So Bummed

thlarock

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

Good morning. So bummed I just got the news that after having a carotid artery dissection in both sides of my neck back in August which caused a mini stroke I can no longer go on any rollercoasters. We have had a trip planned for May and still going to go but as I am thinking about the rides I will no longer be able to go on I am getting really bummed out about it and kind of losing my excitement for this trip. Anyone else have the same type of restrictions and has it made you lose a little excitement for your Disney trips?

Thx for reading and any advice.

Tom

Hi all,

Good morning. So bummed I just got the news that after having a carotid artery dissection in both sides of my neck back in August which caused a mini stroke I can no longer go on any rollercoasters. We have had a trip planned for May and still going to go but as I am thinking about the rides I will no longer be able to go on I am getting really bummed out about it and kind of losing my excitement for this trip. Anyone else have the same type of restrictions and has it made you lose a little excitement for your Disney trips?

Thx for reading and any advice.

Tom
I have not had a doctor order me so, but I gave up on coasters and a few others a number of years ago. Too much for my back, and on some, like ToT, I always felt dizzy coming off them,. There's so much to do and see at WDW that it really has not diminished my experience all that much. You'll do well, Tom, enjoy the trip.

spelling

Last edited:
I was a coaster fan my entire young adult life. I developed vertigo and now I sit out a lot. But I do love the "slow boat" rides and shopping. So I do a little shopping while the family rides. I also help out with baby swap!

I’m sorry you are bummed. I can relate in a different way, but a little similar. I had brain surgery in 2010, and there are so many things I can’t do, but I did get used to it. No tobaganning, skating, skiing, etc, no rides like coasters at all. Sliding where my head can be loose uh uh 😐. Skiing and skating are the ones I missed the most.
I know it’s early Tom, and easy for others to say be thankful, but in The future you will be thankful the surgery went well, and these are not fun things, but you can still have a great magical trip. @thlarock 🌈

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter