So Cal Short Escape 10/4/2018 trip report

We were on this tour too! (The world tour people!) It was nice to relive it! Thanks for your report!

Nice to hear from you. I was at your table at Storytellers Cafe for breakfast. Hope your world tour worked out well! If you decide to do.a trip report, let us know where to find it.

But I don’t know which DIS board would be the appropriate one for such a report...

If your trip is in March, then maybe you’ll get to experience World of Color. Hope they will have it running by then.

Since you are arriving early, you might ask a Vacationista how early the guides will be in the lobby on the first day. You might not be able to get the 4-day pass before the parks open that day.
Fingers are crossed that World of Color is back in time!
So our ABD starts on the 7th, the Vacationista actually set it up to have us picked up at the airport on the 6th in the morning. (We're going to drop our rental car off early that morning). We're going to get a day ticket for that day. I actually booked a room at the Grand Californian the night before and after the ABD and put requests in that we stay in the same room if possible.

Thanks for this report. We are doing this before our cruise on the Wonder in May. Very excited!

Day 3: Saturday Oct. 6, 2018

Left: Adventure Guide Natalia. Middle: Disneyland Ambassador Alexa. Right: Adventure Guide Lori

mA0zb3Z.jpg

Our two favorite California Girls!!! Great times spent with Natalia & Lori!

I just discovered this report and found it super helpful as this is the one we are going to be doing next year, so thank-you. But I must say, you did make me laugh when you said you were surprised that two girls from Japan were able to book the tour... Disney doesn’t limit their booking ability only to American tourists! We are from Australia and frequently book our trips to DL, WDW and DCL annually... online here in Australia!

We rode Indy (again being brought to the front of the line) and then went backstage to the garage facility where they maintain the vehicles. We got a good look at one of the ride vehicles and the mechanisms that make it work.

Then we had a 1 hour lunch break on our own. After lunch, we

I just discovered this report and found it super helpful as this is the one we are going to be doing next year, so thank-you. But I must say, you did make me laugh when you said you were surprised that two girls from Japan were able to book the tour... Disney doesn’t limit their booking ability only to American tourists! We are from Australia and frequently book our trips to DL, WDW and DCL annually... online here in Australia!
Yes, but you cannot book Adventures by Disney via online. Only through a Travel Agent or by calling ABD direct. And calling ABD direct from Japan would be pretty expensive! I assume it would be from Australia, too.

Sayhello

Glad you found the report helpful. I hope you are able to do this trip next year.

I originally thought that ABD was restricted to people from the US and Canada, but apparently others have found ways to book ABD trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter