So, I had a thought...imagine if when you booked an ADR

married2mm

DIS Veteran
it could not be cancelled ....
You had to stick with your first booked reservation; like your first answer in a quiz show

The horror!!

How would this impact upon you?

Last edited:
Back in the day when ADR's had to be called in to WDW travel I had no problem sticking with the plan. Rarely changed my mind.
Now that I can manipulate them on my own - forget about it. I changed from Ohana breakfast to Cape May to 1900 PF. I also changed from California Grill to Yachtsmen. I then went and changed from Flying Fish to Jiko. Yestarday I had a hankering to change from Ragland Road to Rose & Crown, but stopped myself. Typically speaking, I'm not an indecisive person. What has gotten into me?
:confused3:rotfl:

it could not be cancelled ....
You had to stick with your first booked reservation; like your first answer in a quiz show

The horror!!
As long as Disney can decide on a whim to change Park hours and/or make add-on shows available (i.e., Dining Packages for Fantasmic!, etc.) available months after 180-days, I reserve the right to change my mind.

If Disney stuck with their plan, I would stick to mine.

I only change if I couldn't get the exact timing I wanted to begin with and happen to find the time I wanted later.
Other than that I don't generally mess with my ADR's. I decide where I want to eat. I make the ADR. I go to my ADR.
So really it would not be a horror to me.
Me either.

Unless I have to change things due to unforeseen circumstances, like Irma.

Unpopular opinion:

I'd actually be thrilled about this because then maybe people wouldn't hold onto ADRs they don't plan to use and more stuff would be available right off the bat.

It drives me nuts knowing people book tons of ADRs knowing they will drop a bunch based on FP, park hours etc. later on. I know everyone has the right to do it, and I understand why they do it, but it still drives me crazy.

We choose a few key ADRs per trip and don't change the plan once it is set. We don't book backup ADRs if our first choice is not available - we set the places we want to go for the trip and if we get them we get them and if we don't we don't. We don't do PPO meals - mostly lunches if we do them - so park hours changes are irrelevant to us.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion :tongue:

I agree it's not simply just personal indecisiveness but the magic of Disney changing their plans too.

I actually have rarely changed my plans once made except maybe tweaking the time of a reservation (and not usually by a lot).

Back in the day when ADR's had to be called in to WDW travel I had no problem sticking with the plan. Rarely changed my mind.
Now that I can manipulate them on my own - forget about it. I changed from Ohana breakfast to Cape May to 1900 PF. I also changed from California Grill to Yachtsmen. I then went and changed from Flying Fish to Jiko. Yestarday I had a hankering to change from Ragland Road to Rose & Crown, but stopped myself. Typically speaking, I'm not an indecisive person. What has gotten into me?
:confused3:rotfl:
Oh i feel ya. Im probably worse than you. I change SEVERAL times, im even too embarrassed to admit how often. haha. BTW totally off topic but I'd change it back to Cape May if i were you...not a fan of 1900. And definitely keep Raglan Road! The food and entertainment are awesome! Good call on Yachtsman btw.

ok thats it, im done. (im not helping much am I?) :laughing::rotfl:

Unpopular opinion:

I'd actually be thrilled about this because then maybe people wouldn't hold onto ADRs they don't plan to use and more stuff would be available right off the bat.

It drives me nuts knowing people book tons of ADRs knowing they will drop a bunch based on FP, park hours etc. later on. I know everyone has the right to do it, and I understand why they do it, but it still drives me crazy.

We choose a few key ADRs per trip and don't change the plan once it is set. We don't book backup ADRs if our first choice is not available - we set the places we want to go for the trip and if we get them we get them and if we don't we don't. We don't do PPO meals - mostly lunches if we do them - so park hours changes are irrelevant to us.

Wouldn't bother me either...but we're a family who no longer makes ADR's more than a day in advance.

Here's the answer to hoarding ADR's though:

Make your ADR's within the 180 day time frame. Make as many as you want, but....any ADR that is cancelled and not replaced with another one within the same time frame (an hour, give or take), gets charged the no-show fee automatically.

Wouldn't bother me either...but we're a family who no longer makes ADR's more than a day in advance.

Here's the answer to hoarding ADR's though:

Make your ADR's within the 180 day time frame. Make as many as you want, but....any ADR that is cancelled and not replaced with another one within the same time frame (an hour, give or take), gets charged the no-show fee automatically.
Oh, I like it.

Unpopular opinion:

You realize the original post isn't talking about people making multiple ADRs...just changing their minds. For me, I might change my mind because I start reading a lot of positive or negative reviews about a place or because a family member lets me know they really like or dislike a place. Most likely I will change my ADR because Disney changes park hours or the only time available for a coveted FP+ conflicts with my original ADR.

I don't normally change ours, but for this trip I did. When 'Ohana announced that they no longer had bacon at breakfast, I changed a breakfast to Garden Grill.

You realize the original post isn't talking about people making multiple ADRs...just changing their minds. For me, I might change my mind because I start reading a lot of positive or negative reviews about a place or because a family member lets me know they really like or dislike a place. Most likely I will change my ADR because Disney changes park hours or the only time available for a coveted FP+ conflicts with my original ADR.

Yep, I'm very aware. And I answered the question. I would be happy for it to be implemented - because of the residual effect of curbing ADR hoarding.

We rarely ever change our minds, so it wouldnt affect me except in that it would curb a practice that I personally dislike as a result (hoarding ADRs.) I'd happily give up the ability to change my mind to stop that! We have only ever cancelled due to extenuating circumstances (flight changes, hurricane, illness, etc.)

As I mentioned in my first post, we determine the few places we want to eat before we book ADRs. We don't stray from it. If we get them, yay! If not, we wait and see if it becomes available. And maybe we'd have a better chance of getting it right off the bat.

(Edited to remove the part about TP reservation finder because it is irrelevant - remembered that if people were not allowed to change, this tool would not be very useful. It is useful to me right now while people can change to their heart's content.)

I am not implying that OP hoards ADRs. I am saying that if this was implemented, I would like it very much because we don't change our mind anyways and as a result, people couldn't hoard! :)

I know my opinion is unpopular. :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!