Snow White's Scary Adventure Closure

I'll be terribly sad when/if this ride closes just because they don't want to have "two rides based on the same movie". They have two rides based on Alice in Wonderland in Disneyland's Fantasyland. Why can't they have two based on Snow White in the Magic Kingdom. :sad1:

i really really hope this rumor isn't true.

i can see updating it, but not closing it. snow white is the original princess. i don't think she needs to be pushed out.

and i also don't think the movie needs to be re-done in CG as one PP mentioned. my DD was obsessed with Snow White when she was younger (she's past the Princess age at this point), even in it's classic cell-animation glory.

I'll be terribly sad when/if this ride closes just because they don't want to have "two rides based on the same movie". They have two rides based on Alice in Wonderland in Disneyland's Fantasyland. Why can't they have two based on Snow White in the Magic Kingdom. :sad1:

Very true and they are both great rides but different at the same time.

I would be sad if they closed Snow White - it may not be a high tech attraction, but it is a classic. Guess we'll all just have to wait and see what happens! :)

It seems to me that they're doing something new for all the other princesses except Snow White, even though she is the original princess. She isn't my favorite princess (Ariel is), but she still deserves a ride. Though Aurora seems to be being neglected also. There is not a single thing at WDW to represent her.

better not remove it. I took our adopted son there for his first trip, He was 9 and this ride scared him, BUT he loved it!! It was his favorite ride that trip.
We dont need more computer/video generated garbage. I like the old classic animatronic rides. i dont have animatronics at home, i do have videos at home

I can see them moving the ride or adding some things to it. they dont need to close rides they need to add rides!

I totally agree with you. There are only a handful of the classic attractions left and they still have plenty of land to expand without removing those few remaining attractions. These little dark rides are so much fun - it's one of the things I love about Disneyland, as they also have dark rides for Pinocchio and Alice in Wonderland, as well as MR. TOAD :lovestruc.

As for the Jungle Cruise, I love it! On the safari in AK you might see an animal here or there, but I've been on it at times (especially when it's hot) where calling it a safari seemed to be a bit of a stretch, almost not an animal in sight. But I always know that when I go on JC, I will see dozens of elephants enjoying a bath, my boat will be approached by dangerous hippos, the natives will be dancing, and that funny looking guy will be wanting to sell me 2 shrunken heads for one of mine! LEAVE THE CLASSICS ALONE!

I hope it doesnt close, after riding the one in DLP i wanted to ride this one aswell.

sorry...but I for one would be totally okay with this one going....while I enjoy classic rides like Peter Pan and Small World....Snow White is one that is skipped everytime and I dont ever miss it. Rode it with my son when he was two last year and covered his eyes for the good majority of it...and thought it looked really cheap/carnival-like and cheezy. Sorry I'll probably get slammed for it...but ready to see what else Disney can bring to this ride.

:thumbsup2 +1 100%. I'm not sure that there is any demographic other than Dis-Heads that would want to keep this archaic embarassment open. There are so many people here who want it to stay open because of their memories from days gone by. But in today's 3-D, Pixar world, there are very few kids under the age of 15 who have ever seen Snow White, or who actually like the movie even if they have seen it. Of course the movie has historical significance. But that is not an excuse to keep this old-fashioned, out-dated, too-scary-for-little-kids-and-not-scary-enough-for-older-kids, "C Ticket" dinosaur up and running. Take a trip outside of the "Dis Bubble" and you won't find anyone who still enjoys this ride. There is a reason why there is never a line. When the theme park dollar is competing against Harry Potter, The Mummy, Toy Story Mania, Spiderman, etc, there is really no market for a 1930's-style dark ride that is no better than a two-ticket attraction at you local state fair. Good riddance, I say. Ask the children or your friends and neighbors who are not nostalgic Dis Members if they enjoy this ride and I think you will find a rather consistent theme. This will be on the bottom of everyone's list.

especially b/c:
a) this one tells the story while the mine coaster is totally different
and
b) I haven't heard any rumors about what will replace this. Might as well keep it open unless you have something else to go there (maybe they do and just nothing has come out yet).

Personally, we aren't crazy about the Snow White ride and won't be too upset if it closes, but I understand some people love it. If they close it, what they replace it with better be good

:thumbsup2 +1 100%. I'm not sure that there is any demographic other than Dis-Heads that would want to keep this archaic embarassment open. There are so many people here who want it to stay open because of their memories from days gone by. But in today's 3-D, Pixar world, there are very few kids under the age of 15 who have ever seen Snow White, or who actually like the movie even if they have seen it. Of course the movie has historical significance. But that is not an excuse to keep this old-fashioned, out-dated, too-scary-for-little-kids-and-not-scary-enough-for-older-kids, "C Ticket" dinosaur up and running. Take a trip outside of the "Dis Bubble" and you won't find anyone who still enjoys this ride. There is a reason why there is never a line. When the theme park dollar is competing against Harry Potter, The Mummy, Toy Story Mania, Spiderman, etc, there is really no market for a 1930's-style dark ride that is no better than a two-ticket attraction at you local state fair. Good riddance, I say. Ask the children or your friends and neighbors who are not nostalgic Dis Members if they enjoy this ride and I think you will find a rather consistent theme. This will be on the bottom of everyone's list.

I understand this view, but then why does Dumbo have such long lines? Why is Stitch's ride (which has way better technology, etc.) usually empty/low volume? Heck, why bother having a castle based on old movies when you can change it for each new princess that comes out?

Seems like you can have both - add the new, but keep and appreciate the classics for what they are and share that with your kids (as some people at least like to do)

I hope it doesn't close. If they close it, there would only be two dark rides. I LOVE the dark rides, they are one of my favorite things about Magic Kingdom. I always felt like three wasn't enough and if they lose this there's only two. I'll be sad if this one goes. :sad1:

I understand this view, but then why does Dumbo have such long lines?

Apples and oranges. Dumbo is designed for the very youngest Disney visitors (7 and under) whereas SWSA is actually NOT intended for that audience, and they actually have warnings to that effect. There are very few rides specifically designed for 4 year olds, and Dumbo is one of them, hence the line, as supply is low and demand is high. SWSA was actually designed as a "tween" and adult ride, and frankly, it doesn't impress or appeal to either demographic anymore (other than Dis die-hards).

I never understood who this rides was meant for. It is too scary for young kids and toddlers yet so simple for older kids. I refused to go into this ride when I was 4 years old because I was terrified of a poster of the witch outside. I was amused that DS did the exact same thing when he was 3 and 4 years old. He has yet to go on this ride. I would not be sad at all if this ride was closed or revamped.

Yeah, that's exactly why I won't be sad to see it go - it was too scary for my daughter when she was really into princesses, but doesn't seem to have much appeal for older kids/adults either except for the nostalgia factor. It has long frustrated me that with as much as they've hyped and marketed the princesses, the only princess ride in all of the Magic Kingdom (excluding the carousel because it is/was princess in name only; a carousel is a carousel is a carousel and there is nothing uniquely Disney/princessy about it) is too scary for so many kids in the Princess target demographic.

I'd really like to see the princesses better represented in the MK (and not just by opportunities to spend money on merchandise and mediocre meals). But if they're going to have a princess ride, it should be targeted towards the princess audience. Otherwise, what's the point?

Yeah, that's exactly why I won't be sad to see it go - it was too scary for my daughter when she was really into princesses, but doesn't seem to have much appeal for older kids/adults either except for the nostalgia factor. It has long frustrated me that with as much as they've hyped and marketed the princesses, the only princess ride in all of the Magic Kingdom (excluding the carousel because it is/was princess in name only; a carousel is a carousel is a carousel and there is nothing uniquely Disney/princessy about it) is too scary for so many kids in the Princess target demographic.

I'd really like to see the princesses better represented in the MK (and not just by opportunities to spend money on merchandise and mediocre meals). But if they're going to have a princess ride, it should be targeted towards the princess audience. Otherwise, what's the point?

The new Ariel ride should cover this then. I do hate how people complain about how this expansion is geared too much towards princesses and little girls when there is honestly no other princess rides in all of WDW besides Snow White, which isn't the kind of princess ride you'd probably think of. It seems they are now watering down the princess plans, so who knows. Though I don't think this whole princess theme should be just about meet n greets, and that's what the plans seemed to be. They need some rides. On a side note, I rode Snow White when I was 5 and did not find it scary at all. Maybe I'm crazy. :eek:

I think Snow White needs updated (animatronic?) and I love the Jungle Cruise but wish Disney would update it too. If Disney needs to dump a ride - dump Stitch or the Indy Cars. My daughter loves the Indy Cars but I have had "near brawl" experiences with TGLC's (tour group line cutters) - sooo - my daughter and DW do this ride...

Here Here. Someone I can totally agree with on this. Although we all know those indy cars are never going sadly. They are still popular year after year.

I do hope they keep barnstormer. I can not imaging ripping it down. Maybe refacing it.

there are very few kids under the age of 15 who have ever seen Snow White, or who actually like the movie even if they have seen it.

Snow White just happens to be one of my son's favorite movies and he is 4. He has the figurines and everything and we play SW often. BUT with that said I think the ride is kind of sad and at the very least could use a little updating!

I don't know if anyone followed this expansion the whole way through, but the earliest rumors stated that Snow White would be removed, and a new mine coaster would be built. However, the other part of this rumor stated that a new Beauty and the Beast dark ride would take the spot of the Snow White dark ride, and quite a bit of the Snow White dark ride would find a new home as a part of the new Fantasyland expansion.

Where will it be now? Anyone's guess, but it looks like Cinderella and Aurora got the boot for Snow White and Belle.

If we do get the new BatB dark ride and the new Snow White coaster, I think it would be an amazing idea.

It's about time they closed this very stupid (and not even a little scary) ride.

We need less rides that are aimed at easily-scared 4 year olds and more that a whole family can enjoy.
Goodness Gracious!! :eek:

I remember when it was much scarier years ago the first time I was there. Now it is more of a Snow White's Kind of Scary Adventure.
LOL :rotfl:

As far as an announcement, people always think it's something big, and it's almost always a dissapointment. I'm not holding my breath.
true... very true... :rolleyes1

I understand this view, but then why does Dumbo have such long lines? Why is Stitch's ride (which has way better technology, etc.) usually empty/low volume? Heck, why bother having a castle based on old movies when you can change it for each new princess that comes out?

Seems like you can have both - add the new, but keep and appreciate the classics for what they are and share that with your kids (as some people at least like to do)
Well Stated! :thumbsup2

As soon as someone knows a date can they let me know because I will make a special trip just to ride it. It is so special to me because it gives me happy memories of her, by the way the friend I am talking about died from barest cancer

This is on my list of rides to try this trip. This will be my 3rd visit to Disney, but there is SOOOO much I have never done. I am trying to do a lot of new things this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!