So, how young is too young to Trick-or-Treat?

Our baby will almost be one next Halloween. I plan on taking him out only because I want the experience, costume, etc. Of course, getting a little candy is nice for me but I'm not doing it for the candy - I could buy myself a bag if that was my sole purpose!

I think as soon as they can walk it's a good time to start trick or treating. I think it's fine to dress up an infant to go out trick or treating if there is an older sibling, to make it a family thing. If I just had an infant, I would not take them trick or treating. They are not going to eat any candy and I would feel weird collecting candy. I would dress them to be there while I handed out candy so people trick or treating could see him/her. Or I may take the infant to immediate neighbors or friends but that's about it.

If a parent and infant came to my house, I would not mind. I want to get rid of my candy and I don't care who takes it.

I can understand a family wanting to take their baby out trick-or-treating if they are also taking out older siblings. Just carrying the baby, or having him/her in a stroller, fine. Fun for everyone to see the baby dressed up for Halloween. But if they are asking for candy for the baby, when the baby can't eat it, not sure I agree with that.

Old enough to eat the candy or if there is an older sibling. Taking a 6th month old trick-or-treating when you don't have an older child is a little pointless. I'm not saying it's bad or anything. Just kind of silly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!