~~Snowbirds Weight Loss Thread~~

Good Morning!! Recipe sounds awesome!

Happy Birthday Jen!! :bday:

Here's some we can all share :cake:

Hope you have a wonderful day!!!!

Jen, Happy Birthday!!:bday: Have a wonderful time with your Mom:cheer2:

Thanks for the recipes. I'm not much of a cook ( I am the queen of take-out and fast food but I've tried to really limit myself for the past month), however, these seem easy to do, right? Hard to mess up? I'll try some next week...I plan out my meals for the week and then grocery shop, and my next shopping day is Sunday.

Thanks for the recipes. I'm not much of a cook ( I am the queen of take-out and fast food but I've tried to really limit myself for the past month), however, these seem easy to do, right? Hard to mess up? I'll try some next week...I plan out my meals for the week and then grocery shop, and my next shopping day is Sunday.

Almost all of the recipes I will post are super easy (take only about 30 minutes) and are definitely not easy to mess up! They are totally user friendly and healthy just the way I like them!!

Once again, that recipe sounds super yummy! I will probably make it next week sometime. I hope that you're having a great birthday!

Me too!! I even found a cute little notepad at B&N that has the menu for the week spaces--just fill 'em in!! I usually shop once a week like you---I tried Sundays, but man I am soooo tired. Usually if I haven't squeezed it in by Fri--I do it Monday--but them I am too tired to cook, so we have to eat out!!:laughing:
Almost all of the recipes I will post are super easy (take only about 30 minutes) and are definitely not easy to mess up! They are totally user friendly and healthy just the way I like them!!

I want to have at least 20 great recipes that I can rotate throughout a month. If you figure 30 days, and Sundays we eat out---with one night a week out or left overs--that should be a good base to work with.Trouble is, I generally have 1 that all 5 of us like!!!! I have a great Chicken Alfredo recipe, but it's carb laden. Jen,I may pm you with the ingredients and you can tweak it for me. No kidding---it's the best thing you can eat without going out. I would eat it 3 times a week if I wouldn't blow up!!

Me too!! I even found a cute little notepad at B&N that has the menu for the week spaces--just fill 'em in!! I usually shop once a week like you---I tried Sundays, but man I am soooo tired. Usually if I haven't squeezed it in by Fri--I do it Monday--but them I am too tired to cook, so we have to eat out!!:laughing:

I want to have at least 20 great recipes that I can rotate throughout a month. If you figure 30 days, and Sundays we eat out---with one night a week out or left overs--that should be a good base to work with.Trouble is, I generally have 1 that all 5 of us like!!!! I have a great Chicken Alfredo recipe, but it's carb laden. Jen,I may pm you with the ingredients and you can tweak it for me. No kidding---it's the best thing you can eat without going out. I would eat it 3 times a week if I wouldn't blow up!!

Send it my way and I'll see what I can do with it without taking too much flavor!!!! I hate flavorless food so I will find a way LOL!! I love alfredo too so if you have something and I can tweak it we will both be in heaven LOL!!!

hey guys!

Checking in here, too!

Looks like some of you were able to try Jen's honey mustart chicken recipe. I'm hoping to try in the next day or two. I just didn't get to it last night. I did, however, get to the gym for an awesome Step and Tone class. It kicked my behind, as it's been a months since my last trip to the gym.

I think I'll do some spinning on Saturday!

We are going to be celebrating my birthday on Saturday, even thought it isn't unitl Monday, by going out to eat. It is so hard for me to dine out and be good. I hope I can find a decent salad somewhere. We aren't going anywere fancy or special. Just out.

Hey Jen~ It might be this weekend before I can shoot it to ya!! But I will get it done!!!! It a chicken in egg mix coated in bread crumbs cooked until it's got a goo crust. Placed over cooked spaghettie noodles and the alfredo sauce poured over--then baked. Holy cow!! Unbelievable!!

Wanted to add about my Dr. appointment this morning. Went great!! Glad I am not due back for 1year!! When I weighed there, it was 131, so I am a few #s lighter than I thought!!! Makes that 128 (or 124!!!) a lot more realistic. He said I was fine though, & if it makes me happy fine-I can just exercise to be healthy--weights not an issue.That was good to hear. But, last year I had a few issues and they are all good now! Praise the Lord!!! He has blessed me yet again, & I just wanted to shout out a little Thanks!!!!

Sorry I wasn't around today I went shopping with mom at the Outlets just east of here!! I hope you are all drinking your water and I promise two recipes tomorrow to make up for today!!

Just remember keep moving and keep thinking positively...YOU CAN DO ANYTHING you set your mind too! And with a little help from a few friends we are all going to meet our goals!!

Hey Jen and others!!!

Well, after my Dr. appointment on Th. I kinda fell off the exercise-wagon:) But, I have kept up with the water--at least 5 glasses a day. That's a lot for me!! But, add to that no Dr. Pepper all week... and I am quite proud of that!! I also drink tea, so I guess that can be a bit of fluid--even though it's not just water---I use Stevia and not much at all. Or that organic sugar, I forgot the name of it. Anyway, I'll try to get in another 2 or 3 miles today.Parents are coming in and Mike preaches tomorrow, so I am gonna be a bit busy!!! Also, I have :laundy: by the tons!!!!

I had a lot of work to do in my schoolroom yesterday, organizing and reshelving some books( I have tons of books), so other housework is lagging!!

Jen, I am patiently waiting for those recipes.......popcorn:: !!! No rush....really...!! I love to cook when I know everybody is gonna like it, it's healthy,quick and I can't mess it up. Unfortunately for me, I don't have many recipes like this! Ha!! Stress in the Kitchen!!! Well, I am going to pm you with that chicken alfredo recipe--enjoy it AFTER you tweak it!!It's loaded!!!

Good Morning Good Morning!! I didn't do as well with my water yesterday as I would have liked! So today I'm really focusing on getting all that water into me!! I also hope to get out and walk this afternoon. This time of year is just simply gorgeous in Florida.

Alright the first recipe of the day this is a great sandwich that is 5 points on Weight Watchers!! I love to serve this at lunch time. It is filling and just yummy!!

Turkey Club Sandwich

Ingredients (per sandwich)

3 pieces of pumpernickle bread (or sometimes I use Jewish Rye and is just as good)

2 TBSP of Fat-free Thousand island dressing (once again I have switched and used Fat-free Ranch)
3-4 slices of turkey breast
2 pieces of lettuce
2-3 pieces of turkey bacon (cooked)
2-4 slices of tomato

Okay first thing I do is prepare the turkey bacon (I use the microwave, you do it however you like to do) Once cool I tear the two pieces into four halves.

I spread 1 TBSP of dressing on the first piece of bread and place the turkey on top of that. Then I layer with a piece of lettuce and couple slices of tomato. Then I put a piece of bread on top of that. Once again I spread 1 TBSP of dressing on that piece and put the bacon on the dressing and layer with lettuce and tomato. Last thing to do is top with the last piece of bread!! I then cut the sandwich in half and serve with baked potatoe chips or fresh veggies and some grapes. Makes a great lunch time meal or a quick dinner LOL!!

Enjoy!!

Happy Monday!! Did you have a successful week!! I was a little bad this weekend, but I am motivated to get back on track this week, including adding exercise everyday!! We'll be having a new COW starting on Wednesday...but hopefully you have been drinking that water!! I know I have and I'm definitely reaping the benefits. I was reading this weekend that drinking water helps clear out your skin and help it to appear younger and healthier.

I will post a recipe later today!!

Okay so I'm reading my Weight Watchers magazine as I frantically refresh the Snowbirds thread LOL!! And I wanted to share with you a very quick and easy side dish.

Sweet Potato Fries (4 points)

1 (6-oz) Sweet Potato cut into strips, tossed with 2 tsp. of canola oil.
Bake until crispy at 450 Degrees.

This are so good and a great easy snack or side dish...and speaking about potatoes..here is a fun fact..

A medium-size spud has only 110 calories, is naturally fat free, high in Vitamin C and packs more potassium than a banana. WOW, makes you think twice about potatoes!!!

I did ok this week. If only Tim Horton's (it's a Buffalo/Canada donut & coffee shop) didn't put out their pumpkin spice donut. I had a few of those this past week! So delicious!!!!! I'm getting better on the water and I had a glass of Pepsi yesterday. It was my first pepsi in a week! Yea! I don't know how I'll do this week. I'm trying to stay positive, but with my sisters wedding this week, it's going to be hard.

Hang in there Meghan!! And just think, if you stay off Pepsi all week you can reward yourself with extra wedding:cake:!!! YUMMY!!

Hey Jen, do you know anything about cooking with coconut oil? I know they use to say it was taboo, but I read recently that for cooking it was the best thing for you. I know olive oil is not good for high heat and have been wondering what is the best alternitve. Anyone know?:confused3

Hang in there Meghan!! And just think, if you stay off Pepsi all week you can reward yourself with extra wedding:cake:!!! YUMMY!!

Hey Jen, do you know anything about cooking with coconut oil? I know they use to say it was taboo, but I read recently that for cooking it was the best thing for you. I know olive oil is not good for high heat and have been wondering what is the best alternitve. Anyone know?:confused3

Thanks for your encouraging words! I LOVE wedding cake!!! I will try my best all week.

I did ok this week. If only Tim Horton's (it's a Buffalo/Canada donut & coffee shop) didn't put out their pumpkin spice donut. I had a few of those this past week! So delicious!!!!! I'm getting better on the water and I had a glass of Pepsi yesterday. It was my first pepsi in a week! Yea! I don't know how I'll do this week. I'm trying to stay positive, but with my sisters wedding this week, it's going to be hard.

:cheer2: :cheer2: I know you can do it Meghan!! Don't deny yourself just practice moderation!! Just a little piece of cake and just a little bit of spice pumpkin donut...just don't eat the whole thing LOL!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

As far as cooking with oil we use Canola Oil at our house and olive oil with pastas...let me do some research on that and get back to you!!

No I haven't forgotten the Chicken alfredo..I've done some tweaking and am going to cook it this week and then tweak it once more and try it again...we tired the real thing and it was delish!!! But now I have to make it a bit healthier LOL ...we won't discuss how many points it was LOL!!!

Hey guys! It's been a couple of days since I checked in. I've decided that I'm going to join Weight Watchers officially. My SIL has lost so much weight and two of my other good friends are joining. I figure, why not:confused3 I have to find out when the next meeting in my area is.

My eating is the most challenging thing for me. I have no will power, so hopefully the guidance of a professional will help. If my SIL was able to go from a 14 to a 0, certainly I can get to a 6.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter