So Disappointed

KashasMom

DIS Veteran
I saw the fall 2019 cruises listed last weekend. Our only option was the Magic Bahamian cruise out of NYC. My least favorite Disney ship and (IMO) the most awful itinerary. So I checked out the RCI site and checked with my TA for same week cruise on the brand new Symphony of the Seas (our favorite class of ships). Super deal and OBC and I LOVED the itinerary. Had my TA put a hold on it.

Tuesday somewhere around 10 or 11 I checked the Disney cruise site and was shocked to find that particular date was a Very Merrytime Cruise - my absolute favorite! A whole week of fun holiday activities and parties (and a day at WDW)! I had to call Disney since I had a placeholder - price was okay (probably the most I'd spend) but I scored a secret verandah room! Ten minutes on the phone and it was all done. (For those interested - the Magic cruise was $5,309 with a $200 OBC and the Symphony was $3,118 also with a $200 OBC. Without my placeholder discount Disney was $5,836 with an obstructed view balcony and $6,396 with a balcony comparable to the one on the Symphony. And for those who obsess about the SIZE of the room there would be 30 sq ft difference for more than twice the price.)

Just a little while ago I received the following:

Thank you for selecting a Disney Cruise Line vacation. We are glad that you are scheduled to sail aboard the Disney Magic on November 3, 2019, for a 7-night Bahamian cruise from New York.

It has come to our attention that the November 3, 2019, cruise was inadvertently listed as a Very Merrytime Cruise on our website when this cruise will not feature a holiday theme. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused. The cruise confirmation you received was correct and the information has been updated on our website.

Needless to say I'll be canceling this cruise and it looks like - unless the new ships have some WOW itineraries, a good selection of pools(!) and more things on the ship that appeal to our family - we have taken our last Disney cruise. I am just a little bit sad - I sailed on the Magic during her inaugural year. At least I can get my Disney fix at the parks! On to Tokyo... Happy Cruising everyone!

I saw that they had changed that one from Very Merrytime ... I guess it's a transition week from Halloween to Christmas stuff so I suppose that makes some sense. That is disappointing, though I will be interested to hear how your Symphony cruise goes!

We booked this cruise on the Magic, the kids are so disappointed it’s not a Merry Time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter