Snow White's Scary Adventure Closure

I agree that SWSA is a bit dated. I'd like to see a refurb with new technology. And I'd like them to SLOW the ride down. I ride it every time I'm at MK and it just whizzes through with no time to appreciate all the little details. I'd understand if it was a popular ride and they needed to get the queue moving but that is never the case!

I love the idea of a mine train ride (with an intensity in between Barnstormer and BTMRR). Going through the "diamond mine" was always my favorite part. Imagine what they could do now!

I am so glad I'll get to ride it next week, just in case SWSA is DED.

DD, now 8, has claimed the Snow White ride to be her favorite since she was 3! I have no idea why she likes it so much. She isn't a big Snow White fan but she LOVES this ride. I hope the rumors are false and it's still open when we go in the spring.

I understand this view, but then why does Dumbo have such long lines? Why is Stitch's ride (which has way better technology, etc.) usually empty/low volume? Heck, why bother having a castle based on old movies when you can change it for each new princess that comes out?

Seems like you can have both - add the new, but keep and appreciate the classics for what they are and share that with your kids (as some people at least like to do)

there you go. if you want to talk about a ride that literally NEVER has a line, then you need to talk about the Stitch ride. i have been there during more crowded times and never see that line longer than five minutes. however, i have seen the Snow White line longer than that, quite often.

DD rode it at age three and hasn't been on it since. she and DS finally decided they were going to ride it on our last trip, the last night. but, the line was too long for us to be able to do it. so, they've promised on our next trip. i truly hope it's still around for them.

i remember riding it as a child. my sister was terrified when the Evil Queen would peek out of the curtains (while you stood in line). i always loved it!

there you go. if you want to talk about a ride that literally NEVER has a line, then you need to talk about the Stitch ride. i have been there during more crowded times and never see that line longer than five minutes. however, i have seen the Snow White line longer than that, quite often.

DD rode it at age three and hasn't been on it since. she and DS finally decided they were going to ride it on our last trip, the last night. but, the line was too long for us to be able to do it. so, they've promised on our next trip. i truly hope it's still around for them.

i remember riding it as a child. my sister was terrified when the Evil Queen would peek out of the curtains (while you stood in line). i always loved it!

Dumbo is slow because it is a slow loading, slow unloading, very low capacity ride.

Stitch is fast because it's a bad ride.

That witch still peeks out above the facade of the ride at DL. It's very cool.

Well, they just put an announcement up on the Disney Park blog...http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/01/update-on-new-fantasyland-at-magic-kingdom-park/

We are indeed loosing Snow White's Scary Adventure
Our other Disney princesses will also be getting a new home (actually, they prefer to call it a castle) in the all new Princess Fairytale Hall. Aurora, Cinderella and other Disney princesses, such as Tiana and Rapunzel, will greet you in an elegant royal court at the location where Snow White’s Scary Adventures is today.

I'm also sad to loose it - I've always enjoyed it and me & my DH have found memories of it. I hope we can ride it one more time before shut-down

Has a date been announced for the final day of this attraction?

I guess a better question is will anybody notice when it does close?(just kidding,it is always sad to se an attraction close):)

I know of one little girl who will be heart broken..
IMG_4214.jpg

I am sad too. I hope that it is open during our May trip. I want to ride it again before it's gone!

At least with the scale of the mine coaster it looks like Snow White might be getting a better attraction (no offense intended for anyone who loves the current attraction). Just have to make sure to ride the ride this trip in March because I doubt it will be open next year or definitely by 2013. I do think they will hold off on closing and taking down this ride until some of the other expansion areas have opened up. (preferrably, the new Mine Ride so we can keep a Snow White attraction going for all her fans)

has anyone seen the Princess line long enough to warrant a Fairytale Hall? i sure haven't. their line just gets shorter and shorter every time i go. on our last June trip, i never saw it longer than 15 minutes.

the consensus on FB seems to be the same--people are not happy they are taking away SWSA.

I hope it's still open the first week of April, my DS hasn't had a chance to ride it yet and he's in love with the witch now...I know...he's odd...lol :rolleyes1

has anyone seen the Princess line long enough to warrant a Fairytale Hall? i sure haven't. their line just gets shorter and shorter every time i go. on our last June trip, i never saw it longer than 15 minutes.

We waited 30 minutes Sep 2009 and 45 minutes for Oct 2010. Kind of off peak times IMO, so I'd say they're in need of their own area.

If you aren't livid over this decision, you shouldn't be a Disney fan. I'm going to be as blunt and as cold as that (which is a stretch for me, as you know).

Truly abhorrent Disney. Fie on you. Fie.

the consensus on FB seems to be the same--people are not happy they are taking away SWSA.

When we went to see the Fairies, the princess line was 45 min. That same day, we waited an additional half hour for Tiana elsewhere in the park. Besides, what is the alternative? To not have some of Disney's most popular characters available in the Magic Kingdom?

When we went to see the Fairies, the princess line was 45 min. That same day, we waited an additional half hour for Tiana elsewhere in the park. Besides, what is the alternative? To not have some of Disney's most popular characters available in the Magic Kingdom?

Simply to put them someplace else. It's Disney, not a four-story walkup on Amsterdam Avenue. They have the room.

I never waited more than five minutes in line for SWSA, and I like rides like that. It's a little jaunt into a building that's cooler than being outside, and while, sure, it's old, and maybe a little creepy (or maybe it's just me) but it bums me out that it's closing.

Disney has plenty of land that they could develop and build a whole freakin' princess park in, if they really wanted to do that. They could have probably built this Royal Meet-and-Greet Hall without having to remove this ride. I mean, maybe it wouldn't have been quite specifically where they wanted to place it, but that wouldn't matter. People who want to meet the princesses would be willing to walk the extra time to get to the Princess Pavilion.

If you aren't livid over this decision, you shouldn't be a Disney fan. I'm going to be as blunt and as cold as that (which is a stretch for me, as you know).

Truly abhorrent Disney. Fie on you. Fie.

Because I don't like SWSA and think it's a waste of space and that a new ride for Snow White will serve the park and it's guests better you are ready to revoke my Disney Fan card?

Thanks, needed the laugh this afternoon. :D

Because I don't like SWSA and think it's a waste of space and that a new ride for Snow White will serve the park and it's guests better you are ready to revoke my Disney Fan card?

Thanks, needed the laugh this afternoon. :D

I'll see you when they rip out Mr. Toad for a cheap box of crackers. Oh wait, they already did.

Laugh all you want, I think what they're doing is ridiculous. RIDICULOUS.

I'll see you when they rip out Mr. Toad for a cheap box of crackers. Oh wait, they already did.

Laugh all you want, I think what they're doing is ridiculous. RIDICULOUS.

I'm not laughing at your disapproval of the project. I undertand that even if I disagree with it. I'm laughing at the dig at other Disney World fans because they disagree with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter