So excited for Tuesday...

avengerspoilerer

Mouseketeer
I have had Howard Stern’s new book on pre-order since it was announced. Just saw him on CBS Sunday Morning.

I cannot wait to have his 550-page book in my hands!

Maybe he just ran out of nasty outrageous stuff to say.
It really wasn't the nasty stuff to me. It was that he wasn't afraid to say things, even if they wouldn't be popular. I didn't always agree with him. He seems very afraid and scared to say the wrong thing these days and he's become "friends" with people he used to supposedly despise. He's just as fake as all the others and I guess that disappoints me a bit.

It really wasn't the nasty stuff to me. It was that he wasn't afraid to say things, even if they wouldn't be popular. I didn't always agree with him. He seems very afraid and scared to say the wrong thing these days and he's become "friends" with people he used to supposedly despise. He's just as fake as all the others and I guess that disappoints me a bit.

I saw an interview with him (he was on Jerry Seinfeld’s web show) and holy cow, he is so insecure. He also seems to be trying too hard to still be relevant.

Private Parts was a great movie though. So funny. And Paul Giamatti's character. He was the best.

I recently read an article where he felt so bad about how he treated Robin Williams. I guess he started nagging Robin about how he had an affair with his nanny. Robin did not want to discuss it, but Stern kept at him. After some time passed, Stern felt bad about how he took over the interview and basically harassed Robin. One thing he said that struck me was something like, "I can't believe my arrogance at thinking Robin couldn't entertain my audience. I thought i had to play to them and be outrageous for them." He said it was his biggest regret that he never got to apologize to Robin.

The initial reviews I've seen are not good. Appears that about 90% of the book is based on interviews and not really about Howard at all. Disappointing.

Howard is probably the best interviewer of all time. I listen to him everyday, I do tune out when he gets a little raunchy, but its not that frequent. Howard won me over on 9/11. I'm in Chicago - Howard's signal was the only one that didn't go dark. All major markets picked him up and his reporting was riveting. He's a genius - that's what I love and appreciate about him, pretty much his entire career is a chess game and he about 5 moves ahead of the "opponent".

I started the book on the "L" ride home yesterday. Liking it thus far.

The book is SOOO good and heartfelt. The reviews have been amazingly positive, even the New York Times loved it. It is great to see his maturation and listen to what he elicits from his clients.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter