snorkeling questions

jdm

DIS Veteran
I've never been snorkeling before and either has my daughter (9). We are doing Discovery Cove next month. I was just wondering if any of the experts have any info or tips they can give me on this subject for myself or that I can pass on DD to make it easier.
Jenn

I had never went either, and well, I'm a water chicken:D (I can swim but not crazy about water over my head.!)

My DH had gone before, and really, its pretty easy, you sort of float on the top of the water, or you can kick down to to floor of the water area (thats a little tricky)

the depth does get deeper, especially in the coral reef (It was over my head), but really the vest keeps you afloat well. (you wont sink or anything)

It really was pretty simple, put face in, and breath with the mouth piece.

Its so pretty, and relaxing, and really really gorgeous, you kind of forget about the depth/tempature of the water.

When we went in 2000, they actually conducted a snorkeling class for anyone interested. It was very helpful, especially for my DD's, who were 9 & 11 at the time.

They had an absolute blast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter