So excited!!! And a few solo newbie questions!

MandyBear0182

Earning My Ears
Okay, I was going to take my first solo trip back in December, but due to circumstances WAAAY beyond my control, I had to cancel. I got some really good advice from you guys when I was planning that trip! Now I am planning a new solo trip for September '04. Is anyone else going to be there in September? I would love to schedule a meet or something. I will more than likely be staying at Pop Century. Is this a good resort for solos? I've never been there before! How long did you guys stay when you took your first solo trip? These are my main concerns right now... Where and how long to stay. I'll have plenty more questions!! Thanks guys!

I'm taking my first solo Feb 5-8(2 weeks!) and I'm staying offiste at La Quinta Inn Lakeside.

Oh how fun! My trip isn't for eight more months! :( Hmm... Maybe I should shorten my trip. I havn't been in over a year, so I have been planning a long trip so I can get a good 'taste' until next time... Which could be sooner if I took off a couple of days from this trip... Hmm...

Hi MandyBear0182

I've gone solo in Sept maybe 4 times now. You will have a great time. The crowds are so low that you'll be able to just walk onto most of the rides.

I haven't decided yet if I will do another Sept or wait for new years. If I do decide on Sept I'll keep you posted.

Your summer is going to go by so fast now that you have your trip booked.......lol.....

Enjoy

That's just what I needed to hear! Thanks! I was curious about the crowds. It's good to hear they don't exist in September! LOL Isn't it great how time flies when you're waiting to go to Disney World? :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Hi MandyBear0182!!

My last solo trip was the week after Labor Day 2003.....great time! No crowds then - I would NOT recommend going Labor Day weekend tho......

I stayed at the AS Music resort and had a blast! No issue what so ever staying there solo - I stayed 4 nights....it was just a long weekend trip for me.

PM me if I can be of any assistance!

POP is a great solo resort for several reasons, the main one being cost. :cool: Plus, if you're a solo, the size of a value resort room is certainly more than enough space.

And if you're saving money by staying at a value, I recommend spending some of that savings for a backstage tour, e.g. Keys to the Kingdom or Backstage Safari. You'll meet other Disney enthusiasts on these tours and they make for great company.

I am thinking about taking a solo trip to Disney sometime in September. I have taken about 4 solo trips to Disney since 95. If I go this trip I will be staying at the Pop Century. Have stayed at both All-Stars Sports and Music and enjoyed both trips. I havent decied on the exact dates yet but it will be sometime after Labor Day.

<b>Welcome to the DIS and Adult/Solo Board, Randall</b>. That's a great time to go- warm weather but not crowded at all.

I have been during this time before and it was a great trip. Great weather and hardly any lines. Also have been the week after Thanksgiving weekend. Also a great trip with no lines and cool weather with all the christmas decorations up. Have been during all parts of the year but I think September after Labor Day and December before the week before Christmas are the best times to go if you can for short lines and cool weather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter