Snow White's Scary Adventure Closure

WEDWDW

DIS Veteran
Has a date been announced for the final day of this attraction?

I guess a better question is will anybody notice when it does close?(just kidding,it is always sad to se an attraction close):)

If they close this, I will be so sad. It is such a cute ride and I have fond memories of riding on this on my first trip when I was 5. I still have hope though. Its not official yet.

Screamscape says it could close as early as next month, hopefully the rumors are wrong and it stays open. As much as I would like a new coaster, I hate that they are going to be taking away a family ride that everyone can ride and get a coaster that some people won't or can't ride.

I rode it last month after not riding it for a long time and it felt really dated. It's time for something else.

There has been no announcement from Walt Disney World that this ride is closing to begin with. This is only a rumor, as is the rumor of a dwarf mine ride. The only things we can say for sure is that there will be a new Ariel ride, two Beauty and the Beast themed dining areas, and the double Dumbo. All other changes are still up in the air.

However, if Disney did decide to close this ride, I would think it is unwise to close a perfectly good ride while the Fantasyland Expansion is continuing. If they do close it, they should do so after they have opened the new areas.

I am bummed that SWSA is closing (according to rumors). I can believe that they would close it. The ride is known for being scary for kids, even for adults and attracts (quite possibly) the least number of riders out of any MK rides.

It's about time they closed this very stupid (and not even a little scary) ride.

We need less rides that are aimed at easily-scared 4 year olds and more that a whole family can enjoy.

However, if Disney did decide to close this ride, I would think it is unwise to close a perfectly good ride while the Fantasyland Expansion is continuing. If they do close it, they should do so after they have opened the new areas.

I absolutely agree with this! :thumbsup2

And as much as I will enjoy a roller coaster type ride, I too think it's a mistake to take out something the LITTLE kids can enjoy and replace it with some sort of coaster.

Maybe they should have just left the ride as it was and renamed it the Snow Prince's Scary Adventure! :rotfl2:

I have not heard anything about this. I kind of doubt they would do it anytime soon without officially announcing it, like they did with Mickeys Toontown.

I remember when it was much scarier years ago the first time I was there. Now it is more of a Snow White's Kind of Scary Adventure.

It's about time they closed this very stupid (and not even a little scary) ride.

We need less rides that are aimed at easily-scared 4 year olds and more that a whole family can enjoy.

What adult calls a ride stupid because they don't care for it? First you say that it is not even a little scarry and then you add that it too easily scares 4 year olds? What exactly are you trying to say?:confused3

It is a classic ride. They may need to update it. I think the Jungle cruise is one they need to change. That is REALLY dated and with the Animal Kingdom doesn't seem to necessary.

I am crossing my fingers that this ride will still be open when we go. Our family has been riding SNSA since my boys were 4, 2, and 2. If your child has ever watched the entire Snow White movie, then this ride isn't scary at all. Snow White the movie has scenes just as scary. I think it is a wonderful ride and we have many fond memories.

I think Snow White needs updated (animatronic?) and I love the Jungle Cruise but wish Disney would update it too. If Disney needs to dump a ride - dump Stitch or the Indy Cars. My daughter loves the Indy Cars but I have had "near brawl" experiences with TGLC's (tour group line cutters) - sooo - my daughter and DW do this ride...

Aw- I really hope they don't close it! This has been one of my favorites rides since I was little :) Also, it really is the perfect family ride for everyone, so to close it would be sad. Hopefully, someone will clear up all these rumors soon.

It would be unfortunate if it does close. Someone said that it was dated... I think that is the nature of this type of dark ride. I believe that is what makes it classic.

I think that some see it as the first step to changing Fantasyland. First Snow White goes and then they push out to Peter Pan, Small World, etc. Okay that may be a little pushing it to replace Peter Pan but is it really? I don't want to list the attractions that were classic and removed for better technology because I am trying to move on :) But you get where I am coming from.

They don't need to add new technology- just maybe get new figures or repaint or do something. But- no- they are classics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!