So, How Many AKV Points Do You Want?

DVCLiz

<font color=00cc00>That's me - proud defender of t
Now that we "know" the new points requirements, what's your dream? And do you think you'll really get them? If so, how soon?

I would like enough points to stay for 5 nights in a 2br villa during all but the Christmas/Easter season. So I would like 39x5=195 points. But, it would be nice to have a concierge stay as well occasionally, and I'd be willing to cut that down to 4 nights. So, 49x4=196 points. For either of those, I'd have to round up to 200 points. That, combined with 165 HH points and 165 BCV points, would do me pretty well for the next few years, I think.

I'll probably buy them in more than one contract, though. Either 50 or 100 points at a time. Does anyone remember how much closing costs will be with new contracts??

Well, my dream would be to have at least 220, but I'll likely settle for 55.

As many as possible. I'd do an every other year stay in a 2 br. SSR for the other years.:thumbsup2 Have to go when the kiddies are out. I think I'd enjoy it at VAKL when it's cooler and SSR when it's warmer.

It's just DH and I, we already have 160 SSR points, but we want AKV for us, even when we have wee ones. So 7 nights in a savannah view studio during Adventure season puts us at 99 points, so that's a 100 point add-on.

I'm doing 4 contracts at 50 points each at 8 am on Thursday morning, so that's 200 more points for us on top of the 330 we have at BWV and VWL. We can't use all of them each year yet but I plan to use them all when we retire. In the meantime, I'll have to become one of those people who rent out points that we can't use. Or transfer points to another DVC member once a year (my preference).

:confused3 None for me thank you! I am already paying dues on 300 at OKW. I will just try my best with the 7 month window.

:confused3 None for me thank you! I am already paying dues on 300 at OKW. I will just try my best with the 7 month window.

Same with us, we decided to add on at VWL. If we sell our BCV I may be tempted to buy AKL but since we tend to travel non peak I will take my chances at the 7 month.

I love AKL but prefer the location of VWL and SSR over AKV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter