money is in my pocket! Ha!

It seemed to me that they had plenty of gear to rent on the island, and I've spoken to people on the ship that said they were able to rent without reserving. However, I would recommend purchasing your own equipment, if you plan on ever snorkeling again. For the price of the Castaway Cay rental, you can get some decent stuff at a local sporting goods store. This way, you have it if you want to snorkel at any of the other ports of call, or if you find yourself wanting to snorkel on another trip.

I would have to agree w/S. Ferrari........we bought an inexpensive set at Costco...about $25. And I know this sounds wierd, but our set was much more comfortable that what CC has available. Our flippers have a cushion on the strap so it doesn't cut in on your heel, and the seals around the mask and on the snorkel are soft and pliable. Plus, I know they only mouth ever on my snorkel has been my own!:p DD loves hers and takes it to the pool all summer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter