So all Princesses from Disney aren't official??

kmac2384

Earning My Ears
Okay, I am a Disney fanatic and have never heard of an official Disney princess crowning ceremony until Merida. Has it always been this way and I never noticed? I assumed that a Disney Princess was " official". No crowning necessary. All but 3 princesses were created in my lifetime. I can't believe I never heard this before. Anyone else have insight or been to a crowning ceremony??

Never heard of the crowning either? Tangled was pretty recent as well and I don't remember an official crowning?

They did a crowning ceremony for Rapunzel in London, in 2012 I believe it was. Not sure about any previous ones, but I do remember the Rapunzel one because it was recent, and she is my daughter's favorite.

I just assumed they did one for Merida because she wasn't a princess in her movie. Her dad wasn't a king or anything, just the leader of his clan.

She is a princess. Merida refers to her mother as the Queen and says that is why she is being groomed. She is my daughters favorite.

yeah they do this for each new princess.

Rapunzel was in London. Merida has just been crowned and its already confirmed that the new frozen princess will enter the ranks,

i believe Tiana wias in N.Y somone correct me if not.

not sure how far back the ceremonies go but they have defo been doing it for the new princesses they add.

And why only acknowledge the animated ones? Giselle and Mia are awesome.

I heard that a some point they considered making Giselle an official princess but realized they would have to pay too much in royalties to Amy Adams (in order to use her image as a meet and greet character). Much more control over your own animated products than a live actress.

I heard that a some point they considered making Giselle an official princess but realized they would have to pay too much in royalties to Amy Adams (in order to use her image as a meet and greet character). Much more control over your own animated products than a live actress.

It does make sense. What if they based the character on the animated portion of the movie? Is she still too similar to Amy Adams? I hear they are making a sequel, I wonder if maybe they will negotiate to use Giselle after the next movie. I'm sure that while they would have to pay for using her likeness, Disney would probably make a lot more money in merchandise to make up for it. But this is just me, wishing for more princesses. pixiedust:

Was Pocahontas a princess? I thought she was but isn't an "official" princess as her image isn't used on any mainstream Disney merch anymore...

Was Pocahontas a princess? I thought she was but isn't an "official" princess as her image isn't used on any mainstream Disney merch anymore...

I believe Pocahontas is an official Disney princess. I actually got curious and Googled your question. The Disney Princess Wiki page and princess.disney.com both list Pocahontas as a princess, and Pocahontas's Disney Wiki character page states that she's the seventh official princess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter