So I was Approved for the Southwest Visa... Now What?

My new southwest card now shows up when I log into my online chase account. It states the next payment is due 11/3. Does that mean my payment cycles are 11/3, 12/3, and 1/3? If so, it sounds favorable that I could open the second account and potentially get the companion pass for 2018 and 2019?
NO.. The Jan 3 payment is due in Jan. But the statement cut off date will be in Dec.6 so the points will post one day after the statement is generated so Dec 7 the 60K will post. And will not count toward getting the CP in 2018. The 110K for the CP must fall within the same calendar year.

Just looked at my bill and my due date is the first of the month and my cut off is the 4th of the prior month and my points get credited on the 5 of the month.

Last edited:
NO.. The Jan 3 payment is due in Jan. But the statement cut off date will be in Dec.6 so the points will post one day after the statement is generated so Dec 7 the 60K will post. And will not count toward getting the CP in 2018. The 110K for the CP must fall within the same calendar year.

Just looked at my bill and my due date is the first of the month and my cut off is the 4th of the prior month and my points get credited on the 5 of the month.

So IF these January postings don't work for 2018 & 2019 CP's, wouldn't they work for 2018 CP's? Otherwise not much of a window for people to benefit for 2017? Otherwise why would they get credit for 2019 for 2018 activity?

Nevermind. Read the SW FAQ's. I'll see IF they'll adjust my closing and due dates (Sept Premier and Business cards) otherwise I will be quite happy and content with 120K points and CP status for 2018. I didn't even know about CP until reading here so thanks for that . . . between my AA and Delta miles . . . I'll run out of free time before I run out of miles or points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter