So do you guys still fly?

Yes, we flew to St. Louis a week after 9/11. Then we flew to Philadelphia two weeks after that and to WDW in January, and all the way to Hawaii in April. Am I afraid of flying? NO. I think it is safer now than ever before. DH flies all over for business, and he agrees too.

I'm flying by myself to Puerto Rico in 2 weeks. This will be my second flight since 9-11. I was nervous the first time and I was with my husband on that trip, I'm sure I will be more so this time but I really want to go and nothing is going to stop me.

I am not afraid to fly...I have flown many times since 9/11, and don't hesitate to fly anymore. My first trip after 9/11 I was nervous, but after that I have been fine. :)

I've only flown 3 times, over 5 years ago. I seriously thought I would get through my whole life without flying. I was so scared that I had nightmares before that first flight. I'm hoping to go to Europe in a year. I'm going to have to be medicated. I'm wanting to go to a conference in Denver this summer. Fear of flying might be the extra little push I need to decide not to go. Oh, I'm also scared of driving and have decided not to go on a few trips due to that. :(

Where's the transporter when you need it?

I dread the delays and discomfort of flying, but I'm not afraid to fly. Besides, no way am I spending 4-6 days of vacation time just traveling to/from WDW.

I don't really like to fly, but I like getting someplace fast!!! I worry about mechanical problems and bad weather. I'm not too worried about terrorists at this point in time. If something else should happen that might change. Flying to DISCON in December and I'm already starting to worry about snow!!

I'll be flying next month...for the first time in a year. I'm fine with it. I'm looking forward to the trip actually....:D

We flew to WDW 2 weeks after 9/11 and had no problems. We flew back home 1 day after USA attacked Al- Qeida camps, still no problem. Everytime I get on I-85 it reminds me why we fly, because its so much safer. Dont let Osama or anybody else terrorize you into not moving on with your life, otherwise they win.

We have flown 4 times since 9/11 but will be curtailing it considerably because of the terrorists. Not for fear, the economy has been so bad since the attack we can't afford it anymore. :(

I've never cared for flying. The last time I flew was in 1994 to get to a funeral.

I can't stand flying! I dislike the uncomfortable seats and the airports. My biggest problem is my fear of heights. Once in a while the thought of how high we are pops into my head. :eek: But I try not to think of that unless turbulence hits and then I can't help it. The only thing I don't seem to think about are terrorists!

Even with all of that, we recently flew to California and I will hopefully be booking a trip to Florida soon. Driving just takes way too long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter