~~Snowbirds Weight Loss Thread~~

Hey Jen! Thanks for the welcome!! Just wanted to say I am back to walking. Hit or miss last week-2 or 3 days, Sunday not much, Mond-just a bit. Last night walk/jogged 2 miles. I can tell I did more jogging than usual--my thighs feel it!! I am not sure what I way--my scales are weird. But, I think it's about 134? Well I go for my annual girlie visit tomorrow:eek: YUCK. so, no telling what they will say I weigh!! But, I am 5'2" and my goal weight is 124. I don't know why I want that weight, but there it is. Dh and friends think I get too thin around there, but it's good for a goal. I think reality is really about 128. I don't want to look sick--and I don't feel 'fat', I just see those #s and I FREAK!!!

At one point I did weigh 124 (before baby #3 and after nursing baby #2) and everyone thought I was ultra-skinny. My Gyn told me last year that I was fine. But, I had to get on some meds--hence the next 5#s. So, I'll see what he says. But, I have allergies and get migraines and I think when I am active that it helps some. I love this thread!! Can't wait for the Mexican Lasagne recipe--I want it for supper tonight!!!!

I truly can say I love ya'll!! You are the reason I am gonna be able to do this.Honestly-I was praying about it when we were walking Friday night and I just told the Lord I really needed some help and some motivation from somewhere. And LOOK----He sent you to open this thread! We never know what we do may be an answer to someones prayers!!

Awesome recipe Jen! I am definately going to make it tonight! I was already going to make chicken, but I didn't know how I was going to prepare it. It sounds delicious and my DD LOVES chicken fingers! Hmmm...I think I bought some broccoli on Monday so there's my side dish!! All this thinking about food is making me hungry! Time for lunch!

thanks for the recipe! I might give it a go tonight as well.

I am also heading to the gym after dinner for a Step and Tone class. I love this class. It always get's my heart rate up. Unfortunately, I won't have time for workouts Thursday or Friday. I work late both days.:eek:

I'm IN!!

I need to tone up big time. I had a bunch of "female problems" early this spring & was put on meds. I have put on 15#'s & gone up 2 sizes in jeans. I exercise & am on my feet walking all day but still no luck.

JenJolt thanks so much for this thread! But word of warning to all!! Stay away from DIET SODA!!! it is the worst when it comes to weight loss. Let me explain. My husband is a cyclist he does Lance Armstrong style biking/racing. So he follows the Lance training guide. According to Lance's personal trainer(I can't remember his name) it takes 5 extra glasses of water to flush out the chemicals that are in fake sweetner from half a glass of diet pop. He said if you are going to drink soda drink the real stuff cause your body needs narural sugar & can process it much better than the fake stuff. So to all of you using Spenda, Sweet n Low & Equal you really aren't helping yourself in the long run. Sorry I 'll get off my soap box now.

My COW should be easy I drink 4 -5 20 oz glasses of water a day at work but at home not too good.

Alright ladies..we are going to have a COW!! Want to know what COW stands for LOL!! Challenge of the Week!! Each week I'm going to challege myself and you with a healthy lifestyle choice.

Okay so for our first week together...I challenge you for the next week to drink at least 8- 8oz of water a day!! That's it!! Have a COW!!

Happy Drinking!!!

Hey, hey, I am the challenge master over at the BL. Can I steal COW?? The acronym is awesome and I would love to use it if you don't mind. Wish I thought of it!

Hey Jen! Thanks for the welcome!! Just wanted to say I am back to walking. Hit or miss last week-2 or 3 days, Sunday not much, Mond-just a bit. Last night walk/jogged 2 miles. I can tell I did more jogging than usual--my thighs feel it!! I am not sure what I way--my scales are weird. But, I think it's about 134? Well I go for my annual girlie visit tomorrow:eek: YUCK. so, no telling what they will say I weigh!! But, I am 5'2" and my goal weight is 124. I don't know why I want that weight, but there it is. Dh and friends think I get too thin around there, but it's good for a goal. I think reality is really about 128. I don't want to look sick--and I don't feel 'fat', I just see those #s and I FREAK!!!

At one point I did weigh 124 (before baby #3 and after nursing baby #2) and everyone thought I was ultra-skinny. My Gyn told me last year that I was fine. But, I had to get on some meds--hence the next 5#s. So, I'll see what he says. But, I have allergies and get migraines and I think when I am active that it helps some. I love this thread!! Can't wait for the Mexican Lasagne recipe--I want it for supper tonight!!!!

I truly can say I love ya'll!! You are the reason I am gonna be able to do this.Honestly-I was praying about it when we were walking Friday night and I just told the Lord I really needed some help and some motivation from somewhere. And LOOK----He sent you to open this thread! We never know what we do may be an answer to someones prayers!!

Okay here is the recipe for the Mexican Lasagna..it figures to be about 6 points a piece (and that is a big piece I usually make it in a 8x8 square dish and then cut it into quarters LOL)

I'm a Food Network Addict..I love their shows especially Rachel Ray anything I can get that is healthy on the table in 30 minutes is two thumbs up for me!!! Anyways I tweaked it a bit to fit my tastes!

Mexican Lasagna (you can make this in a 13x9 with no problem)

Ingredients
1 package of ground turkey
1-2 TBSP of chili powder (to season the turkey with)
1 big can of stewed tomatoes
1 cup (8oz) taco sauce (I use mild, but its up to you)
1 can black beans (drained...get that yucky fatty sauce off those beans LOL)
1/2 bag of frozen corn (I buy the small bag at wally world for $.96)
Low-fat or Carb Balance Tortillas (I like the carb ones because they have a huge amount of fiber which makes them almost non-existent in the points)
1/2 bag of Reduced Fat (2%) Mexican Mix Cheese
Olive Oil (just a little bit)

Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
Use a bit of olive oil in a skillet and brown your turkey meat.
Spice up the turkey meat with chili powder (add as little or as much as you would like)
Once you have browned and flavored your meat (you'll notice very little grease but sometimes I will drain it just to get off that excess)

Add the can of stewed tomatoes, the taco sauce, the black beans, and the frozen corn. Bring the mixture to a slight boil and make sure the corn gets cooked. This is your filling for the lasagna.

Now for the noodles or in this case the tortillas. I cut the tortillas into quarters. Depending on the size of my baking dish will depend how many tortillas I will use.

Using a little bit more of the olive oil I grease the bottom of my baking dish and then put a layer of my meat mixture on the bottom. I then put a small handful of cheese on top of the meat mixture and then layer my tortillas on top of that. I then repeat the layers. I add another layer of meat, with just a bit of cheese on top, put the last layer of tortillas and then sprinkle the rest of my cheese on top of the tortillas.

Then you place the lasagna in the oven for about 12 minutes. Everything in the lasagna is cooked this just allows the cheese throughout the lasagna to melt and for a firm crisp top layer to be formed. I take it out of the oven and let it sit for about 5 minutes and then serve.

Here's to creating healthy and yummy meals.

Awesome recipe Jen! I am definately going to make it tonight! I was already going to make chicken, but I didn't know how I was going to prepare it. It sounds delicious and my DD LOVES chicken fingers! Hmmm...I think I bought some broccoli on Monday so there's my side dish!! All this thinking about food is making me hungry! Time for lunch!

YAY I hope you like it!! I enjoy that recipe and if you like chicken I have a great italian chicken roll up I will give you!! Another easy and yummy recipe without all the fat!!!

thanks for the recipe! I might give it a go tonight as well.

I am also heading to the gym after dinner for a Step and Tone class. I love this class. It always get's my heart rate up. Unfortunately, I won't have time for workouts Thursday or Friday. I work late both days.:eek:

Enjoy the recipe we really like it at my house!!

I'm envious I used to love to do Step Aerobics!! My goal tonight is to get my mom settled in and then do a workout video!!! You guys are such a great inspiration for me!!

Oh, yeah! I forgot to add that I'm on glass #3. Way more than I typically drink so YAY me!

Me too and I'm almost done with glass #4 YAY!!!

Hey, hey, I am the challenge master over at the BL. Can I steal COW?? The acronym is awesome and I would love to use it if you don't mind. Wish I thought of it!

ABSOLUTELY..take it and run with it!!! I don't mind at all!!! I love sharing ideas so if you have any to throw our way let us know!!!

Afternoon!
Just checking in everyone! Hope you're all doing well!
So far so good on my front!
I've been drinking my water from my old Resort mug :goodvibes
Nothing like some disney spirit to help me along!

BTW great sounding recipies! I can't wait to try them!

No diet pop for me...can't stand the after taste. I've been trying to drink more water. However, I'm not bif plain water drinker so I mix in the Crystal light packets with it. I love Coke and Mountain Dew, I've been good and have really tried to limit myself to one a day. I've even been ordering ice tea at restaurants when we go out.

As anyone tried those diet supplement pills or Alli. My Mom has been looking it Alli. I tried Slimquik and thought it was okay. I'm down 5 pds in the lost 3 weeks. I was 235 this morning hoping to be at least 220 before Christmas.

I live for chicken recipes! I always have some in the house and I'm always looking for new ways to make it. My DD just started eating red meat (finally!), but adores chicken. I know that red meat is not that good for you, I'm just happy that she decided to finally start trying things! Hooray!:banana: Well, I'm off to start up my delicious dinner!

Jen-I'm so excited for you that your mom is coming to visit! That is so awesome! Have fun with her!

Do you guys make tacos with chicken? That seems to be a favorite of my kiddos. We eat ton of chicken & we use ground turkey instead of beef for almost everything. The only red meat my kids will eat is steak or pot roast. They really don't like the taste of hamburger weird kids I know:rolleyes1

No diet pop for me...can't stand the after taste. I've been trying to drink more water. However, I'm not bif plain water drinker so I mix in the Crystal light packets with it. I love Coke and Mountain Dew, I've been good and have really tried to limit myself to one a day. I've even been ordering ice tea at restaurants when we go out.

As anyone tried those diet supplement pills or Alli. My Mom has been looking it Alli. I tried Slimquik and thought it was okay. I'm down 5 pds in the lost 3 weeks. I was 235 this morning hoping to be at least 220 before Christmas.

I don't know how overweight your mom is --but check on the back of the Alli box--they want you to be a certain weight to even do it. I was not close to the weight but I tried it anyway--lots of potty trips but didn't lose any weight.It just kinda hurt my stomach. But if she's in the range it'll work. Our pastor did it and he loved it.

Do you guys make tacos with chicken? That seems to be a favorite of my kiddos. We eat ton of chicken & we use ground turkey instead of beef for almost everything. The only red meat my kids will eat is steak or pot roast. They really don't like the taste of hamburger weird kids I know:rolleyes1

My kids loooove chicken. In fact I can't wait to try Jen's recipe for chicken strips!!!

Just ate dinner and boy was it good! Thanks so much for the recipe Jen! It was so good and even my DD ate a whole chicken strip. She's not a big eater, so that's big deal in our house when she cleans her plate.

Just ate dinner and boy was it good! Thanks so much for the recipe Jen! It was so good and even my DD ate a whole chicken strip. She's not a big eater, so that's big deal in our house when she cleans her plate.

YAY!! I'm so glad that you enjoyed it!!! I will post the chicken rollups for you in the morning!! Give that little one of yours a big high five from me!!

And thanks mom and I are having a great time...tomorrow morning we are going for a walk together and then out to lunch for my birthday!!!

Jen we just had the Mexican Lasagne and it was sooo good!! That's def. a keeper!! Thank you so much!

I'm so glad you liked the recipe!! I will keep them coming for you guys!! I love to share and really happy when people enjoy them!!

SO Ladies did you have a COW today!!! I know I did I'm on my last 2 cups of water and then one check for day one and as we all know its about taking one step at a time!! I know we can do it!!!

Well.....I think I got up to about 3 or 4 8oz glasses of water today. Not bad I guess. I can't wait for the recipe tomorrow! Yea!

Good Morning Snowbirds!!! Well make sure you drink that water today!!!! My first week of WW I lost over 10lbs and I attribute that to drinking water!! It really does flush out your system and make you healthier overall.

Well today is My birthday:cheer2: YAY :cheer2: and it will be hard to stay focused on not overindulging myself however I promise I will I WILL practice moderation....and I will only have 1 Dr. Pepper and any desert I may get will be small or will be sharable!!!

Recipe of the day!! Italian Chicken Rollups
This is also a 5 point recipe for those of you on WW!!

We'll make this for 4 people LOL

Ingredients:
4 Chicken Breasts (1 per person)
4 TBSP of fat-free or lite Italian Dressing
4tsp of basil (dried or fresh will work)
4 String Cheese
1/2 cup bread crumbs that you have flavored with italian seasoning or basil and some paprika

Alright preheat that oven to 375 degrees and once again I like to preheat my cookie sheet LOL

I must admit this is my favorite part!! Take a meat tenderizer, rolling pin, or hammer and flatten your chicken breasts. You are going to want to be able to roll them around a piece of string cheese.

Sprinkle your flatten chicken patty with a tsp of basil and some salt and pepper for taste. Place a piece of string cheese in the middle and wrap chicken around it. Then using a pastry brush, brush italian dressing all over the chicken rollup. Roll the chicken roll-up in the breadcrumbs and place seam side down on the cookie sheet. Repeat for all of the chicken pieces.

Cook these for about 20-25 minutes until chicken is done and Enjoy!! I usually like this with a light pasta salad or a fresh veggie!!!

Have a great day guys!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter