• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So /how/ bad are Saturdays?

Kyjin

Mouseketeer
I know every guide to TDS says to avoid weekends, but I might not have a choice. My friend and I want to go and were planning on going during the week, like I did a couple weeks ago for TDL, but her school schedule may make that impossible now. Exactly how bad are Saturdays, and any advice to make it more manageable? I should mention that the two of us have been to TDS before, but may be bringing along up to three other people who have never experienced the park.

I know every guide to TDS says to avoid weekends, but I might not have a choice. My friend and I want to go and were planning on going during the week, like I did a couple weeks ago for TDL, but her school schedule may make that impossible now. Exactly how bad are Saturdays, and any advice to make it more manageable? I should mention that the two of us have been to TDS before, but may be bringing along up to three other people who have never experienced the park.

Most Saturdays the park will reach capacity or pretty close to it. Expect high wait times for everything. If you can, get there 45-60mins before the park opens, if you want to get some FP for attractions. Buy your park tickets before you get to the parks.

If it is the first visit for a couple people then be aware you probably won't be able to ride as many attractions as you would like. If you go in knowing that, it will be more enjoyable. Try going to restaurants at off times, but still expect it to be rather busy.

Gah, I forgot I posted this.

We ended up going last Saturday and it ended up being not bad at all! Made it to the park about 45 minutes after opening, but managed to score fast passes right away for Tower of Terror. The Toy Story Mania fastpass line was insane; we stood by and laughed at that. Ended up doing fastpasses for Journey to the Center of the Earth as well, but 20,000 Leagues was a walk-on in the morning, and we utilized single rider lines for Indiana Jones and Raging Spirits. (My friends were in total shock that we managed to get on and off Indy in under 10 minutes, and seriously wondered why more people didn't utilize it!) Longest wait of the day ended up being 50 minutes for Storm Rider, but we skipped repeats on ToT and Journey due to huge waits after our fastpasses.

So yes, Saturdays can be done! :D

Gah, I forgot I posted this.

We ended up going last Saturday and it ended up being not bad at all! Made it to the park about 45 minutes after opening, but managed to score fast passes right away for Tower of Terror. The Toy Story Mania fastpass line was insane; we stood by and laughed at that. Ended up doing fastpasses for Journey to the Center of the Earth as well, but 20,000 Leagues was a walk-on in the morning, and we utilized single rider lines for Indiana Jones and Raging Spirits. (My friends were in total shock that we managed to get on and off Indy in under 10 minutes, and seriously wondered why more people didn't utilize it!) Longest wait of the day ended up being 50 minutes for Storm Rider, but we skipped repeats on ToT and Journey due to huge waits after our fastpasses.

So yes, Saturdays can be done! :D

Wow, well done Kyjin. I have given up on going to TDR on the weekends. You planned your trip really well. Well done and I am impressed. I still don't wanna go on the weekends though. ; )

thats reassuring to hear, we're planning on spending 4 days at TDL & TDS next week, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday with the Sunday being my nephew's 6th Birthday.
Hopefully we will be able to get rides at both parks done on the Thursday and Friday before the weekend crowds hit, and save the shows and souvenir shopping till the weekend

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter