Snow White and Indiana Jones Refurbishments

Construction at the Disneyland Hotel has been able to continue, and I’m fact a rep told me they had doubled down on it and that’s why it was completely closed until October (that was assuming they were able to open at some point before then of course, the other two hotels you could book rooms at but DLH was completely blocked out.)

I believe work has also continued on Avengers Campus....

Now budget if a completely different thing. I’m sure Disney will reconsider optional project, scale back some, and completely delay others. That’s an unknown for sure. I feel like Indie required structural work though for seismic code related issues, so it’s possible that continued, but maybe just the required part and less guest experience parts?

While the park has been closed for months there has been a reason...
The risk of exposure to Covid-19 to the workers.
Plus the loss of revenue might put a damper on the budget for refurbishments.

In time we will see what the parks are like once they do re-open.

Refurbishments are a way of life when booking a trip to DLR.

I hope Disney has been able to have workers in during the closure to address projects....
I know that construction has continued on MMRR and Avengers campus. There was also recent pictures on scaffolding on Main Street. I believe projects already underway have continued, its planned stuff that hasn’t started yet that’s likely been delayed.

And I think this is why it's taking longer for Disneyland to re-open, the demand for the very theme park that Walt himself help build and then had been in, is higher than the other Disneyland theme parks put together. I won't be surprised if one of the main trials for them to re-open DL is because they needed to repair, update, fresh coat of paint, etc. in DL.

So, hopefully, when DL re-opens, it looks like it would be the very first time it opened, but of course, some areas will continue to be under construction.

So, hopefully, when DL re-opens, it looks like it would be the very first time it opened, but of course, some areas will continue to be under construction.

Most of DLR being under construction would be very much like it was on opening day. :D Whenever I see those "Look away green" scrims I always think of the recordings and stories from the opening day of DL. The Chaos, the people climbing over fences... Frank Sinatra swearing in the background...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!