Snow White's Scary Adventure Closure

I'm not laughing at your disapproval of the project. I undertand that even if I disagree with it. I'm laughing at the dig at other Disney World fans because they disagree with you.

Please, whenever I disagree with some of the more staunch characters on these boards, I'm usually met with laughter. So, this time, I thought i'd take a pre-emptive strike. Again, laughter.

What can I say, I'm a funny guy.

When we went to see the Fairies, the princess line was 45 min. That same day, we waited an additional half hour for Tiana elsewhere in the park. Besides, what is the alternative? To not have some of Disney's most popular characters available in the Magic Kingdom?

the alternative is to put them elsewhere. certainly, that is not the ONLY possible location for them. based on the drawings (which are just drawings, but that's what i'm basing my opinion on right now), there is a lot of extra space in Belle's area and there is extra space by the mine coaster.

I know of one little girl who will be heart broken..
IMG_4214.jpg
We will just have to hope the new attraction will be even better!

As I said,I hate to see any attraction close,even if it it is not one of my favorites,because it IS someone's favorite!

I am still "mourning" the closure of "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire-Play It!"One of my absolute favorite moments in all of my 18 trips to WDW was sitting in the Hot Seat and "almost" winning the Cruise.:)

Why do you think it's closing?
The release below seems to indicate that it isn't. At least not soon.

Question - Is all of Fantasyland closed/closing?

Answer - No. During this expansion, Guests may continue to enjoy classic Fantasyland attractions, including “it’s a small world,” Peter Pan’s Flight, Mickey’s PhilharMagic, Snow White’s Scary Adventures, Cinderella’s Golden Carrousel, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, and Mad Tea Party, along with a variety of merchandise and food and beverage locations will remain open, including the popular Cinderella’s Royal Table restaurant.

It has been "unofficially official" that it was closing for quite some time.:)

I just haven't seen a closure date anywhere and I don't "think" one was announced Today.:)

It has been "unofficially official" that it was closing for quite some time. I just haven't seen a closure date anywhere and I don't "think" one was announced Today.:)
Below was released regarding tonight's press event announcement.

Question:
Does this mean that Snow White’s Scary Adventures is going away?
When will that happen?

Answer:
Yes. As we considered adding another experience in Fantasyland, we looked for an opportunity to tell Snow White’s story in a fresh, new way. By adding the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, we’re able to add another chapter to Snow White’s story, and give guests a new way to experience this beloved Disney character. No date has yet been set for the attraction’s closing.

I am excited about the new ride, but disappointed that all they are going to put in the place of a dark ride that was enjoyed by many is a meet and greet

Meet and greets have their place, but I thin they should utilize what is there and make a new ride

I am a little behind reading these boards lately so this is the first time I heard this devastating news of Snow White's Scary Adventure closing.
The only thing I can drum up to express my feeling of this is: THIS BLOWS!

When we went to see the Fairies, the princess line was 45 min. That same day, we waited an additional half hour for Tiana elsewhere in the park. Besides, what is the alternative? To not have some of Disney's most popular characters available in the Magic Kingdom?

People seem upset that the princess meet & greet will now happen to be where SWSA is. If they look at the history of the Expansion, they will see that this is merely a meet & greet spot, a HUGE step down from the interactive separate areas/chateaux previously planned. And now they don't want them to have even this? Seems a bit over the top to me.

Snow White is being replaced by the COASTER....... not the meet & greet. Geography aside that is........

We'll miss Snow White too!

3198029562_dc6e35a98a.jpg
[/url] Snow White Waits for HER Ride! by mom2rtk, on Flickr[/IMG]

People seem upset that the princess meet & greet will now happen to be where SWSA is. If they look at the history of the Expansion, they will see that this is merely a meet & greet spot, a HUGE step down from the interactive separate areas/chateaux previously planned. And now they don't want them to have even this? Seems a bit over the top to me.

Snow White is being replaced by the COASTER....... not the meet & greet. Geography aside that is........

We'll miss Snow White too!

3198029562_dc6e35a98a.jpg
[/url] Snow White Waits for HER Ride! by mom2rtk, on Flickr[/IMG]

love the photos

If you aren't livid over this decision, you shouldn't be a Disney fan. I'm going to be as blunt and as cold as that (which is a stretch for me, as you know).

Truly abhorrent Disney. Fie on you. Fie.

Oh Billy, this is just ridiculous. And I think you know it.

We're not talking about Space Mountain. Or Pirates of the Caribbean. Or Haunted Mansion. Or any of the other classic rides in the park that has a large guest turnover.

I get that this is a classic ride. I do get that. But the Magic Kingdom, as all of the parks, are always changing and evolving as they should be. Making room for other things, that very well could be more popular. Will this bring people to the park? No. But did Snow White's Scary Adventures?

But to say that if you're not livid about this you're not a Disney fan? Excuse me while I roll my eyes so hard they roll out of my head and bounce down the hallway. :rolleyes:

The one for Belle remains, and honestly, I think that's plenty. I really felt like too much real estate was being handed over to glorified meet and greets, and bundling a bunch of them up into one pavilion while adding in an additional ride attraction (with all new ride technology to boot!) is far preferable.

I'm not a huge Snow White fan in general, but I REALLY enjoy this ride. I'm not even sure why I do so much...I guess I like the fact that it is really creepy-ish. I don't believe I rode it as a child, but if I had, I think I would have been really scared! lol I just really have enjoyed it as an adult. I'll be sad to see it go - I really wish it wasn't closing for a while. We aren't going back to this summer, but I would love to ride it one more time.

The new Seven Dwarves roller coaster does sound like it will be a fun ride. I am looking forward to it. :)

The one for Belle remains, and honestly, I think that's plenty. I really felt like too much real estate was being handed over to glorified meet and greets, and bundling a bunch of them up into one pavilion while adding in an additional ride attraction (with all new ride technology to boot!) is far preferable.

My point is that this revised set of plans already takes care of that issue. So I'm amazed at the amount of griping at the little bit that remains!

Leave it alone. What makes a classic a classic? I can't believe WDW would stoop to this level. I wonder when they will take "Disney" out of Disneyworld? I really think the original rides should stay in. I mean a classic is when you can say that your parents rode that ride, you rode this ride, and your children can ride that same ride. HISTORY, NOSTALGIA. This is what makes Disneyland so special. C'mon WDW let's get back on track. Dark rides rule!

Too scary? Have we all not seen or had our children watch all of the old Disney movies? Scar, Malificent, Jafar, Judge Frolo, Evil Queen, Ursula, Hook, Evil Stepmother and others are what make Disney so special. Good vs. Evil. Good winning.

My point is that this revised set of plans already takes care of that issue. So I'm amazed at the amount of griping at the little bit that remains!

people aren't griping because of the M&G. people are griping because they don't want to lose SWSA to a M&G.

DD3 is going with her grandparents this week for a 7 day trip. I asked her what ride she wants to go on first. She said Peter Pan, then Snow White. When we were there in Nov she rode Snow White 6 times in a row, the adults took turns riding with her. So I guess it still has an audience. Not everything at Disney has to be for the rollercoaster set :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter