SO I got an e-mail pin code today.....

I also got the e-mail and survey this week. Since we are going in the fall, it did not apply to our trip. This was the second survey I got within the last two months.

We're not batting a 1,000 :( We didn't get a postcard or e-mail, and the really rude Disney rep made my DH feel dumb about asking if we had a pin attached to our name ... I understand that not everyone gets a code, and it couldn't hurt to check just to see, but the rep didn't need to be so rude. The rep told him to "bother" marketing with the pin code questions. Not the friendliest rep. This is our first trip to Disney, and the folks at the reservation number have been our first glimpse into what the Disney staff is like--to be honest, they aren't giving us a good impression --- and it isn't because of the code--like I said, I understand some get one, others don't, that's fine, but the rep could have been nicer about it, not say to "bother" marketing...I didn't know asking a question was a "bother".

Mady/Sophiemom said:
I just called to see if perhaps, one had been sent to me, and I didn't get it. I got an EXTEMELY NASTY CM. She told me, that there was no such offer in existence, and that it is not even the type of offer that WDW issues. She said she would check, but came back with a quick NO, and scolded me for making her look up my reservation, just for me to ask a question like that. Excuse Me- She asked for my reservation info, before even asking me what help I was needing. I'm almost positive she did not even look. I've make many calls to Disney, and there is no way her computer gave her that info that fast.

Really bummed right now- Not so much for no E-mail, but for the fact that I was treated that way. Unfornately, I missed getting her name. Is there a way for them to look and see who it was, if I choose to call and complain?

I am not making excuses for any CM's rudeness but I imagine they are at their wits end with AP code week. I can imagine some of the call they get. Because I am one of them mostly... "Yea I have a 4 resort split stay with AAA rate that I would like to switch to AP rate and I would like to price every resort in different combinations. and can we check availability of every view ai each resort for several diff date ranges..." Like the CM said to me on Thursday "You internet people are really on top of things".

seanmci said:
I am not making excuses for any CM's rudeness but I imagine they are at their wits end with AP code week. I can imagine some of the call they get. Because I am one of them mostly... "Yea I have a 4 resort split stay with AAA rate that I would like to switch to AP rate and I would like to price every resort in different combinations. and can we check availability of every view ai each resort for several diff date ranges..." Like the CM said to me on Thursday "You internet people are really on top of things".

Yes, but she has no right to lie to me, just to get me off the phone.

I would have asked for Marketing's Phone number.

This is our first trip to Disney too, and when these CM's just groan and moan about having to checking something, it kinda worries me about how things are gonna be down there.

Maybe next time I call, I'll just tell them that Walt Disney was my Uncle. :rotfl:

Mady/Sophiemom said:
Yes, but she has no right to lie to me, just to get me off the phone.

This is very true. There is no good excuse for rudeness. I have to remember sometimes that very high customer service expectation is not just something we expect of them... They sell it like that. They create that expectation.

junkie said:
Here's your Spring Treat!

FREE!
150 Disney Dollars

When you purchase a 6-night or longer Magic Your Way Package at a Disney Value Resort (at the nondiscounted regular season price) for travel most nights between April 2-30, 2005, you will receive 150 Disney Dollars per room to spend however you like for dining, shopping and more at select locations across our world.

I got the same email - only bonus is the 150 Disney Dollars and it is only available if you book at full rate - not much of a deal but better than nothing if you plan on staying at a Value Resort.

Hi guys! I just wanted to let you know that PIN most certainly can be used at mod or deluxe resorts. Also, your travel can begin on April 30th as well, it doesn't have to conclude by then. The deal is good for stays of 6-10 nights. I just got off the phone with WDWTC booking it for a client at a mod about 30 minutes ago.

I've booked a couple of these in the last 2 days. From the looks of it, it seems to me like it may be a set price thing. I got the same rates 2 families both going 6 nights and 7 days with 2 adults and 1 child (one with 1 infant as well), one family was going during the "peak season" part of early April and the other going in the "regular season" of the last week in April. Both families were given a price of $1436.57 for 6 nights at value, 7 day MYW base tickets and travel insurance (travel insurance is $89 if you want to take that out). They do get $150 in Disney Dollars at check in. Give that I can book the same room and the same tickets at the same resort for the family going in regular season for $1358.16, I suspect this price of $1436.57 is a set price for a family of 4 at a value with these tickets. My clients decided to use it because with the Disney Dollars included, it did give them an extra $75 "free" to spend in the parks and they aren't eligible for AAA or AP. For the family going during the peak season, they would have paid $1424.16 without the pin so the price WITH pin is about $12 HIGHER but they are given $150 Disney Dollars so they end up $138 ahead.

For those who are interested, the price I was given for this deal at a moderate was $1755.41 (again, includes insurance so take out $89 if you would not want insurance). That was for 2 adults, 1 junior.

Just wanted you guys to know that you can use the pin on this offer for ANY disney resort, not just a value and that if you got one, don't expect a big discount because it looks like you'll be paying MORE than rack rates to get your disney dollars back.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=762220

First and foremost is a reminder that per DIS posting guidelines only PUBLIC codes may be listed on the DIS (annual passholder, FL resident, general public, etc.) Here is a direct quote from the guidelines:

9. DISCOUNT CODES: From time to time, Disney will send postcards via US Mail to select groups offering special deals. These codes are not intended for the general public, rather they are marketed to specific areas of the country. Under no circumstances can discount codes that are printed on these postcards be posted on our boards. Any such posts will be deleted immediately. We feel that if this is overly abused on the Internet, that Disney will eventually stop offering these discounts all together, in which case, everyone loses.

Lollipop Mom - do you know what the price would be at a deluxe?

I'm sure it would likely be different for each one since the pricing structure is not the same for all the deluxes like it is for the value and mods. I haven't had a client want to use one at a Deluxe so I haven't checked any of them out yet with that PIN.

Thanks Lollipop Mom - sorry if I wasn't supposed to ask about the price ???. I did receive the email/pin and just wondered if you had priced deluxe as well. Instead of being lazy, I'll just call myself! :teeth:

Thanks Lollipop Mom - sorry if I wasn't supposed to ask about the price ???. I did receive the email/pin and just wondered if you had priced deluxe as well. Instead of being lazy, I'll just call myself!

Oh, I didn't mean to sound like it was a problem to ask about the price! LOL I would have been glad to share it if I knew what it was, I just haven't gotten a quote for a deluxe yet with this offer. I was planning to ask for one when I called for the last client but I had a CM that, let's just say, wasn't the best. He answered and I introduced myself with my agency name etc. and said I had a client who received an email with a PIN code and I wanted to price the package. He told me I would need to give him the code so I started giving the PIN and he says "that's not a code" before I even had the first 4 numbers out. He tells me a code is "with letters" not numbers. I started explaining that it was a PIN and he cut me off again. Earlier in the day I had booked a package with this same offer and the CM was sort of talking to herself. She entered the PIN and then muttered "OK, so that's code XXX" (obviously those aren't the right letters but I don't want to break the DIS rules ;) ). Fortunately I had jotted that 3 letter code down so I gave the CM that code and he then proceded to quote me the package. I know it was the same offer b/c I had the same price at values that I had for other clients but I also asked about Mods. He was insistent for at least 5 minutes that Pop was a mod so the price was the same for values and mods. (maybe he was one of those catalog CMs...). Anyway, it took me almost an hour to get through the call with him just to get a price for mods and place a hold on the ressie. LOL By that time I was ready to be off the phone!

That did explain to me how some people get to use a transferred PIN and others don't. From what the other CM was muttering it sounds like they enter the PIN in one search and it pulls up the client name etc. Once they verify that they have a 3 letter code and it sounds like they search the system and book it using just that 3 letter code. He did not verify the PIN my client had at all even though I offered it at least 4 times. He told me to have the client bring the email with them to check in and the CM at the resort would check it. So I would bet there are CMs who look up the 3 letter code with the PIN but are lax about really verifying if the person it was addressed to is the one going.

Thanks again! That's interesting about the pin/code. I definitely will bring my email if I end up using it. :) I wouldn't want there to be a problem at check-in and risk starting my vacation off on a sour note.

I wasn't sure if I should've been asking you because the moderator posted the reminder rules/FAQs right after my post. Sorry, I should've explained more!

I'll definitely use my Spring Treat email pin if codes don't come out this week. I'll be checking the computer tomorrow morning early! ;)

I posted about the codes because someone had posted their pin code for someone to use. You can discuss prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!