So confused...which cruise line to go with???

goofy4tink

No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator
Here's the deal...dh and myself, no kids. Want to cruise in Feb, this year (yep, dh came up with this idea a bit late in the game...last night!!!). I've cruised with Disney only....about 4 times, he has cruised with them twice.
We're not big drinkers, don't gamble. We would enjoy some nice ports of call....Caribbean somewhere.
So, any thoughts on the best line to go with? We want to sail out of Florida...up here won't be possible in Feb!
thanks for any thoughts or advice.

You will find a much wider range of itineraries and cruise lines if you focus on Fort Lauderdale or Miami. The itineraries out of either Port Canaveral (basic eastern/western/Bahamas rotations) or Tampa (5/7 night western) are pretty much the same as you would get on a Disney ship. Out of FLL or Miami, you can do southern Caribbean, Panama Canal, and quite a few more "exotic" routes. I'd start by going out to both ports webpages and see who's sailing out of each in February, and then do some research on the lines that do the itineraries that are the most interesting to you.

Thanks....I really wasn't sure as to the best way to start. That gives me a good place.

If you're willing to look a little beyond FL, you can look at San Juan, Puerto Rico for embarkation for Southern Caribbean itineraries. At this point it might not be reasonable to fly there vs FL, but you might as well see. :)

If you're willing to look a little beyond FL, you can look at San Juan, Puerto Rico for embarkation for Southern Caribbean itineraries. At this point it might not be reasonable to fly there vs FL, but you might as well see. :)
The flights are probably more expensive. but the cruises will be a little cheaper.

The problem with looking at itineraries is RCI (as well as Carnival and others) will all be going to same locations. If there is a certain destination you want to go to, definitely use that to narrow your choices, but I think you also should look at:

* Length of cruise (3, 4, 5, 7, 9, more?)
* Departure days (Do you want to cruise Saturday-Saturday, Sunday-Sunday, etc). The day you want to leave vs. the day you want to return could help narrow the field.
* Cost
* Ship amenities. The larger ships (RCI's Oasis & Freedom classes) are destinations unto themselves. Is that what you're looking for?

Once you know the first two, start looking and comparing.

You can go to just about any port with any cruise line. It will come down to price and the amenities that you want on the ship. We have cruised with Disney, Holland, Celebrity, and Royal Caribbean. Without kids, I would choose Celebrity. Royal Caribbean will have more nightlife and things to do around the ship, but I feel that it is not quite as nice as Celebrity when comparing service and food.

I agree to look at leaving out of San Juan. The southern Caribbean itineraries are the best in my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter