Snow White and Indiana Jones Refurbishments

disneylover102

DIS Veteran
If this has been discussed elsewhere recently, feel free to direct me there, but does anyone know if the Snow White and Indiana Jones refurbs are being worked on during COVID-19?

I don't think either of those have any sort of refurb going right now. There were lots of rumours about Indy but I know for certain that Indy was not before covid hit. I honestly can't remember if Snow White was, Its been such along time :(. I don't think they have really worked on any of the current refurbs like HM and the King Arthur's Carrousel and only minimal work on Avengers campus and I don't think they started any new projects.
Would have been a great time to do things like that but I can understand why Disney has not.

I don't think either of those have any sort of refurb going right now. There were lots of rumours about Indy but I know for certain that Indy was not before covid hit. I honestly can't remember if Snow White was, Its been such along time :(. I don't think they have really worked on any of the current refurbs like HM and the King Arthur's Carrousel and only minimal work on Avengers campus and I don't think they started any new projects.
Would have been a great time to do things like that but I can understand why Disney has not.
Snow White was already down for refurb, I don't think Indy had gone down yet (plan was likely to go down once HM was back online). They have been working on Avengers and MMRR.

I was there for Indy's opening. A three hour wait. Can't believe it's been 25 years.

Remember the AT&T cards?

indicard.jpg

I was 11 and I remember the queue being so immersive that you could probably point to Indiana Jones as the inflection point in Disney making an even more concerted effort in creating these spaces outside of the rides themselves.

I mean they were already doing a good job (queue for Jungle Cruise, Tiki Room, etc...) but this was next level.

I only ever FP the ride so my time in queue is so short now. I hope they replace that bamboo stick that looks like a piece of rubber now with all the bending!

Oh yes- I remember using the decoder cards after it opened- I was in high school and a DL local at the time. You certainly had plenty of time in line to use them to read everything :rotfl2: (though once you get the idea of how the glyphs are pretty similar to the letters they represent you don't need the card any more) Amuses my kids now when I can still "read" some of the stuff.

ETA: general consensus I've seen is that they are probably still working the Snow White refurb that was already underway but its difficult to tell since work is mostly internal. But I think some of the aerial photos have noted trucks and workers in the area as well as some changes to the scaffolding on the exterior...

I was 11 and I remember the queue being so immersive that you could probably point to Indiana Jones as the inflection point in Disney making an even more concerted effort in creating these spaces outside of the rides themselves.

I mean they were already doing a good job (queue for Jungle Cruise, Tiki Room, etc...) but this was next level.

I only ever FP the ride so my time in queue is so short now. I hope they replace that bamboo stick that looks like a piece of rubber now with all the bending!
That’s always been that way. (Try pulling hard on it)

My husband's father took the family to Disneyland in 1955. Husband and I took our family for the 50th anniversary.
As to refurbishments, in my opinion everything in DLR should be in tiptop shape when it reopens. They have had months to get it in order.

As to refurbishments, in my opinion everything in DLR should be in tiptop shape when it reopens. They have had months to get it in order.
While the park has been closed for months there has been a reason...
The risk of exposure to Covid-19 to the workers.
Plus the loss of revenue might put a damper on the budget for refurbishments.

In time we will see what the parks are like once they do re-open.

Refurbishments are a way of life when booking a trip to DLR.

I hope Disney has been able to have workers in during the closure to address projects....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter